+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bojo will be gone in 1 week

Re: Bojo will be gone in 1 week

you will all love this...

Sue Gray report may be delayed by.....months

https://order-order.com/2022/01/25/s...investigation/

Serious question, why is there no petition for his resignation? I would love to see the numbers that it would reach. The world is looking at the U.K. and you look so weak as a country, I’ve never heard of a government **** up so much with no consequences. Laughing stock unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Wozza16 View Post
    Serious question, why is there no petition for his resignation? I would love to see the numbers that it would reach. The world is looking at the U.K. and you look so weak as a country, I’ve never heard of a government **** up so much with no consequences. Laughing stock unfortunately

Frankly I think the rest of the world has more on it's plate than whether a few parties took place in Downing Street (and I am not trying to minimise the reaction in this country, the government has rightly been castigated here and I think Boris should have gone by now, I just don't think Englands Covid rules are a desperate concern to other countries).

Governments over the world have done far ,far worse than this.

Where are you from incidentally, not the UK presumably.

What on earth would a petition for his resignation achieve. Predictably his opponents woiuld say yes and just as predictably Tory MP'a would completely ignore it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Frankly I think the rest of the world has more on it's plate than whether a few parties took place in Downing Street (and I am not trying to minimise the reaction in this country, the government has rightly been castigated here and I think Boris should have gone by now, I just don't think Englands Covid rules are a desperate concern to other countries).

Governments over the world have done far ,far worse than this.

Where are you from incidentally, not the UK presumably.

What on earth would a petition for his resignation achieve. Predictably his opponents woiuld say yes and just as predictably Tory MP'a would completely ignore it!!
    its more the fact that he's a proven liar, completely unsuitable for the role he's in.

I think it may have been better if the police had announced their enquiry after Sue Gray had produced her report rather than before,although according to the Guardian, the police raised no objection to the Gray report being published before they complete their investigation.

It is the government who have decided this

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    its more the fact that he's a proven liar, completely unsuitable for the role he's in.
    Sadly world politics has many proven liars and unsuitable leaders.

And that is not a defence of Boris Johnson

Its pathetic. The UK govt is a laughing stock. The Met and Sue Grey have better things to do than investigate these clowns. Did Sue Grey and Cressida Dick get involved with the near 119,000 penalty notices dished out.? No of course not.

What a complete shambles.

The bufoon and his gutless front bench every single one of them backing him are not fit to govern.

What a complete waste of resources. Just hammer them with their penalty notices.

I think it may have been better if the police had announced their enquiry after Sue Gray had produced her report rather than before,although according to the Guardian, the police raised no objection to the Gray report being published before they complete their investigation.

It is the government who have decided this
    Id like to ask Cressida Dick did her officers present at Downing Street know about these parties/gatherings? If so why didnt they act.

If it’s right that the Met were okay with the Gray report being published, why isn’t it? Seems to me, Johnson and co have seized on today’s news as a way of trying to get the heat to go out of the situation - this has the feel of something the public won’t forget though, but these are strange times we’re living in and, for reasons that completely elude me, people will forgive Johnson an awful lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Its pathetic. The UK govt is a laughing stock. The Met and Sue Grey have better things to do than investigate these clowns. Did Sue Grey and Cressida Dick get involved with the near 119,000 penalty notices dished out.? No of course not.

What a complete shambles.

The bufoon and his gutless front bench every single one of them backing him are not fit to govern.

What a complete waste of resources. Just hammer them with their penalty notices.
    100% agree with you. I've come to despise the lot of them. I'd like to know the full cost of all these 'investigations'.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    claim sky news

https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...itics-12514080

Wonder what the game changer is ?
    I bookmarked this has he gone

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    If it’s right that the Met were okay with the Gray report being published, why isn’t it? Seems to me, Johnson and co have seized on today’s news as a way of trying to get the heat to go out of the situation - this has the feel of something the public won’t forget though, but these are strange times we’re living in and, for reasons that completely elude me, people will forgive Johnson an awful lot.
    I wouldn't say they seized the opportunity. It's been manufactured, and pretty well too. Apparently the investigation could take up to a year, and what's the punishment? Fines.

We'll see if the public forget or not, but to me it looks like the government have shifted the odds back in their favour. I didn't see this coming a few days ago, but I think Johnson has just saved his skin from the vote of no confidence.

