+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flint to Sunderland

Flint to Sunderland

There seem to be a couple of rumours floating around, linking Aden Flint to Sunderland. What's the verdict?
    Do we hold on to for now, and see him leave on a free in the summer?
    Sell him for a small fee, and free up some cash and wages for team strengthening?
    Give him a new deal, and build the defence around him?

Does anyone know how Sean Morrison is? Is he likely to be fit any time soon?
    If Flint went, could we go to a back four, bearing in mind the players who are available?

Re: Flint to Sunderland

I would keep until the summer, unless they have a good replacement they want to bring in.

The only thing Tan is interested in is hard cash.
    What they paying!

Even without a fee I would let him go, get the wages off the bill and bring in someone else who can play the ball out from the back. We certainly don’t need him and Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Even without a fee I would let him go, get the wages off the bill and bring in someone else who can play the ball out from the back. We certainly don’t need him and Morrison.
    And Morrison is not in great form at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    There seem to be a couple of rumours floating around, linking Aden Flint to Sunderland. What's the verdict?
    Sell him for a small fee, and free up some cash and wages for team strengthening?

If Flint went, could we go to a back four, bearing in mind the players who are available?
    Flint has a goal or two in him so i'd keep him till the end of the season unless we are getting a decent fee

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And Morrison is not in great form at the moment.
    No he isn’t but I still think he is the better player. As long as only one of them left then I wouldn’t be to concerned intact if we would replace with a player who would fit into how we play on the left of the back 3 I think it would really help us.

He would have been managed by Lee Johnson at Bristol City, so would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What they paying!
    ?

I'd be happy for him to leave. Let's go back to a defensive partnership of Morrison and Nelson, as it has worked well in the past.

His wages would easily cover a loanee with plenty to spare. Cash in now.

Get Rid he was shit against Blackburn just lobbing it up field most of the time.

He’s one of the few to come out of this season with any credit. Unless we are bringing in a replacement, I’m not sure on the logic here, especially as he’s a goal threat. And yes, we are that rubbish we need to consider that.

He's off for a free in the summer, if we can con someone into paying for him then that's great business

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He’s one of the few to come out of this season with any credit. Unless we are bringing in a replacement, I’m not sure on the logic here, especially as he’s a goal threat. And yes, we are that rubbish we need to consider that.
    He's not scored for us since August!

let him go in the summer, foolish to let him go now with the battle we are in, he looks like someone who would be up for the fight

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    let him go in the summer, foolish to let him go now with the battle we are in, he looks like someone who would be up for the fight
    yep, unless we have a ready to go replacement coming in I would keep him until the summer (but not beyond)
    if we sold him then pick up a couple of injuries or illnesses at the back we would be very exposed

International

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    What they paying!
    Another one who knows exactly what VT thinks and wants.
    As you are obviously so close to him can't you get some real inside info we could all make a couple of quid on?

No? I didn't think so somehow!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yep, unless we have a ready to go replacement coming in I would keep him until the summer (but not beyond)
    if we sold him then pick up a couple of injuries or illnesses at the back we would be very exposed
    We're exposed at the back every time we play

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    We're exposed at the back every time we play
    Your right, would be missed however he is 32 , not a cultured passing defender , we cant play him and one R Mozza , he still has some transfer value wont in a year or two , play Pack a the back or that very good lad Denham

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Your right, would be missed however he is 32 , not a cultured passing defender , we cant play him and one R Mozza , he still has some transfer value wont in a year or two , play Pack a the back or that very good lad Denham
    he won't have any transfer value in 5 months, not a year or two!
    we would probably get a few hundred k tops.
    I'm the first one to suggest getting rid of the older players, but don't see it's worth it in this instance

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post

I think you left out an all-important 'question mark' in your post heading. Otherwise, the title is somewhat misleading.

Sell.

If he doesnt go fine.

Hes up for the battle.

Terrible defending for Blackburns goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Sell.

If he doesnt go fine.

Hes up for the battle.

Terrible defending for Blackburns goal though.
    I'd say the keeper was as much at fault to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I think you left out an all-important 'question mark' in your post heading. Otherwise, the title is somewhat misleading.
    Yes, I know what you mean! Still, I decided to include loads of them in the post itself, to make up for it.