+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seems like some people done well out of Pandemic

Re: Seems like some people done well out of Pandemic

The fundemental problem with Facebook is that it has lost it's raison d'etre, which is to be sociable.

No one minds ads, most people probably don't mind targeted ads, but we expect it whilst using it for it's primary funtion, which is to keep up with news and shit from friends.

If facebook just ordered its page chronologically in the order your friends post them, it would be much more successful. It's borderline anti-social in that it seemingly hides some stuff for days and people think you are ignoring a post you may otherwise 'like'.

It's pure greed.

Some companies were saved by diversifying into Corvid related supply chains , not time to wait and go through normal time consuming tender protocols workers are grateful as are the folk who benefited form that rush to supply .

The rest of the world was also circumventing the usual trade and purchase regulations due to a pandemic and a mad rush to save lives , I'm guessing a few crafty ones saw opportunities , a lot were trying to save their businesses, jobs oh and lives yes for profit, that is how we pay folk and get tax revenues in to support education , policing and health

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Some companies were saved by diversifying into Corvid related supply chains , not time to wait and go through normal time consuming tender protocols workers are grateful as are the folk who benefited form that rush to supply .

The rest of the world was also circumventing the usual trade and purchase regulations due to a pandemic and a mad rush to save lives , I'm guessing a few crafty ones saw opportunities , a lot were trying to save their businesses, jobs oh and lives yes for profit, that is how we pay folk and get tax revenues in to support education , policing and health
    Something to crow about, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Something to crow about, I suppose.
    If its saves jobs yes ,you'd have to speak to those people grateful they are not unemployed

If its saves jobs yes ,you'd have to speak to those people grateful they are not unemployed
    Too right, they must be Choughed!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Too right, they must be Choughed!
    Glad you think so

Whoosh!

Whoosh!
    Ignorance is bliss 👍

Whoosh!

that's very true we manufactured parts for the ventilators at the start of the pandemic which saved a complete full assembly line being layed off along with a host of companies in the UK

Looks like Twitter is taking a hit today too not just face book now

Ark Invest's Cathie Wood sells $142 million of #Twitter shares ahead of the earnings report. Twitter stock is down over 45% in the last 6 months.

Looks like censorship is the main reason reading today with a host of new platforms now operating under the guise of free speech it seems .

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    that's very true we manufactured parts for the ventilators at the start of the pandemic which saved a complete full assembly line being layed off along with a host of companies in the UK

Looks like Twitter is taking a hit today too not just face book now

Ark Invest's Cathie Wood sells $142 million of #Twitter shares ahead of the earnings report. Twitter stock is down over 45% in the last 6 months.

Looks like censorship is the main reason reading today with a host of new platforms now operating under the guise of free speech it seems .
    I know of a good story like this in Wales l .

Got a feeling if a business cut a corner those employees are just happy the mortgage is still being paid .

Businesses has many levels of behaviour some you would not condone the one thing I do know they provide employment and as long as those workers rights are cared for think most are happy to get on with life .

Perhaps for balance a few good business stories could be posted around the pandemic instead of some seeking our the negatives of life .

If someone has broken the law I'm sure it will be found and dealt with eventually let hope it not to the determent of workers .

Whoosh!
    what are you raven on about now?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    what are you raven on about now?
    Do you think the penny will ever drop? I'm hanging on eagerly to see if he'll get it lol. Still, he seems to be enjoying himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Do you think the penny will ever drop? I'm hanging on eagerly to see if he'll get it lol. Still, he seems to be enjoying himself.
    I'm not sure feather or not he will peck up on this, and maybe claw back a bit of credibility - but rook me, I doubt it.

By the way, as we have wandered into the world of ornithology, do you know why the game Subbuteo is so called?
    I understand that the person who devised the game wanted to call it "Hobby", which wasn't possible to trade mark as it is a generic word that cannot be 'owned' by a particular party. Looking up the Latin name of the eponymous bird he found that it was the name he eventually assigned to the game.

Just as well that he didn't end up using the Latin name for the thrush i.e. turdus. Ideal for a crap game perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I'm not sure feather or not he will peck up on this, and maybe claw back a bit of credibility - but rook me, I doubt it.
    I think you're right Mister Jay.

By the way, as we have wandered into the world of ornithology, do you know why the game Subbuteo is so called?
    I understand that the person who devised the game wanted to call it "Hobby", which wasn't possible to trade mark as it is a generic word that cannot be 'owned' by a particular party. Looking up the Latin name of the eponymous bird he found that it was the name he eventually assigned to the game.

Just as well that he didn't end up using the Latin name for the thrush i.e. turdus. Ideal for a crap game perhaps.
    Turdus would be a brilliant name for a British Prime Minister though. Particularly one who loves playing dodgy games.