+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: statistics show 'official' toll overblows fatalities by up to 40%

statistics show 'official' toll overblows fatalities by up to 40%

Re: statistics show 'official' toll overblows fatalities by up to 40%

It should be borne in mind Dingwall is a right wingers who has always been against restrictions. He is also not a medical man but merely a sociologist. Anything published in the Daily Mail is best read with lots of salt.

You may right , but more and more of this data is being reported , if it was wildly inaccurate it would not be published would it ?

I would imagine the statistics for flu would 40% higher if they tested it in the same way ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    You may right , but more and more of this data is being reported , if it was wildly inaccurate it would not be published would it ?

I would imagine the statistics for flu would 40% higher if they tested it in the same way ?
    I'm not so sure, some publications will allow all sorts of information to be released without proper fact checking. Personally I'm not taking too much notice of this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'm not so sure, some publications will allow all sorts of information to be released without proper fact checking. Personally I'm not taking too much notice of this story.

Depends who’s paying the newspapers, as to what stories they release.

Is this all connected to the 'with covid' or 'of covid' data discrepancies?

Unlike all of the other UK right leaning newspapers I believe, Wikipedia does not treat the Daily Mail as a reliable source - the piece linked would be much more convincing I feel if it had come from a source which doesn’t have the sort of agenda the Mail does when it comes to Covid.

You lose all credibility if you post a link from the daily mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    You lose all credibility if you post a link from the daily mail.
    What about the ONS or the Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ut-not-by-much

Oooooh.

A lot of news outlets use the same story and spin it towards its readers needs bit like CCMB .😜

Daily Mail article: PUBLISHED: 15:36, 9 February 2022 | UPDATED: 21:43, 9 February 2022
    Guardian article: Tue 21 Jul 2020 12.56

I just think some people are trying their hardest to squeeze the pips out of this story because they have a certain agenda. For me there's far more urgent priorities to address.

I just think some people are trying their hardest to squeeze the pips out of this story because they have a certain agenda. For me there's far more urgent priorities to address.
    No agenda from me , just an alternative view which is healthy I’d say when you consider how the last two years have impacted mental health , delayed treatment for serious Illness , dentistry , not to mention the economic crash which is probably never going to recover. On a positive note , at least stories like these are slowly dripping through when it was known by many after about three weeks in. Science is always about debate and risk/benefits.