+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Morison OUT

Re: Morison OUT

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Exactly. It would be unfair to judge Morison since he's been using the bunch of he was left with
    Logic would show it's entirely fair to judge Morison on the players he picks, given he was previously u23 manager playing that style and thus knows the youngsters are entirely capable of playing that style and formation.

The lack of gametime for Bowen and Sang in midfield is entirely on Morison, even given injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Things start going wrong as soon as he puts his pen towards the team sheet
    That's absolutely true I'm afraid. Pack in for Wintle big error. Then his substitutions are all wrong. He takes off the best player on the park! Dunno

The squad is terrible lets face it. Definitely one of the 3 worst teams.

Can a better manager save us because of the point deductions.?

Probably bonkers selections today.

Best chance of survival - the Cardiff Way with someone like Pulis or Warnock. Long term gets us nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Best chance of survival - the Cardiff Way with someone like Pulis or Warnock. Long term gets us nowhere.
    Forgotten about McCarthy already? I envy you

You left out Big Sam !

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Forgotten about McCarthy already? I envy you
    McCarthy had completely lost the plot.

5 centre backs.

You dont like it. I just reckon our most likely route out of this is direct football.

Doesn't mean we cant be better on the ball or play in the final 3rd.

I was hoping when he came in he'd change our style and blood youngsters but instead he's reverting to the same old which failed under previous managers. He needs to put his own stamp on this team which I appreciate is difficult with the poor senior pros we have and the lack of money to reinforce. As a starter he needs to change formation and reintroduce the younger players.

**** that

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I was hoping when he came in he'd change our style and blood youngsters but instead he's reverting to the same old which failed under previous managers. He needs to put his own stamp on this team which I appreciate is difficult with the poor senior pros we have and the lack of money to reinforce. As a starter he needs to change formation and reintroduce the younger players.
    I had great hopes for him and I really wanted him to get the manager's job. I've changed my mind now. I feared he had been given a poisoned chalice because we are basically a League 1 set up but I was hoping he'd be a new broom with fresh ideas.

Now he continues with this ludicrous 3 at the back and his team selections are suspect. He makes ridiculous substitutions and seems unable or unwilling to learn. He's disappointed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    **** that
    Fair enough. We may have to accept relegation and build from the lower leagues.

You cannot run a club on a shoe string with no cash input.

wait for it..when you don't have any competent football heads running the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I had great hopes for him and I really wanted him to get the manager's job. I've changed my mind now. I feared he had been given a poisoned chalice because we are basically a League 1 set up but I was hoping he'd be a new broom with fresh ideas.

Now he continues with this ludicrous 3 at the back and his team selections are suspect. He makes ridiculous substitutions and seems unable or unwilling to learn. He's disappointed me.
    There’s a simple word to describe that, he’s STUBBORN !!!

There’s a simple word to describe that, he’s STUBBORN !!!
    Yes I can't argue with that, and it doesn't bode well.

Fair enough. We may have to accept relegation and build from the lower leagues.
    we'll be fine

we'll be fine
    What, in League 1?

we'll be fine
    Based on what, blind faith?

we'll be fine
    I’ll have a £10 bet with you

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

All comments above are 100% correct.
    I really wanted him to succeed (and still do) but his persistence with a back 3, full of incompetent players, and his continued selection of out of form individuals, makes us favourites for relegation.
    Pack offers nothing in midfield yet we have not tried him at the back, which is where we are worse.
    The goals conceded today at Ashton Gate are akin to defending at Ely Racecourse.

McCarthy had completely lost the plot.

5 centre backs.

You dont like it. I just reckon our most likely route out of this is direct football.

Doesn't mean we cant be better on the ball or play in the final 3rd.
    Route one put us in this position

I’ll have a £10 bet with you
    you're on

His substitutions today were bizarre at best.
    We are ****ed I'm afraid.

More bizarre comments from Morrison after today's defeat. Apparently, it was nothing to do with his team selection or his tactics. It's just that the players don't care enough, or words to that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    More bizarre comments from Morrison after today's defeat. Apparently, it was nothing to do with his team selection or his tactics. It's just that the players don't care enough, or words to that effect.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...paign=sharebar

"Brutally honest" apparently, reads like he's shifting the blame to me

6 of the players who played today won't be here in a few months time, so maybe he's got a point.

I've not heard it myself but sounds like a good old fashioned kick up the arse

If that is the case he needs to stop picking players who don't care and pick players who do.