+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Bojo will be gone in 1 week

Re: Bojo will be gone in 1 week

It's pretty quiet on the politics board so I don't think a long cut-and-paste post is out of order. I was reading some BTL comments re. Johnson in The Guardian and someone highlighted Mark Twain's quote "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything". This then prompted someone to say that Twain was referring to 'normal lying' and that Johnathon Swift wrote any essay about political lying published in the Tory Paper - The Examiner - in 1710. Here it is:

There is one essential point wherein a political liar differs from others of the faculty, that he ought to have but a short memory, which is necessary, according to the various occasions he meets with every hour of differing from himself, and swearing to both sides of a contradiction, as he finds the persons disposed with whom he hath to deal. In describing the virtues and vices of mankind, it is convenient, upon every article, to have some eminent person in our eye, from whom we copy our description. I have strictly observed this rule, and my imagination this minute represents before me a certain great man famous for this talent, to the constant practice of which he owes his twenty years’ reputation of the most skilful head in England, for the management of nice affairs. The superiority of his genius consists in nothing else but an inexhaustible fund of political lies, which he plentifully distributes every minute he speaks, and by an unparalleled generosity forgets, and consequently contradicts, the next half hour. He never yet considered whether any proposition were true or false, but whether it were convenient for the present minute or company to affirm or deny it; so that if you think fit to refine upon him, by interpreting everything he says, as we do dreams, by the contrary, you are still to seek, and will find yourself equally deceived whether you believe or not: the only remedy is to suppose, that you have heard some inarticulate sounds, without any meaning at all; and besides, that will take off the horror you might be apt to conceive at the oaths, wherewith he perpetually tags both ends of every proposition; although, at the same time, I think he cannot with any justice be taxed with perjury, when he invokes God and Christ, because he hath often fairly given public notice to the world that he believes in neither.

Some people may think, that such an accomplishment as this can be of no great use to the owner, or his party, after it has been often practised, and is become notorious; but they are widely mistaken. Few lies carry the inventor’s mark, and the most prostitute enemy to truth may spread a thousand, without being known for the author: besides, as the vilest writer hath his readers, so the greatest liar hath his believers: and it often happens, that if a lie be believed only for an hour, it hath done its work, and there is no further occasion for it. Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.

Does this remind you of anyone?

£8.7bn of losses, yes that’s £8.7bn on £12.1bn of PPE bought in 2020/21. Reported and published in the Department of Health and Social Care’s annual report yesterday.

Yes but Johnson got all the calls right.

The waster should go just for this

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    As Tony Soprano would say "don't f*ck with the Russians". Napolean, Hitler, Johnson. It won't end well.

Edit: Oh, and Truss!
    The Mujahideen would disagree .

I see a 3rd Tory MP has submitted a letter to the 1922 committee today.

The sooner that magic number of 54 is reached the better

Athough I hope that before the numberis reached whoever puts that last one in has done the numbers and found that a vote of no confidence is likely to succeed, otherwise that is it for a year.

And I hope theywill have identified a suitable future leader. Even though I would guess many on here wantbthe topick a no hoper who would lead nthe to defeat in the next election,the country cannot afford the couple of years of chaos such a choice coule well lead to.

We need someone decent, with integrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I see a 3rd Tory MP has submitted a letter to the 1922 committee today.

The sooner that magic number of 54 is reached the better

Athough I hope that before the numberis reached whoever puts that last one in has done the numbers and found that a vote of no confidence is likely to succeed, otherwise that is it for a year.

And I hope theywill have identified a suitable future leader. Even though I would guess many on here wantbthe topick a no hoper who would lead nthe to defeat in the next election,the country cannot afford the couple of years of chaos such a choice coule well lead to.

We need someone decent, with integrity.
    That is going to rule out anybody in the cabinet then after the past few weeks, unfortunately I would imagine the bulk of those in the race when it does happen, will come out of that group.

I think some of the cabinet would have resigned if they thought Johnson would lose the VONC tbh. I don't think many Tories will want the optic of 'internal leadership squabbling during crisis', as that will further damage the party.

They might be looking for a cast iron excuse from the Sue Gray or the Met, 'we had no choice but to get rid of him'.

