+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Morison OUT

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Morison OUT

I'm not saying Morison out, give me him over a Pulis or someone any day. I'd just like Bellamy to take over from the summer in an ideal world

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm not saying Morison out, give me him over a Pulis or someone any day. I'd just like Bellamy to take over from the summer in an ideal world
    Let's see how we finish the season first - if it starts to come together and some of the youngsters really start to make the leap then it would make sense to give Morison longer.
    If we don't improve then we have a decision to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Let's see how we finish the season first - if it starts to come together and some of the youngsters really start to make the leap then it would make sense to give Morison longer.
    Doesn't he have to play them for that to be the case though Rjk? If he brings in a few more loanees then that's less game time for our own lads. Loanees bugger off at the end of the season and we're back to square one. After a bright start, he's benching too many of them. Will Bacuna start against Bristol? I don't want him to fail but as I said in my earlier post, I don't understand his decisions anymore and he's starting to get later and later with his subs.

I can only assume he doesn't feel the bulk of talented younger players we have will keep us up or are good enough to start. What's with Colwill these days? I'm not sure what Morison has in mind for him anymore.

4 home defeats in 5 league games has to change fast or it can only be a no thanks at the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    4 home defeats in 5 league games has to change fast or it can only be a no thanks at the end of the season
    ^^^^^^^
    This

Maybe it's all wishful thinking about what lies ahead but if the summer is the Great Refresh I'm not sure Morison is the man to take that on. He seems quite standard and uninspiring to me. Of course, we could get someone else who is equally middling or keep SM cos it saves the board the bother of doing much.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Maybe it's all wishful thinking about what lies ahead but if the summer is the Great Refresh I'm not sure Morison is the man to take that on. He seems quite standard and uninspiring to me. Of course, we could get someone else who is equally middling or keep SM cos it saves the board the bother of doing much.
    Who would you give it to in the summer then?

I hope Morison does enough to keep the job, as I at least like the direction he is trying to take us. If we are suddenly in the market for another manager, god knows who they'll give it to next time. If Morison comes good then at least we know it isn't another Warnock

I hope Morison does enough to keep the job, as I at least like the direction he is trying to take us. If we are suddenly in the market for another manager, god knows who they'll give it to next time. If Morison comes good then at least we know it isn't another Warnock
    They'll go for Newport's Manager after a series of scouting reports.

Well, my la la land appointment would be someone like Xabi Alonso, or not as far-fetched but still out of reach, Martin Demichelis at Bayern Munich II. Played in three different countries so I assume good contacts, including England (and against us in 2014 so he'll have heard of us at least). I've no idea if he's any good or the Argentinian Steve Morison but unless we interview all the names being thrown around there'll always be that negative bias. (I got those names from a google search).

I've heard SM speak and he strikes me as someone who has all the qualifications but would lack the imagination to build a pathway for the club. I'd throw Hudson and Purse into that bracket too.

I'm another who would be excited by the appointment Bellamy but again most of the evidence is from his own mouth (although also from his reputation at Anderlecht) and there might be 100 coaches out there of a similar ilk. It might be worth trying out Michael Beale again.

I agree there's a concern with our board and Mehmet will give it to some guy he met playing backgammon in Monte Carlo but that's also my fear they'll just give to Morison because it'll save them the bother looking anew.