+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BBC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BBC

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Wages in the media are simply unreal. When I read that Gary Lineker earns £1.3m a year, for what is basically 90 minutes once a week, it's not that I don't believe it - it's that I can't see how they can justify it. And Zoe Ball is apparently on a similar amount, yet her radio show has been losing listeners since the day she took over. But at least she works five days a week.
    It is quite incredible and they pay way above other TV operators

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Might want to check your workings on that. Ant and Dec are on £3.3m just for I'm A Celebrity according to reports - a three year golden handcuffs deal worth £40m.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Might want to check your workings on that. Ant and Dec are on £3.3m just for I'm A Celebrity according to reports - a three year golden handcuffs deal worth £40m.
    it

Those two may well be earning very big bucks but I'm guessing that particular wage is a stand out on a private media company and paid by the revenue not the taxpayer , you need to consider all of the BBC labilities , from property , backroom , buildings facility contracts ,new builds , etc etc it dwarfs most private media companies .

£4.0 billion is crazy money, never mind the pension liability its not just about Ant and Dec v 90 minute a week 1.3 million Gary Lineker .

it

Those two may well be earning very big bucks but I'm guessing that particular wage is a stand out on a private media company and paid by the revenue not the taxpayer , you need to consider all of the BBC labilities , from property , backroom , buildings facility contracts ,new builds , etc etc it dwarfs most private media companies .

£4.0 billion is crazy money, never mind the pension liability its not just about Ant and Dec v 90 minute a week 1.3 million Gary Lineker .
    But your post was about salaries of presenters.

Do you know how ITV get the money to pay their salaries/building expenses/and so on? I'll give you a clue, the same pocket that BBC money comes from.

they really don't

Just making stuff up as passing it off as fact as usual then

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Just making stuff up as passing it off as fact as usual then
    https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b0a03aba868b4f

Exactly, still a good wedge but nowhere near "way above other TV operators"

And it goes down the line, BBC pays crew less than independent companies as well.

Just completely making stuff up

First Team

No they don't. You're peddling untruths.

For example, Tony Romo reputedly gets $18M a year from CBS. What Lineker gets is a drop in the bucket in comparison.