+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: You'll sometimes ban a City fan

You'll sometimes ban a City fan

Why do people still do this when the (almost inevitable) outcome is so well documented?

https://www.south-wales.police.uk/ne...anning-orders/

Re: You'll sometimes ban a City fan

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Why do people still do this when the (almost inevitable) outcome is so well documented?

Fuel'd up Drink and drugs would be first guess ,ask a copper or steward

A sure way of avoiding the poor fare on show for a couple of seasons though, it stops the morbid temptation of attending.

Fancy being banned for invading the pitch at a carabao cup match between city and Brighton infront of 3k or whatever it was

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A sure way of avoiding the poor fare on show for a couple of seasons though, it stops the morbid temptation of attending.
    Don't need to be banned to not go - just don't go 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Fancy being banned for invading the pitch at a carabao cup match between city and Brighton infront of 3k or whatever it was
    Fancy being stupid enough to get banned at all regardless of game

Made it a memorable occasion, three separate pitch invasions each one funnier than the last

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Don't need to be banned to not go - just don't go 👍
    Ah but what about the temptation?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Ah but what about the temptation?
    Have some self control man 😂😂

That was my thought. Talk about a hill to die upon...

I didn't go to that game. What was the nature of the pitch invasion?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Made it a memorable occasion, three separate pitch invasions each one funnier than the last
    The only funny one was the 3rd when he crashed into the advertising hoarding. The selfie guy seemed to be on a dare/bet and got quite boring despite his daring and the other one was a standard arms aloft thick egotist. I think he was the 40 year old, which was surprising until I realised it probably isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    That was my thought. Talk about a hill to die upon...

I didn't go to that game. What was the nature of the pitch invasion?
    Bellenditus

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    The only funny one was the 3rd when he crashed into the advertising hoarding. The selfie guy seemed to be on a dare/bet and got quite boring despite his daring and the other one was a standard arms aloft thick egotist. I think he was the 40 year old, which was surprising until I realised it probably isn't.
    I enjoyed the Brighton keeper's complete refusal to acknowledge the first guy, or was it the third guy who tried to shake his hand?

What was shocking was how long it took for any action from the stewards, each seemed to be on the pitch for a good while

I enjoyed the Brighton keeper's complete refusal to acknowledge the first guy, or was it the third guy who tried to shake his hand?

What was shocking was how long it took for any action from the stewards, each seemed to be on the pitch for a good while
    Sounds like the stewards have the potential to be our ball boys 👍

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post

And it also costs the club they claim to support a fine from the EFL

Will Vaulks had to shoo the selfie guy away in the end, otherwise he might've gone around everyone. Maybe we found a good use for Vaulks after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Will Vaulks had to shoo the selfie guy away in the end, otherwise he might've gone around everyone. Maybe we found a good use for Vaulks after all.
    £20k a week for a steward

I think the biggest pain is surrendering your passport every time Wales play away for the next three years - could be inconvienient

Why was it funny ? Was it the fact that the club might have to pay a large fine or possibly that one of them could have decked one of the players or perhaps the fact that the stewards had to chase and catch them, that made you chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why was it funny ? Was it the fact that the club might have to pay a large fine or possibly that one of them could have decked one of the players or perhaps the fact that the stewards had to chase and catch them, that made you chuckle.
    What on earth are you on about? Yes I was laughing at the extremely high possibility that these overweight middle aged men were going to knock out a professional athlete of course that's what I was laughing at..., nothing to do with them making an arse of themselves

If anything your ire should be directed at the dreadful stewarding which allowed not one, but three fans to enter the pitch

3 year ban is harsh imho

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    If pushed, for me personally it would be the 3rd one

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    3 year ban is harsh imho
    Agree, and the fact that they have to surrender their passport if Wales are playing away. That's harsh.