+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacuna out of contract in summer - WOL

Bacuna out of contract in summer - WOL

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-list-22794841

I'm sure he had another year left but, they say otherwise. Given their accuracy on transfers this window, I might take this one with a large pinch of salt.

Re: Bacuna out of contract in summer - WOL

However:
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-is-a-bluebird
    The 27-year-old has signed a deal with City that will run until the summer of 2022.

transfermarkt thinks jun 2023, but that isn't always accurate

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    However:
    The 27-year-old has signed a deal with City that will run until the summer of 2022.
    Phew thank god for that .

I am so shocked a player who is only 27 years of age shows such a poor approach to his game , all you want is effort ,at times he looks like he is in his mid 30's in terms of movement around the pitch .

Ged rid off .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47071577

the BBC were reporting 4.5 year deal at the time, which was 3 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-list-22794841

I'm sure he had another year left but, they say otherwise. Given their accuracy on transfers this window, I might take this one with a large pinch of salt.
    I think I’d believe it because it does address the reported four year contract point and seeks to correct it - so the Ralls/Pack/Vaulks/Bacuna axis which has been the subject of much comment from fans, most of it negative, over the past three seasons could disappear completely this year. There have to be serious questions as to whether at least three of them will be offered a new deal and then who’s to say any of them would accept what will almost certainly be reduced terms anyway?

Strange one.

https://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...a-from-reading

But Sky were reporting 3.5 years

If he is out of contract in the summer then we have

Wintle

then there's Sang and Bowen, who could be OK but have barely played at this level.

Then there are other youngsters who have played even less.

Am I missing anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think I’d believe it because it does address the reported four year contract point and seeks to correct it - so the Ralls/Pack/Vaulks/Bacuna axis which has been the subject of much comment from fans, most of it negative, over the past three seasons could disappear completely this year. There have to be serious questions as to whether at least three of them will be offered a new deal and then who’s to say any of them would accept what will almost certainly be reduced terms anyway?
    I would keep Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would keep Ralls
    Me too and I hope the club makes every effort to do so. The others can go with pleasure.

Could be a great opportunity for whoever is manager to get the squad playing how he wants, provided of course there is some sort of budget, however modest.

I suppose results will dictate whether it is seen this way or a disaster that we are left with a far smaller squad initially.

Ideally it would be the perfect time to invest in the squad. I'm fully aware though that this may not be possible. It's also of course a fantastic chance for the younger lads to continue to get minutes that they otherwise wouldn't have had.

Will be interesting to see the squad we start with in August. Hopefully at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Me too and I hope the club makes every effort to do so. The others can go with pleasure.
    Agree, he has done well for us over the years, probably going to prove important to keep some sort of experience in the squad, experience of the club also.

I'm indifferent to most players being moved on but him and I think Morrison (is it two R's?) I think I'd like to see stay on.

I don't think any of them will be though, I'd have thought such contracts would be sorted by now.

Maybe it's a 3.5 contract with a trigger clause?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe it's a 3.5 contract with a trigger clause?
    I've not heard this.

Fingers crossed. Be interesting to see where Bacuna ends up next, doubt he’ll find too many suckers willing to offer him a fraction of the contract James Warnock’s USM got from fooling the Transfer Commitee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    This every day of the week and twice on Sunday

Please please sort Ralls out and let the others go

Someone's just posted this on twitter:
    "Curaçao international Leandro Bacuna has today joined the Bluebirds from Reading for an undisclosed fee, subject to international clearance.

The 27-year-old has signed a deal with City that will run until the summer of 2022."

Give him another 4.5 year deal. He deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Neil? is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    True. He's been a loyal servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I would keep Ralls
    So would I, but I wonder if he’ll agree to the wage cut he’s already been offered or is going to be offered?

Im sure Ralls will get offers from other Championship clubs.

We should offer him a deal. I doubt ours will be the best offer but if its reasonable he may prefer to stay with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im sure Ralls will get offers from other Championship clubs.

We should offer him a deal. I doubt ours will be the best offer but if its reasonable he may prefer to stay with us.
    I would imagine Ralls has been offered a deal, but I'm guessing it's not a great one. I think almost any club at this level would be interested in taking him - maybe he feels he can get a better offer elsewhere, or after 10 years at the club perhaps he feels like he wants / needs a new challenge.

If that's true about Bacuna mind, that's the best news I've heard all window. In terms of the fee paid and the contract given for a player with little to no resale value, he has to be one of the worst signings the club has ever made.

Article also says he signed from villa.

Surely if a number of players are going we'd be able to offer Ralls a decent contract?