Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I’m very much a creature of habit when it comes to breakfast, it’s kippers on Sunday and porridge every other day of the week and, ideally, it has to be Tesco’s Organic Porridge which I discovered about ten years ago. Being organic, it’s always been that bit more expensive, but at £1.30 when I first came across it, it hardly broke the bank. Down the years, it went up 10p a time every now and then and was £1.60 when I bought a couple of bags just before Christmas, so I did a double take yesterday when I went to buy some more and found it had gone up to £2! Are the Russians stockpiling oats as well as gas I ask myself, how else can a swingeing 25 per cent rise be justified, or is it a sign of things to come? I’m used to seeing the total cost of my weekly shop at Aldi going up, but that’s a slow, gradual climb - I’m not aware of anything else rising at 25 per cent a time, so I wonder if it’s just a one off or can we start to expect the same on other products?
A few stupid questions cos that's what I am

Who confirms there is a shortage of x - is it just an excuse to rsue prices

Why doesn't nothing happen when it is found.out to be a con e.g. Petrol. A couple of weeks ago prices should have or could have come down by about 12p but went up by 2p - nothing happened except the companies say they bought it when the prices were higher yet when prices go up they go up as an immediate response

Does anybody seriously think that prices will ever return if there is a glut of a product

Does anybody think anyone in Westminster gives a hoot - we must never find ourselves with anyone in power with that much of a majority

Just my musings.....