+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giles To Return Rumours

Giles To Return Rumours

Seems to have some traction , will be a huge bonus if true?

Re: Giles To Return Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He was an unused sub for Wolves again on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Hopefully we get him and Doyle then maybe a striker.

2 + 2 = 5

hes had a very successful loan here, and they have some strength in that position so he might not get much game time there, but who knows what their plans are, they might hang onto him until the end of the month in case they have any more players drop out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    2 + 2 = 5

hes had a very successful loan here, and they have some strength in that position so he might not get much game time there, but who knows what their plans are, they might hang onto him until the end of the month in case they have any more players drop out.
    Don’t think they have anyone at the Africa Cup of Nations do they?

It's possible if at the end of the window they have enough cover.

Given he is an unused sub though surely they have some youth players to fill out a bench and could have recalled him later in the window if needed. Are there many cases of recalling someone from a loan to then loan back to the same club?

I'm sceptical it will happen but would be a big boost.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    not that I can think of.
    reading a wolves message board there are mixed opinions on whether they should keep him or send him back out.
    they have 2 or 3 players who can cover that position but at least one of them is pretty injury prone.
    with the prospect of covid etc they might keep him just in case , but they could easily keep him there for him not to get a kick all season.

The Mail are reporting that Wolves are letting Dion Sanderson back out on loan. Hopefully Giles too. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...oan-month.html

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    The Mail are reporting that Wolves are letting Dion Sanderson back out on loan. Hopefully Giles too. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...oan-month.html
    Apparently Swansea are interested in him. that would hurt

Having Giles and the Leeds guy on either side would really help.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Having Giles and the Leeds guy on either side would really help.
    yep, it would mean that our own players like Bagan wouldn't be getting game time, bit it could at least show the fans and board what a proper version of this formation could be like ahead of the summer clear out

yep, it would mean that our own players like Bagan wouldn't be getting game time, bit it could at least show the fans and board what a proper version of this formation could be like ahead of the summer clear out
    Sadly I don’t think Bagan has what is needed at the moment. I think a loan would help him.

Sadly I don’t think Bagan has what is needed at the moment. I think a loan would help him.
    I think he's been ok, if we were 10 points Better off I'd be looking to play him until the end of the season. even if he's ultimately just here s a backup lwb thats a much better situation than having someone like Greg Cunningham as a back up for £4 million quid.

100% agree with this, he's not Championship standard, could benefit from regular game time in L1/L2

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    100% agree with this, he's not Championship standard, could benefit from regular game time in L1/L2
    I think that's a bit harsh, he's played quite a few games in the championship, and been fine in most of them. he's not Giles but he's going to be a good premier League player imo.

I think that's a bit harsh, he's played quite a few games in the championship, and been fine in most of them. he's not Giles but he's going to be a good premier League player imo.
    He’s not stood out as a sore thumb as everyone else has been so bad around him, but I don’t see him as ready to play regular championship football and agree with the OP

I have 50 English pounds that says Bagan will never be a good Premier League player. Hope I'm wrong for our sake

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    I have 50 English pounds that says Bagan will never be a good Premier League player. Hope I'm wrong for our sake
    I meant Giles is going to be a good premier League player, Bagan doesn't look like being that but it doesn't mean he's league 2 standard, he hasn't looked any worse than the rest of the squad

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Saiss

I meant Giles is going to be a good premier League player, Bagan doesn't look like being that but it doesn't mean he's league 2 standard, he hasn't looked any worse than the rest of the squad
    I don't agree. Giles is at best a good Championship player. If he was a good Premiership player, he'd be in the Wolves side every weekend. Let's be honest - he doesn't really stand out, when playing for us. Yes, he plays well, and makes a few assists - but that's the very least we should be expecting from our wingers.
    I think our standards have dropped so far, that anyone who can dribble and pass a couple of times each game is suddenly Premiership material. Nope - that's just basic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I don't agree. Giles is at best a good Championship player. If he was a good Premiership player, he'd be in the Wolves side every weekend. Let's be honest - he doesn't really stand out, when playing for us. Yes, he players well, and makes a few assists - but that's the very least we should be expecting from our wingers. I think our standards have dropped so far, that anyone who can dribble and pass a couple of times each game is suddenly Premiership material. Nope - that's just basic stuff.
    Ryan Giles is the best player in our squad and 21.

He will probably make it

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Ryan Giles is the best player in our squad and 21.

He will probably make it
    he also has the joint second highest number of assists with Jon Swift, one behind Harry Wilson.
    all 3 will be playing premier League football next season imo.

I beg to differ. He's not been "fine" in most of the Championship games he's played. He often looks suspect in defence and he needs to work on his passing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I beg to differ. He's not been "fine" in most of the Championship games he's played. He often looks suspect in defence and he needs to work on his passing.
    each to their own, I don't agree

I would fancy our chances of staying up more with Giles on the left than NG