Sky now saying the report may be published in full in a few days.

Sky now saying the report may be published in full in a few days.
    https://news.sky.com/story/boris-joh...tands-12525259

Somebody help me out. If these photos are legit?

Are these the parties he didn't attend or the parties he didn't know were parties, his birthday celebration (which obviously wasn't a party) or was this photo the work meeting?

I'm fuucked if I know the difference anymore?

LBC say full Gray report tonight or tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Are these the parties he didn't attend or the parties he didn't know were parties, his birthday celebration (which obviously wasn't a party) or was this photo the work meeting?

It's easy!!!

Bojo says it's a party if anyone of us attended one but not a party if he and his wifey attended one... simples.

Gavin Barwell,Theresa May's former chief of staff said today on twitter

'When MPs report the feedback on the doorstep is inconsistent with the latest polls it is because either

a) they are canvassing in unrepresentative areas with much higher support for their party or

b) they're making it up

There is a subtle hint as to which I believe

I can confirm they are in fact Dick pics. The Met. #NSFW.

I can confirm they are in fact Dick pics. The Met. #NSFW.

After yesterday’s “ambushed with a cake” classic, we now have Tory MP Crispin Blunt giving us the benefit of his wisdom

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/26/boris...ests-15992754/

Some MPs are embarrassing themselves now in their desperation to excuse Johnson.

After yesterday’s “ambushed with a cake” classic, we now have Tory MP Crispin Blunt giving us the benefit of his wisdom

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/26/boris...ests-15992754/

Some MPs are embarrassing themselves now in their desperation to excuse Johnson.
    Yeah - I heard that interview. I'm not completely surprised as I'm 'lucky' enough to have him as my local MP. I knew from correspondence that I've had with him that he holds blind support for Johnson. I'm sure his constituents will be thrilled to hear that he thinks they were probably breaking the rules just as Johnson was.

Just watching PMQs and he's defiant and resolutely refusing to go, and does have a confident air. It's bizarre.

I wonder what his game is at the moment. Take the criticism, pay any fine forthcoming, coupled with an end to all restrictions, whilst emphasising positives on bigger issues like jobs?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Just watching PMQs and he's defiant and resolutely refusing to go, and does have a confident air. It's bizarre.

I wonder what his game is at the moment. Take the criticism, pay any fine forthcoming, coupled with an end to all restrictions, whilst emphasising positives on bigger issues like jobs?
    It will appeal to a lot of libertarians just like Breixt , his prorogue parliament and other two fingers in the air moments , not sure why were are so fixated if he stays were told by the polls Sir Kier is next PM ??

I listened to PMQ's most weeks and it it becoming groundhog day on both sides Labour are becoming very one tracked on this issue and folk will be turned off .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    It will appeal to a lot of libertarians just like Breixt , his prorogue parliament and other two fingers in the air moments , not sure why were are so fixated if he stays were told by the polls Sir Kier is next PM ??

I listened to PMQ's most weeks and it it becoming groundhog day on both sides Labour are becoming very one tracked on this issue and folk will be turned off .
    Honest question for you, life on mars: Have you ever actually tried to not mention Labour when discussing Tory sleaze/corruption etc on this messageboard?

From what I've seen of your posts, you have literally brought up Labour every time you have talked about the endless Tory scandals. It's impressive in its "whataboutery".

Your last post for example exonerates Boris Johnson as his alleged illegal activities and refusal to acknowledge them appeals to "libertarians" and that Labour need to move on as people aren't interested in what's happening. You also say that it doesn't matter if Boris Johnson doesn't resign/is removed as Labour are leading in the polls anyway.

I'm not sure how that makes any sense as that would still mean another 2 years of Boris Johnson as PM, even if Labour win the next GE.

"Labour are becoming very one tracked on this issue and folk will be turned off" is very much toeing with the party line, isn't it?

They are the words of someone who doesn't want there to be any consequences for the Govt. who have frequently broken the rules and laws they've set for the rest of the population during a global pandemic.

Unfortunately for you; the media and, it appears, a large proportion of the general population in the UK think differently to you and want Labour and other parties to keep the pressure on Boris Johnson until he resigns or is removed.

Anyway, the next time there's a scandal involving the Tories (probably sometime tomorrow), see if you can resist bringing Labour into the equation and commenting on the merits of the story itself - not why Labour are doing something wrong or have done something wrong in the past.