+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Gov Legal Challenge Covid

Welsh Gov Legal Challenge Covid

A legal challenge is to be launched against the Welsh Government over its mandatory Covid pass policy.

Civil liberties campaign group Big Brother Watch is seeking a judicial review of the scheme, which it has said is “draconian, discriminatory and pointless”.

The Welsh Government introduced the NHS Covid Pass in October 2021, which requires people to prove they are either vaccinated or have had a negative lateral flow test so they can attend large events or venues.

Re: Welsh Gov Legal Challenge Covid

I'm old enough to remember when an argument for vaccine passports was to stop the spread and protect other people.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    A legal challenge is to be launched against the Welsh Government over its mandatory Covid pass policy.

Civil liberties campaign group Big Brother Watch is seeking a judicial review of the scheme, which it has said is “draconian, discriminatory and pointless”.

The Welsh Government introduced the NHS Covid Pass in October 2021, which requires people to prove they are either vaccinated or have had a negative lateral flow test so they can attend large events or venues.
    Another unattributed LoM copy and paste job. Source: https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...-covid-passes/

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Another unattributed LoM copy and paste job. Source: https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/ne...-covid-passes/
    It had to be a source. LOM's Grandma is perfect in it.

Big Brother Watch is a Tufton Street group founded by Matthew Elliott and therefore probably funded by rich, foreign libertarians, like the Taxpayers Alliance.
    Hopefully the judge will throw their case out.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Big Brother Watch is a Tufton Street group founded by Matthew Elliott and therefore probably funded by rich, foreign libertarians, like the Taxpayers Alliance.
    Hopefully the judge will throw their case out.
    Irrespective of your thoughts on the group, surely no one particularly welcomes endless restrictions and requirements merely to enter s nightclub?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Irrespective of your thoughts on the group, surely no one particularly welcomes endless restrictions and requirements merely to enter s nightclub?
    I know of people who are happier going out if they know people have to show they've been vaccinated.

Who says they're going to be endless?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I know of people who are happier going out if they know people have to show they've been vaccinated.
    Doesn't the vaccine effectiveness at preventing infection wear off pretty quickly with Omicron?

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Who says they're going to be endless?
    Well I suppose thats my point; you seem to object to them ending? But I suppose you just want them to end at some later date? fair enough.

I'm keen for Wales to end all restrictions alongside England now.

Well I suppose thats my point; you seem to object to them ending? But I suppose you just want them to end at some later date? fair enough.

A bit premature in my opinion on the masks

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Doesn't the vaccine effectiveness at preventing infection wear off pretty quickly with Omicron?
    No. Another baseless rumour.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    A bit premature in my opinion on the masks
    I certainly see your point on that. I have no issue if individual train companies or shops request it and then its up to individuals to make their minds up on it. I dont think the government need to compel it.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    No. Another baseless rumour.
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00079-6

Are you sure? I was specifically referring to protection against infection, but not severe illness and hospitalisation.

We didn't get rid of all the restrictions last summer when cases were low and most people were double jabbed, so don't hold your breath.

I certainly see your point on that. I have no issue if individual train companies or shops request it and then its up to individuals to make their minds up on it. I dont think the government need to compel it.
    Quite right. It should be a matter of individual choice whether someone wants to go around infecting other people - or not.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Quite right. It should be a matter of individual choice whether someone wants to go around infecting other people - or not.
    If you want to be cooped up forever for fear of having an ailment passed onto you, then thats your choice. You can chooce to not leave the house.

Equally, it is not anything new that vulnerable people should be protected. An elderly relative should not be visited with a cold or cough, or flu whether its pre covid or not.

It is time to get back to that and end the mental and physical health problems caused by all the restrictions.

As I said, feel free to stay in the house if you so wish.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We didn't get rid of all the restrictions last summer when cases were low and most people were double jabbed, so don't hold your breath.
    Yep, I fully expect some restrictions to stay but for the infuriating WFH one to remain for longer.

Yep, I fully expect some restrictions to stay but for the infuriating WFH one to remain for longer.
    WFH is great. I work in an office with people who range from 17 to 70 and I don't think there is anyone who doesn't want to continue with some degree of WFH permanently from now on.

The general consensus is somewhere between 2 or 3 days a week in the office is fine.
    There are so many advantages

I get a bus once a week. (Used to be a regular service but thanks to Brexit there is now a limited service.)

A lot of the passengers are elderly. Sorry I think its irresponsible and selfish demanding all restrictions are lifted. Mask wearing on public transport needs to remain at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    WFH is great. I work in an office with people who range from 17 to 70 and I don't think there is anyone who doesn't want to continue with some degree of WFH permanently from now on.

The general consensus is somewhere between 2 or 3 days a week in the office is fine.
    There are so many advantages
    We've had this discussion a few times on CCMB and there's definitely pros and cons and I dont disagree with you, although I am generally very pro-communal working.

The problem at the moment is that the advice is 100% WFH.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I get a bus once a week. (Used to be a regular service but thanks to Brexit there is now a limited service.)

A lot of the passengers are elderly. Sorry I think its irresponsible and selfish demanding all restrictions are lifted. Mask wearing on public transport needs to remain at the moment.

Why would the bus service be cut because of Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Why would the bus service be cut because of Brexit?
    The drivers have been thrown out of the country - or rather left before they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The drivers have been thrown out of the country - or rather left before they were.

It would appear to be a combination of things according to this Cardiff based company:-

https://nation.cymru/news/welsh-bus-...pandemic-bite/