+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wintle and Ralls

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wintle and Ralls

Thought they played well together yesterday and an encouraging debut from Cody. Thought Ng did well having switched position as well

Re: Wintle and Ralls

I didn't see the game but I've heard wildly varying assessments of Ng's performance, from barely good enough for League 1 to ones like yours

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I didn't see the game but I've heard wildly varying assessments of Ng's performance, from barely good enough for League 1 to ones like yours
    Ng was fine. He made a couple of mistakes, but he showed endeavor. He's not Trent Alexander Arnold. That's why he plays for Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He was good going forward yesterday but his defensive frailties concern me.

Ng did well but everytime he got past his man he had to cut back onto his right to cross.

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Ng did well but everytime he got past his man he had to cut back onto his right to cross.
    well that's not a big surprise

Both Wintle and Ralls played fairly well, but without either of them setting the world on fire. They did their jobs - that's about all. Wintle is a defensive midfielder, and he did a good job shielding his back three. Interestingly the only goal came early in the game, perhaps when Wintle was still finding his feet?
    As for Drameh and Ng - well, I think it speaks volumes that Isaak Davies came on for ten minutes, and provided more crosses into the box in that time, than Drameh and Ng did for the whole game. Yes, it's early days for both - Drameh just arrived, and Ng has swapped sides - but I expected better from both.

Ralls and Wintle are a solid enough midfield and need a creative player alongside them - pointless playing Vaulks alongside them

Thought Ng had his best game for a few weeks and Wintle and Ralls did well if you measure them by what are realistic standards for them - get someone with more creativity to play alongside them and we have the beginnings of a midfield good enough to get by week after week in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Thought Ng had his best game for a few weeks and Wintle and Ralls did well if you measure them by what are realistic standards for them - get someone with more creativity to play alongside them and we have the beginnings of a midfield good enough to get by week after week in this league.
    I was hoping Sang was going to play there or come on for vaulks, but he went for the donkey Pack. If we were 1 up i might have forgiven it Paul, but bringing Pack on when 1 down and leaving Sang on bench was criminal IMO. Can't wait for Bowen to get fit, think he could be that creativity we are missing. I reckon if he kept Harris on and took collins off and brought on sang instead of Pack we may have got a point. If we are to avoid relegation we have to retire Pack and Vaulks from starting 11.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was hoping Sang was going to play there or come on for vaulks, but he went for the donkey Pack. If we were 1 up i might have forgiven it Paul, but bringing Pack on when 1 down and leaving Sang on bench was criminal IMO. Can't wait for Bowen to get fit, think he could be that creativity we are missing. I reckon if he kept Harris on and took collins off and brought on sang instead of Pack we may have got a point. If we are to avoid relegation we have to retire Pack and Vaulks from starting 11.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ralls and Wintle are a solid enough midfield and need a creative player alongside them - pointless playing Vaulks alongside them
    Colwill then ?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Colwill then ?
    Yes. If we are to persist with this formation then something like:

Smithies

Drameh McGuinness Flint Nelson Ng

Colwill Wintle Ralls

Davies Harris

Smithies

Colwill Wintle Ralls

Davies Harris
    yes I think that's how we will line up against the weaker teams, although Moore or Collins nwill probably be in

Thats got to be a joke.Davies is learning the game and as far as I'm concerned the jury is out on Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Thats got to be a joke.Davies is learning the game and as far as I'm concerned the jury is out on Harris.
    Why does that matter? He's proven himself to be effective in the Championship already and will only get better.

Collins is bang average, has only ever been bang average and will never be any better than bang average.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes I think that's how we will line up against the weaker teams, although Moore or Collins nwill probably be in
    I'll be honest I've just assumed Moore will be gone at some point

Ng started well but got less of a threat as the game wore on I thought. Saw a lot of the ball but was very wasteful 2nd half.

I don't have any issue with them starting. However we need three attack minded players playing ahead of them. We had three similar typed in central midfield yesterday plus three centre backs. No wonder we rarely threaten from open play. Most teams have three or four attackers in the side so it's no wonder we struggle.

We are a defensive side who can't defend

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I don't have any issue with them starting. However we need three attack minded players playing ahead of them. We had three similar typed in central midfield yesterday plus three centre backs. No wonder we rarely threaten from open play. Most teams have three or four attackers in the side so it's no wonder we struggle.

We are a defensive side who can't defend
    Exactly right. We often had three attack minded players in the early days of Morison's time in charge which I'd say is pretty normal, but it's been down to two in recent games - all this is a team which needs to score at least two to win!

I thought NG played well yesterday , but at the end gave the ball away a few times, (probably through tiredness), which was a little frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    And stronger teams too? It would be good to keep a settled 11.

Smithies

Colwill Wintle Ralls

Davies Harris
    I'd start with that on Saturday, assuming Moore's still out, with Colwill just in front of Wintle and Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    I'd start with that on Saturday, assuming Moore's still out, with Colwill just in front of Wintle and Ralls.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Agreed
    Lets do It , I'll ring one R Morison up now