+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quiz question - Fulham and scoring

Quiz question - Fulham and scoring

Fulham have broken a record of scoring 6 goals or more in 3 consecutive games. They've netted 19 in 3 games. Some feat.

What is the greatest number of goals we've scored in 3 consecutive games (not including Welsh cup stuff)?

Re: Quiz question - Fulham and scoring

Stop teasing Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fulham have broken a record of scoring 6 goals or more in 3 consecutive games. They've netted 19 in 3 games. Some feat.

What is the greatest number of goals we've scored in 3 consecutive games (not including Welsh cup stuff)?
    Think we had a good run of scoring sometime in the mid sixties when we beat Middlesbrough 6-1 among others, but i wouldn’t be surprised if the 47/48 title winning side had the record.

think its got something to do with back to back games against liverpool

In February 1932 we scored 17 goals in three consecutive league games - winning 9-2 against Thames Association, 3-2 against Brentford then 5-2 against Exeter City. I haven't checked thoroughly but I reckon that's probably our record.

whats the answer then

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    In February 1932 we scored 17 goals in three consecutive league games - winning 9-2 against Thames Association, 3-2 against Brentford then 5-2 against Exeter City. I haven't checked thoroughly but I reckon that's probably our record.
    Spot on!