+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT Parking Tickets

OT Parking Tickets

Know this is off topic but this board is normally pretty knowledgeable for this type of thing!

Had a PCN (council one) recently for parking in Barry. I checked before parking and didn't see any signage at all. I appealed the ticket and they've refused and have sent me photos of signs which say you're entering a residential parking zone which are quite a way from where I actually parked but I guess I must have passed on the way into the area.
    Is this normal? Seems a bit unreasonable to me as I'm used to having a look around in the street itself before leaving the car but if it's normal i'll pay up!

Re: OT Parking Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Know this is off topic but this board is normally pretty knowledgeable for this type of thing!

Had a PCN (council one) recently for parking in Barry. I checked before parking and didn't see any signage at all. I appealed the ticket and they've refused and have sent me photos of signs which say you're entering a residential parking zone which are quite a way from where I actually parked but I guess I must have passed on the way into the area.
    Is this normal? Seems a bit unreasonable to me as I'm used to having a look around in the street itself before leaving the car but if it's normal i'll pay up!
    Go on the site pepipoo , they ask you to put all the PCN details in, someone on there will give you the best advice without getting a solicitor to look at it.

council = pay up usually

A couple of the little side roads off Broad Street near the stadium have these signs as you enter and nothing else.

I had the same thing in Caerleon. Parked by the amphitheatre.There was a small sign saying no parking between 2-4.
    Twats.

I had a ticket in a carpark in canton the other week, although when I checked the ticket they'd written the number plate in wrong, so I guess it was meant for someone else

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    A couple of the little side roads off Broad Street near the stadium have these signs as you enter and nothing else.
    This was up above the island, wasn’t even parked outside anyones house!

Thanks! I will have a look. I felt my informal appeal was quite good and a reasonable response but they’re replies are brutal!

I used to park in a side street opposite the car sales place at the top of Ninian Park road. I seen on a number of occasions traffic wardens chatting with each other before going around issuing tickets to the poor buggers who have gone to the game. I came back to my car after a game and there was a ticket on my car. I appealed against it but they said there was a sign on the entrance to the street. I wrote back and told them that i entered from the other end of the street where there was no sign. They ended up giving me warning. Low and behold they have now put a sign up the other end now.

Quote Originally Posted by alfie View Post
    I used to park in a side street opposite the car sales place at the top of Ninian Park road. I seen on a number of occasions traffic wardens chatting with each other before going around issuing tickets to the poor buggers who have gone to the game. I came back to my car after a game and there was a ticket on my car. I appealed against it but they said there was a sign on the entrance to the street. I wrote back and told them that i entered from the other end of the street where there was no sign. They ended up giving me warning. Low and behold they have now put a sign up the other end now.
    they've sent me photos now of photos 'on entrance' to the street from every direction. trouble is it's a long way from where i parked, so you'd turn down the street and drive for a while. think it's a bit of a con if im honest as i think most reasonable people would just have a look at what's signposted on the side of the street but as far as they're concerned they've caught you and that's that

they've sent me photos now of photos 'on entrance' to the street from every direction. trouble is it's a long way from where i parked, so you'd turn down the street and drive for a while. think it's a bit of a con if im honest as i think most reasonable people would just have a look at what's signposted on the side of the street but as far as they're concerned they've caught you and that's that
    I double checked and there was no sign on the entrance i came in but as i said they have rectified that now. Got away with it though,happy days

I would pay it sharpish if I were you. Council tickets always lead to jail time.

Unfortunately, controlled parking zones (areas where they just have signs on entrance and exit of the street) are more commonplace than you'd think, and don't require any additional signage/lines. There's quite a few of them within 10 mins of CCS, the side streets off Broad St being the most obvious examples.

If they've rejected your appeal, you're best to pay up before the fine increases, coz they certainly won't reduce it once it goes up!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and hope this helps.

pay it and get the reduced rate

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Unfortunately, controlled parking zones (areas where they just have signs on entrance and exit of the street) are more commonplace than you'd think, and don't require any additional signage/lines. There's quite a few of them within 10 mins of CCS, the side streets off Broad St being the most obvious examples.

If they've rejected your appeal, you're best to pay up before the fine increases, coz they certainly won't reduce it once it goes up!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and hope this helps.
    thanks, and yes seems to be the case. Just seems really wrong, anyone would think they're going out of their way to be able to give more tickets. In the exchanges I also found out that they'd given out 28 other fines for the same bit of road in the previous 14 days which seems loads.

Will pay up and go to porthcawl next time!

My wife had a ticket for parking in a resident zone in the centre of Barry. I appealed as the lines weren’t painted clearly but lost it. It went to somebody in North Wales and it was the quickest response I’ve ever had from a council department. I can’t see that they could have looked at the lack of markings so quickly. I paid the reduced rate in the end.

thanks, and yes seems to be the case. Just seems really wrong, anyone would think they're going out of their way to be able to give more tickets. In the exchanges I also found out that they'd given out 28 other fines for the same bit of road in the previous 14 days which seems loads.

Is this the entrance to the estate on Barry Island (Adar Y Mor)? If so, then you're bang to rights, sorry.

Agreed, many enforcement areas/strategies seem to be counter-productive, as I'm sure many of the other 28 will feel the same as you and take their business and hard-earned elsewhere! It's a shame

it was redbrink crescent, looking at google maps it's near to adar y mor
    the more i look at the layout that the kind sharks sorry I mean council have sent me, the more it seems that yes i'm bang to rights as in "they got me" but as far as fair and reasonable is concerned i think far from it. i didn't even park outside anyone's house (as i know the frustration of that from my own house)

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    My wife had a ticket for parking in a resident zone in the centre of Barry. I appealed as the lines weren’t painted clearly but lost it. It went to somebody in North Wales and it was the quickest response I’ve ever had from a council department. I can’t see that they could have looked at the lack of markings so quickly. I paid the reduced rate in the end.
    yeah it's the north wales cartel that won't listen to reason with mine too unfortunately. They must make a killing

it was redbrink crescent, looking at google maps it's near to adar y mor
    the more i look at the layout that the kind sharks sorry I mean council have sent me, the more it seems that yes i'm bang to rights as in "they got me" but as far as fair and reasonable is concerned i think far from it. i didn't even park outside anyone's house (as i know the frustration of that from my own house)
    That's a bit different. Adar Y Mor is the road as you enter a particular housing estate and is a Cul de Sac - so you wouldn't have much of an argument saying you didn't see any signs etc. as there two large ones as you enter the street. I used to park there sometimes before the new parking enforcement started in the summer.

Now I just use the paid car parking where the old Butlins camp used to be (when the free bays are full elsewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    That's a bit different. Adar Y Mor is the road as you enter a particular housing estate and is a Cul de Sac - so you wouldn't have much of an argument saying you didn't see any signs etc. as there two large ones as you enter the street. I used to park there sometimes before the new parking enforcement started in the summer.

Now I just use the paid car parking where the old Butlins camp used to be (when the free bays are full elsewhere).
    Funnily enough I think this is the estate where I did see signs, really obvious ones, which made me feel comfortable that where i did park was unrestricted!

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    pay it and get the reduced rate
    Yes pay sharpish, I know someone who just ignored a parking fine and it ended up with bailiffs and costing him over £900!