+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bacuna out of contract in summer - WOL

Re: Bacuna out of contract in summer - WOL

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Surely if a number of players are going we'd be able to offer Ralls a decent contract?
    but we also have to sign a number of players

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    but we also have to sign a number of players
    Presumably they'd be on less than what the out of contract players are on though? There ought to be some room to manoeuvre if we only keep Ralls

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Presumably they'd be on less than what the out of contract players are on though? There ought to be some room to manoeuvre if we only keep Ralls
    Yes, we also have a lot less money floating around since those days. It depends how much of a reduction he's prepared to take.

Perhaps the reason that the contract situation hasn’t been sorted for any players is due to our league position.
    - we don’t know which league we’ll be in
    - the club wants to ensure that the players are trying their best to help with results and hence (maybe) get an extension.

It is of course totally possible WOL have got it wrong but good news if we can remove Bacuna’s wages from the payroll. Might also explain some of his half hearted performances knowing there’s no way he’ll get a renewed contract

They also say we signed him from Villa which isn’t true.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    I would imagine Ralls has been offered a deal, but I'm guessing it's not a great one. I think almost any club at this level would be interested in taking him - maybe he feels he can get a better offer elsewhere, or after 10 years at the club perhaps he feels like he wants / needs a new challenge.

If that's true about Bacuna mind, that's the best news I've heard all window. In terms of the fee paid and the contract given for a player with little to no resale value, he has to be one of the worst signings the club has ever made.
    He's asked for a lot of money to stay, the club won't offer anywhere near what he's asked for. He'll either accept the reduced terms or maybe sign a pre-contract shortly for another club.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Perhaps the reason that the contract situation hasn’t been sorted for any players is due to our league position.
    - we don’t know which league we’ll be in
    - the club wants to ensure that the players are trying their best to help with results and hence (maybe) get an extension.
    We also don't know who the manager is going to be, what style of football we are going to play, when ideally we should be getting on with looking at the signings for the summer now

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    He's asked for a lot of money to stay, the club won't offer anywhere near what he's asked for. He'll either accept the reduced terms or maybe sign a pre-contract shortly for another club.
    I thought you could only sign a pre contract abroad. So he couldn’t sign for someone in England until his contract expired.

Shame if true but can’t blame him. He’s a good player, probably got stale here and wouldn’t struggle to get another club.

Someone cleverer than me has spotted this:
    https://web.archive.org/web/20210516...-is-a-bluebird

As of May 2021, the club website said he was contracted until 2023. It has now been changed to 2022.

The whole thing seems really, really odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

As of May 2021, the club website said he was contracted until 2023. It has now been changed to 2022.

I wonder if the club or even the player had the option of an extra year and one has declined it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I wonder if the club or even the player had the option of an extra year and one has declined it.
    But why go through the hassle of changing the website from years ago. I mean, let's be honest, if the club offered Bacuna the extra year, whoever made that decision should be immediately sacked. I'd be amazed if he's here next season, now.

Presumably Bacuna's contract is for 3.5 years with an option for the club to extend by a year, which we declined last summer, but it was reported as 4.5 years when he signed because someone thought it sounded better?

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I very much doubt that Bacuna declined an extension of his current contract.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Presumably Bacuna's contract is for 3.5 years with an option for the club to extend by a year, which we declined last summer, but it was reported as 4.5 years when he signed because someone thought it sounded better?
    I remember the entire message board went into absolute meltdown when he signed a 4.5 year deal, and it didn't get better when someone pointed out his agent was the same company that employs Warnock's kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert View Post
    Fingers crossed. Be interesting to see where Bacuna ends up next, doubt he’ll find too many suckers willing to offer him a fraction of the contract James Warnock’s USM got from fooling the Transfer Commitee.
    We're talking here of a player who has played right back, central midfield and as a number 10, excelling in none and not being able to hold down a regular place in the team. A very poor signing.

But why go through the hassle of changing the website from years ago. I mean, let's be honest, if the club offered Bacuna the extra year, whoever made that decision should be immediately sacked. I'd be amazed if he's here next season, now.
    It’s more than a little dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    Where have you got this from.?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Maybe it's a 3.5 contract with a trigger clause?
    He is grim but I think shooting him is a touch drastic.

Everyone says he's been poor yet he's reached 110 league games for us under 3 different managers.
    Surely the worst signing ever (as one post stated) would get nowhere near 3 figures in appearances?!?
    What have the managers seen that we have missed as fans?

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Everyone says he's been poor yet he's reached 110 league games for us under 3 different managers.
    Surely the worst signing ever (as one post stated) would get nowhere near 3 figures in appearances?!?
    I don’t think he is as bad as some say but the constant changing of position won’t have helped. A right back no, a number 10 no. Oddly I think he could have played as a right wing back but I don’t think it’s ever been tried. Also lack of options and being stuck with a big earner probably meant managers kept trying him.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    Bacuna was decent enough as a central midfielder in his first 1.5 seasons with us. Harris started the rot by consistently playing him out of position at right-back and McCarthy finished the job by using him as an attacking midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Article also says he signed from villa.
    Difficult to get him confused with Whittingham

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Bacuna was decent enough as a central midfielder in his first 1.5 seasons with us. Harris started the rot by consistently playing him out of position at right-back and McCarthy finished the job by using him as an attacking midfielder.
    No he wasn't. He was garbage in the PL but Warnock had to play him to justify the money he'd spunked up on him. He offered little in his first Championship season and statistically created and tackled less than everyone else in centre midfield. His passing has always been below average, even in a shit midfield like ours.