Lynton Crosby returns look out Carrie

Won’t be long now, the knives are sharpening. Can’t wait to see the end of this embarrassing charlatan.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Won’t be long now, the knives are sharpening. Can’t wait to see the end of this embarrassing charlatan.
    Nick Gibb ex Schools minister support of Brexit and Boris in 2019 has now subitted a letter of no confidence

Aaron Bell another tory MP has done the same

Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid now speaking out against his Jimmy Saville remark about Keir Starmer. As is one of Sunak's lieutenants John Glen

And Elena Narozanski who worked for Munira Mirza Boris's long term advisor and ally who resigned over the Jimmy Saville remarks yesterday has also gone.

The trickle is in danger of becoming a flood

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Nick Gibb ex Schools minister support of Brexit and Boris in 2019 has now subitted a letter of no confidence

Aaron Bell another tory MP has done the same

Rishi Sunak and Sajid Javid now speaking out against his Jimmy Saville remark about Keir Starmer. As is one of Sunak's lieutenants John Glen

And Elena Narozanski who worked for Munira Mirza Boris's long term advisor and ally who resigned over the Jimmy Saville remarks yesterday has also gone.

The trickle is in danger of becoming a flood
    Every day another wound; this will be a mercilessly slow death.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Every day another wound; this will be a mercilessly slow death.
    You get the feeling he’ll have to dragged out of 10 Downing Street mind if it does come to him having to go.

Reports in the Daily Mirror that there is a photo of Johnson drinking a can of lager at his “ambushed by a cake” birthday bash.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You get the feeling he’ll have to dragged out of 10 Downing Street mind if it does come to him having to go.

Reports in the Daily Mirror that there is a photo of Johnson drinking a can of lager at his “ambushed by a cake” birthday bash.
    The other potentially very damaging story I've been waiting to see hit the media is the final verdict on his very dubious involvement with Jennifer Arcuri during his stint as London Mayor.

Surprise surprise, she has since confirmed that they were having an affair during the time her company was awarded financial and other perks by Johnson's office, despite his claim to the contrary.

If that surfaces soon with at the very least a stiff reprimand then I can see more of his support chucking in the towel.

That's indefensible. It's tea with cake.

It turns out that the birthday party that never happened was recorded for posterity by the PM’s official photographer

Bear in mind trump still thinks he won and half the idiots in the GOP still think he's president

The other potentially very damaging story I've been waiting to see hit the media is the final verdict on his very dubious involvement with Jennifer Arcuri during his stint as London Mayor.

Surprise surprise, she has since confirmed that they were having an affair during the time her company was awarded financial and other perks by Johnson's office, despite his claim to the contrary.

If that surfaces soon with at the very least a stiff reprimand then I can see more of his support chucking in the towel.
    Bloody hell , tea ,cake ,beer and hairy pie ,what's politics coming too..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bloody hell , tea ,cake ,beer and hairy pie ,what's politics coming too..
    I think the words you are struggling for are 'arrogant rule-breaking', 'systematic lying' and 'corruption'.

Your regular attempts to deflect and trivialise are Nadine Dorries standard. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think the words you are struggling for are 'arrogant rule-breaking', 'systematic lying' and 'corruption'.

Your regular attempts to deflect and trivialise are Nadine Dorries standard. Not good.
    She is foxy though

She is foxy though
    She needs to treat that single little brain cell with care.

She is foxy though
    She does look like she might carry rabies. Good point you've made there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    She does look like she might carry rabies. Good point you've made there.
    I would have thought the last thing you'd call a 64 year old is foxy! Tired old scrubber perhaps?

Cardiff's own Guto Harri is here to save Johnson, I think? Piissing myself...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ew-press-chief

I would have thought the last thing you'd call a 64 year old is foxy! Tired old scrubber perhaps?
    Now, now, don't let your self down as we are all gods children , I'm sure we would not condone that language from the other side .

Nice photo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadine...ies_crop_2.jpg

Where's Sludge when you need him for his view

Nice photo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadine...ies_crop_2.jpg

Where's Sludge when you need him for his view
    Her parents should have named her Marjorie.