+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: BRISTOL CITY 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: BRISTOL CITY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I feel the same way. The defending is awful though.
    They can't play, that much is obvious and there is no link up with midfield. Morison may well be changing things for the better, but that area between the midfield and the defence is party central for the opposition, they can do what they like because we don't have the players who can control that area. He needs to try something else, maybe go to a flat back 4 and get rid of the wing backs, City 123 has been banging on about for quite a while and i think that he could be right.

Re: FT: BRISTOL CITY 3 - 2 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    see i keep on saying... pack wouldnt make it into my fifa reserves never mind this
    If its Squad Battles you could stick him in goal, even he couldn't do any real damage in that format!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They can't play, that much is obvious and there is no link up with midfield. Morison may well be changing things for the better, but that area between the midfield and the defence is party central for the opposition, they can do what they like because we don't have the players who can control that area. He needs to try something else, maybe go to a flat back 4 and get rid of the wing backs, City 123 has been banging on about for quite a while and i think that he could be right.
    City123 is spot on imo. Also, to pick up on something I raised last week and that is I'm worried that he's damaging the younger players now. I don't know where Colwill is but the 70th (ish) subbing-on of a player like Isaak Davies is not helping the lad. He's a player who needs minutes and to be allowed the freedom to play his game. Coming on when we're losing all the time isn't his game. He needs to be attacking from the off and today we needed that audacity upfront because I think in the first 10-15 minutes they were on the back foot. Two early subs rattled them too. Their goalkeeper was/is awful but we didn't spook him. Lame all around and this is where Morison is weak and naive in my view.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I'd expect sky and all their money to be able offer replays via the red button. This is a poor effort
    Agreed.
    Red button "service" has always been crap.
    Can't even use tour own pause/rewind.
    And the commentator is usually third-rate.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate that for that to happen, full production crews would be required rather than the skeleton crews used to film basic coverage to glean highlights for later on. That would increase costs.
    Yet there are more cameras and crew there - the highlights show different angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    City123 is spot on imo. Also, to pick up on something I raised last week and that is I'm worried that he's damaging the younger players now. I don't know where Colwill is but the 70th (ish) subbing-on of a player like Isaak Davies is not helping the lad. He's a player who needs minutes and to be allowed the freedom to play his game. Coming on when we're losing all the time isn't his game. He needs to be attacking from the off and today we needed that audacity upfront because I think in the first 10-15 minutes they were on the back foot. Two early subs rattled them too. Their goalkeeper was/is awful but we didn't spook him. Lame all around and this is where Morison is weak and naive in my view.
    Davies/Colwill need a run of games if they're ever to get settled and show us what they can do on a consistent basis. Chopping and changing wont help them in my opinion. Truthfully though, i don't know if either of them will be good enough at this level. but they do need a run of games in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Davies/Colwill need a run of games if they're ever to get settled and show us what they can do on a consistent basis. Chopping and changing wont help them in my opinion. Truthfully though, i don't know if either of them will be good enough at this level. but they do need a run of games in my opinion.
    I think you're being way too diplomatic and easy on me. I think it's just wishful thinking on my part as I'm willing them to do well and succeed. Deep down I think it's a bridge too far and The Championship takes no prisoners. There have been better players who've been spat out and it's not an arena for shrinking violets. That's not meant to be condescending towards any of the lads who're coming through and I agree they need a run of games.

However, I would say this. If anyone has got what it takes then they really need to show it now. Deep down, really deep down, I feel it's grim and heading towards this summer, whether we stay up or not, the changes required are so huge now that I can't think of any club that goes through what we've got ahead of us without a lot of pain. Manager, board, squad, even the match-day experience all need a major overhaul.

Staying in this league has got to be the only focus as it'll dull some of that pain. It has to priority. No time for sentimentality and I'm afraid there's no time for our manager to learn on the job.