+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Wintle and Ralls

  1. #1

    Wintle and Ralls

    Thought they played well together yesterday and an encouraging debut from Cody. Thought Ng did well having switched position as well

  2. #2

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    I didn't see the game but I've heard wildly varying assessments of Ng's performance, from barely good enough for League 1 to ones like yours

  3. #3

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I didn't see the game but I've heard wildly varying assessments of Ng's performance, from barely good enough for League 1 to ones like yours
    He was good going forward yesterday but his defensive frailties concern me.

  4. #4

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Ng did well but everytime he got past his man he had to cut back onto his right to cross.

  5. #5

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Ng did well but everytime he got past his man he had to cut back onto his right to cross.
    well that's not a big surprise

  6. #6

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Both Wintle and Ralls played fairly well, but without either of them setting the world on fire. They did their jobs - that's about all. Wintle is a defensive midfielder, and he did a good job shielding his back three. Interestingly the only goal came early in the game, perhaps when Wintle was still finding his feet?
    As for Drameh and Ng - well, I think it speaks volumes that Isaak Davies came on for ten minutes, and provided more crosses into the box in that time, than Drameh and Ng did for the whole game. Yes, it's early days for both - Drameh just arrived, and Ng has swapped sides - but I expected better from both.

  7. #7

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Ralls and Wintle are a solid enough midfield and need a creative player alongside them - pointless playing Vaulks alongside them

  8. #8

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Thought Ng had his best game for a few weeks and Wintle and Ralls did well if you measure them by what are realistic standards for them - get someone with more creativity to play alongside them and we have the beginnings of a midfield good enough to get by week after week in this league.

  9. #9

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ralls and Wintle are a solid enough midfield and need a creative player alongside them - pointless playing Vaulks alongside them
    Colwill then ?

  10. #10

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Ng started well but got less of a threat as the game wore on I thought. Saw a lot of the ball but was very wasteful 2nd half.

  11. #11

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    I don't have any issue with them starting. However we need three attack minded players playing ahead of them. We had three similar typed in central midfield yesterday plus three centre backs. No wonder we rarely threaten from open play. Most teams have three or four attackers in the side so it's no wonder we struggle.

    We are a defensive side who can't defend

  12. #12

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I didn't see the game but I've heard wildly varying assessments of Ng's performance, from barely good enough for League 1 to ones like yours
    Ng was fine. He made a couple of mistakes, but he showed endeavor. He's not Trent Alexander Arnold. That's why he plays for Cardiff.

  13. #13

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Colwill then ?
    Yes. If we are to persist with this formation then something like:

    Smithies

    Drameh McGuinness Flint Nelson Ng

    Colwill Wintle Ralls

    Davies Harris

  14. #14

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yes. If we are to persist with this formation then something like:

    Smithies

    Drameh McGuinness Flint Nelson Ng

    Colwill Wintle Ralls

    Davies Harris
    yes I think that's how we will line up against the weaker teams, although Moore or Collins nwill probably be in

  15. #15

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    I thought NG played well yesterday , but at the end gave the ball away a few times, (probably through tiredness), which was a little frustrating.

  16. #16

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes I think that's how we will line up against the weaker teams, although Moore or Collins nwill probably be in
    And stronger teams too? It would be good to keep a settled 11.

  17. #17

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Thats got to be a joke.Davies is learning the game and as far as I'm concerned the jury is out on Harris.

  18. #18

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Thats got to be a joke.Davies is learning the game and as far as I'm concerned the jury is out on Harris.
    Why does that matter? He's proven himself to be effective in the Championship already and will only get better.

    Collins is bang average, has only ever been bang average and will never be any better than bang average.

  19. #19

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes I think that's how we will line up against the weaker teams, although Moore or Collins nwill probably be in
    I'll be honest I've just assumed Moore will be gone at some point

  20. #20

    Re: Wintle and Ralls

    Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's proven himself to be effective in the Championship already and will only get better.
    Thatís not necessarily true, is it? Some young players start brightly when given first team football, but then disappear without a trace.

    I think it will pay for everyone to be realistic about this batch of youngsters. Some will probably make the grade at this level, some almost certainly wonít. At the moment itís anyoneís guess as regards which of them will fit into what category.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •