+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bojo will be gone in 1 week

Re: Bojo will be gone in 1 week

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He won’t be gone for quite a few weeks, at least, it seems. The man who was hailed as some sort of working class hero in 2019 for leading a revolt of the common man woman, as well as “masterminding” the Brexit triumph is partaking in an establishment stitch up to try and save his job.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60166997
    Brexit: Tory brainwashing of the masses. Give them credit, they've succeeded.

He won’t be gone for quite a few weeks, at least, it seems. The man who was hailed as some sort of working class hero in 2019 for leading a revolt of the common man woman, as well as “masterminding” the Brexit triumph is partaking in an establishment stitch up to try and save his job.

Watching PMQ on Wednesday I sensed the tide had turned. The greased piglet (Cameron's words) will get away with this. I despair.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Watching PMQ on Wednesday I sensed the tide had turned. The greased piglet (Cameron's words) will get away with this. I despair.
    Take solace that politicians like Johnson will always be on the wrong side of history and be ridiculed. I won't be surprised to see him behind bars in the future. It'll all catch up with him one of these days.

For the record, I stopped watching or listening to the BBC over ten years ago and don't miss it. The only time I watch any TV is if there's live sport I want to watch. Everything is streamed on-demand now. Haven't bothered with QT or PMQs or any of it for that long. Bliss.

What's the saying? There's no honour amongst thieves?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Take solace that politicians like Johnson will always be on the wrong side of history and be ridiculed. I won't be surprised to see him behind bars in the future. It'll all catch up with him one of these days.

For the record, I stopped watching or listening to the BBC over ten years ago and don't miss it. The only time I watch any TV is if there's live sport I want to watch. Everything is streamed on-demand now. Haven't bothered with QT or PMQs or any of it for that long. Bliss.
    For most of my life I have only ever taken a passing interest in politics. Brexit and retirement changed all that .

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    For most of my life I have only ever taken a passing interest in politics. Brexit and retirement changed all that .
    For me, it's been environmental politics, conservation, and activism for the last 3 decades and there aren't enough emojis on the planet to describe how depressing that is. These days I advocate and am an activist for disability rights too which is also political as our governments can't be trusted on those issues either. As for Brexit, it's made my life far more difficult, expensive, and complicated. But hey, those blue passports are world-beating.

Surprised today’s events in Parliament have not had a single message posted on here. I gave it a miss because I thought it would be an establishment stitch up, but, watching Channel 4 news, it doesn’t seem to have gone to plan for Johnson - Theresa May and Andrew Mitchell put the boot into the PM and a very annoyed member of the 2019 intake of new Tory MPs asked if Johnson thought he was a fool after he spoke of how he had followed the rules to the letter at a funeral he attended - an angry Ruth Davidson was fighting back the tears as she was interviewed about the situation just now.

Surprised today’s events in Parliament have not had a single message posted on here. I gave it a miss because I thought it would be an establishment stitch up, but, watching Channel 4 news, it doesn’t seem to have gone to plan for Johnson - Theresa May and Andrew Mitchell put the boot into the PM and a very annoyed member of the 2019 intake of new Tory MPs asked if Johnson thought he was a fool after he spoke of how he had followed the rules to the letter at a funeral he attended - an angry Ruth Davidson was fighting back the tears as she was interviewed about the situation just now.
    I was off work and watched a lot of it. It wasn't all one way traffic but at least half of the Conservative MPs that spoke or asked questions were critical. That was probably more powerful and damaging than anything the opposition did tbh. You cant survive long term like that

I just want to find a quiet room and lie down!

I'd love to know what his next pitch Is , if any man needed a war now, its him

I think it'll be death by a thousand cuts and that will be the worst possible outcome for the Tories. Bloody great 👍

well i thought Keir Starmer was brilliant in his speech yesterday in the house of commons and for Bojo to bring up the jimmy saville case was disgusting to me a man born of frustration and lies

Sadly this is exactly what the Tories are hoping for from Joe Public at large....that we will get “Partygate fatigue” and the whole affair slipping quietly out of the headlines. The Met Police investigation is clearly not going to completed as quickly as the Gray report was and probably some individuals will be fined. Then Boris Johnston can instigate his new guidelines as to how No.10 will be run and then he can get on with tackling those issues that the "British people are really concerned about". Job done – Teflon P.M. wins again!

What a stroke of luck for him yet again in that neither Labour or Lib Dems are fielding candidates in the Southend by-election!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Sadly this is exactly what the Tories are hoping for from Joe Public at large....that we will get “Partygate fatigue” and the whole affair slipping quietly out of the headlines. The Met Police investigation is clearly not going to completed as quickly as the Gray report was and probably some individuals will be fined. Then Boris Johnston can instigate his new guidelines as to how No.10 will be run and then he can get on with tackling those issues that the "British people are really concerned about". Job done – Teflon P.M. wins again!

What a stroke of luck for him yet again in that neither Labour or Lib Dems are fielding candidates in the Southend by-election!
    actually I think that the best thing for labour is if Johnson clings on to power for now, but some later gaffe drags him down much closer to the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    actually I think that the best thing for labour is if Johnson clings on to power for now, but some later gaffe drags him down much closer to the next election.
    The word on the streets is that our friend Dom Cummings has more interesting tit bits which he is planning to drip feed strategically into the public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

I think "The Tories" are hoping more than most that Boris Johnson resigns!

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    well i thought Keir Starmer was brilliant in his speech yesterday in the house of commons and for Bojo to bring up the jimmy saville case was disgusting to me a man born of frustration and lies
    Accusing the Labour front bench of drug-taking was quite something too, although the Labour question that prompted that response was bizarre too.

Thing about Johnson is that the more he denies misleading, the more he misleads. There's the Saville thing, but also his constant reference to UK having the fastest G7 economic growth. It completely depends on the period you look at. For the last calendar year this is true (partly down to recovery from the low point reached after the early part of the pandemic) but it is some way off the mark for the period of the whole pandemic or for the last quarter.

Agree with posts above that it's probably better for Labour that he stays - Davies's death by a thousand cuts - and it seems likely that Cummings has a few more hand grenades. On the other hand, I'm worried about the further damage he will do, domestically and internationally. It terrifies me (thinking back to his time as foreign secretary) that he is currently in Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I was off work and watched a lot of it. It wasn't all one way traffic but at least half of the Conservative MPs that spoke or asked questions were critical. That was probably more powerful and damaging than anything the opposition did tbh. You cant survive long term like that
    I agree, but I’d also say Mozzer was right in that Starmer pitched his speech well - Johnson’s Jimmy Saville jibe did not go down well with many Conservative MPs, he sounded rattled to me.

I agree, but I’d also say Mozzer was right in that Starmer pitched his speech well - Johnson’s Jimmy Saville jibe did not go down well with many Conservative MPs, he sounded rattled to me.
    I agree.

I normally really enjoy listening to parliament (tragic, I know..) but am finding it all pretty ugly at the moment.

It seems Johnson has lost the One Nation group of Tories and it's unlikely they will ever back him again. He looks like losing the bulk of the Red Wall intake and drip by drip some Brexiteers are disowning him too.

I predict that if he hangs about too long this might be the catalyst to produce a Tory break up. The internal tensions cannot prevail without causing catastrophic damage to the party and I can't see that being allowed to happen.

A new Progressive Party replete with a sprinkling of Lib Dems and Labour's centrist element could be the tonic the country needs in these troubled times.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'd love to know what his next pitch Is , if any man needed a war now, its him
    Watch out Russia, we're coming for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It seems Johnson has lost the One Nation group of Tories and it's unlikely they will ever back him again. He looks like losing the bulk of the Red Wall intake and drip by drip some Brexiteers are disowning him too.

I predict that if he hangs about too long this might be the catalyst to produce a Tory break up. The internal tensions cannot prevail without causing catastrophic damage to the party and I can't see that being allowed to happen.

A new Progressive Party replete with a sprinkling of Lib Dems and Labour's centrist element could be the tonic the country needs in these troubled times.
    I know he has no vote now but William Hague is very critical in the Times today as well

He has gone .

Onto a big aeroplane today.

Close the border .

The Times is my go to radio station and many Tories have had thier view including the dark Lord Graham Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I know he has no vote now but William Hague is very critical in the Times today as well
    Yes I read that and I think he still carries some weight, particularly with the grandees.

I'm also getting the feeling the schmuck's puerile attack on Starmer yesterday was ill judged and will backfire against him. I notice a number of Tories are very unhappy about it

Still, whatever happens he'll always have Michael Fabricant and Nadine Dorries to slobber all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Watch out Russia, we're coming for you.
    As Tony Soprano would say "don't f*ck with the Russians". Napolean, Hitler, Johnson. It won't end well.

Edit: Oh, and Truss!