+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Andreas Cornelius . . .

Andreas Cornelius . . .

. . . playing in the Turkish Super League now, I see.

That's not upward mobility, right? Or is the Turkish Super League far better than I imagine it to be?

Re: Andreas Cornelius . . .

Cardiff > Copenhagen > Atalanta > Trabzonspur

According to Wikipedia they were second and won the cup in 2019/20. Fourth the year after. Currently well clear at the top and he has one goal in two games.

If they win the title for the first time in 40 years in his first season and he's top scorer, I'd say that's not to be sniffed at.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Currently well clear at the top and he has one goal in two games.
    Not sure where you got that from. He's in fact scored 11 goals in 21 games.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Not sure where you got that from. He's in fact scored 11 goals in 21 games.
    It should say one goal in every two games - I go on to say that he might become top scorer, so I hope it's fairly clear that he has scored more than once!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyscoular View Post
    . . . playing in the Turkish Super League now, I see.

That's not upward mobility, right? Or is the Turkish Super League far better than I imagine it to be?
    I think it's probably a similar standard to the championship

We all would have taken that career.

I see that Federico Macheda is with Panathinaikos in Greece, 4th in the Greek Super League. There’s an article on him in the latest 442.

Population of 80+ million and football is massive there.
    Lots of 40k + stadiums.
    Occasionally a team is in group stages of champions league.
    Lots of big name/champions league players from around the world on high wages.

Its really not a bad place to be playing football. I would definitely say top end of Super Lig is a way better place to be than the bottom end of the Prem. (where he was with us)

I suppose it could be seen as a sideways step from Atalanta and Parma but i still think it’s a good move for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Population of 80+ million and football is massive there.
    Lots of 40k + stadiums.
    Occasionally a team is in group stages of champions league.
    Lots of big name/champions league players from around the world on high wages.

Its really not a bad place to be playing football. I would definitely say top end of Super Lig is a way better place to be than the bottom end of the Prem. (where he was with us)

I suppose it could be seen as a sideways step from Atalanta and Parma but i still think it’s a good move for him.
    The atmosphere in some stadiums is legendary. No shame in playing there at all.

And it's nice and warm there.

Id have him back in a flash

https://youtu.be/P2chVcb6Q1ol
    some decent finishes while he was in Italy.
    imagine him and Kieffer up front with Colwill just behind.
    plenty of height to aim at

It's a good level to be playing at

He's clearly a good footballer, he just became a scapegoat here, you don't play almost 100 games in Ligue 1/Serie A without being decent. He's also consistently in a very good Denmark squad

When we signed him he was 20 and had just scored 18 goals in 32 for Copenhagen, we'd love to sign a player like that now

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    It's a good level to be playing at

He's clearly a good footballer, he just became a scapegoat here, you don't play almost 100 games in Ligue 1/Serie A without being decent. He's also consistently in a very good Denmark squad

When we signed him he was 20 and had just scored 18 goals in 32 for Copenhagen, we'd love to sign a player like that now
    Wasn't the player we needed at the time, and we didn't play to his strengths at all, but you could argue that selling him when we did was as big a mistake as buying him in the first place