+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales Playoff Tickets

Wales Playoff Tickets

Re: Wales Playoff Tickets

Clever...so you have to gamble and buy a ticket for the second game even though it could be the mother of all dead rubbers.

Indeed. A right pig in a poke.

I assume they will have to refund the 2nd game if Wales don’t win the first

Quote Originally Posted by Disco Des View Post
    Clever...so you have to gamble and buy a ticket for the second game even though it could be the mother of all dead rubbers.
    I'm confused, surely any second game either happens (and is massive) or doesn't take place at all, cos Wales lost?

Moaners out in force again. There is only 4 days between the two games and two of those are a weekend, so they obviously need to be pro-active somehow.

Also, makes it easier for someone wishing to purchase both. If you just want to purchase one then just purchase the game you know is definitely going ahead

If the 2nd game doesn’t take place then there will
    obviously be a refund. They can’t keep the money for an event that doesn’t take place.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm confused, surely any second game either happens (and is massive) or doesn't take place at all, cos Wales lost?
    Losers play each other

There's only 5 days between semi final and final so it makes sense to do it this way.
    I assume refunds would be in order if Wales don't qualify.
    There would be chaos if they were trying to organise it the day after the semi final as there would only be 4 days until the final.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Moaners out in force again.
    Says the eternal optimist

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Moaners out in force again. There is only 4 days between the two games and two of those are a weekend, so they obviously need to be pro-active somehow.

Also, makes it easier for someone wishing to purchase both. If you just want to purchase one then just purchase the game you know is definitely going ahead

If the 2nd game doesn’t take place then there will
    obviously be a refund. They can’t keep the money for an event that doesn’t take place.
    https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co....endly-25625305

"...the four nations in our play-off path have agreed that the two losing semi-finalists will play each other in a friendly."

"The problem is that Scotland - like all other UEFA nations - are contracted to play 10 matches per year for television purposes so they would have to play a game on the 29th anyway - or choose another date which might be tricky given the congested calendar."

The prices have increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Pillock View Post

"...the four nations in our play-off path have agreed that the two losing semi-finalists will play each other in a friendly."

"The problem is that Scotland - like all other UEFA nations - are contracted to play 10 matches per year for television purposes so they would have to play a game on the 29th anyway - or choose another date which might be tricky given the congested calendar."
    So there you are, if you decide to purchase the 2nd ticket and not wait for the outcome of the 1st you’ll get to watch a football match, albeit a friendly.

Unless I’m missing something the FAW are not making people buy BOTH tickets as a combined package.

From the FAW link -

'Scotland and Ukraine meet in the other semi-final and depending on the results from both matches, Cymru will also play home against one of those teams on 29 March at Cardiff City Stadium.'

So it's either the final or a friendly on the 29th

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Pillock View Post

F**k me, that would be shit. Imagine Wales v Ukraine in a friendly just days after being knocked out of the world cup qualifiers.

What a pointless game - can see what the poster meant by 'dead rubber' now. Had no idea that was the plan.

Wont happen of course

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The prices have increased.
    Still very reasonable though

So you have to buy tickets for both games? Not sure will sell out?

Lots of logic in doing it this way.
    As the games are so close together.
    A fixture needs to be fulfilled regardless it seems - shame it couldn’t be credit towards the nations league match if we lost the semi.

That dead rubber would be a horrendous occasion.

But the FAW need to cash in whilst their stock is high and they will shift the lot no doubt and why wouldn’t they back themselves on the pitch.

£2 booking fee and £2 transaction fee per ticket is a pisstake isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Losers play each other
    What?!! Why?!

Absolutely NO ONE will want to go to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    What?!! Why?!

Absolutely NO ONE will want to go to that!
    Cos they’ve got to play a certain number of games a year and they want to make some money.

So am I right in thinking if I buy a red wall membership for £15 I’ll have a much better chance of having tickets for me and my son? Hasn’t been something I’ve considered before even the Belgium game was easy to get tickets for. Price of it will probably even out as otherwise probably only be the dearest tickets left?

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    So am I right in thinking if I buy a red wall membership for £15 I’ll have a much better chance of having tickets for me and my son? Hasn’t been something I’ve considered before even the Belgium game was easy to get tickets for. Price of it will probably even out as otherwise probably only be the dearest tickets left?
    There’s a caveat about needing to be a red wall member before the draw was made to have access to the earlier tickets. Unless you’ve been a member before.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Says the eternal optimist
    And completely wrong 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    There's the potential for 16.5k tickets to be sold at stage1. If you buy membership and have previous purchase history (which you seem to have) then you will be able to buy in stage 2 (~13-14k available). If that doesn't sell out then you're at the mercy of the gods with general sale (if there's any left)

so ive purchased all my daughters tickets through my account, but I can only buy 2 tickets on my account ( if I become a red wall member )