+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PSG to open academy in Cardiff?

PSG to open academy in Cardiff?

Re: PSG to open academy in Cardiff?

Because we've already got a Farm Foods , Aldi and Lidl?

Hot bed of talent - only need 1 to succeed for it to pay for itself.

See lots of youngsters wearing PSG sportswear in the area too.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Bale ends up with them next season - maybe even Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Hot bed of talent - only need 1 to succeed for it to pay for itself.

See lots of youngsters wearing PSG sportswear in the area too.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Bale ends up with them next season - maybe even Ramsey.
    I'd be shocked if PSG would even consider Bale or Ramsey they are fast approaching not playing at the very top level, perhaps Newcastle or Everton type sides .?

St. Martins School in Caerphilly is were years Academy will be based.
    So maybe Ramsey will sign for them with this as part of the deal 🤔

Bad for Cardiff, good for Wales is probable the bottom line

Only fair we open one in Saint-Denis and a club shop on the Champs-Élysées, opening times to be confirmed.

Can use Loic Damour quotes and imagery. Press release of "we Loic this".

Could have opted for Kevin theo...... But the lettering would cost too much and I can't remember exact spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Only fair we open one in Saint-Denis and a club shop on the Champs-Élysées, opening times to be confirmed.

Can use Loic Damour quotes and imagery. Press release of "we Loic this".

Could have opted for Kevin theo...... But the lettering would cost too much and I can't remember exact spelling.
    Or Rudy Gest...., no..same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Bad for Cardiff, good for Wales is probable the bottom line
    That was my reaction too. If you were a talented 8 year old (or the parent of one) would you want to join Cardiff City's academy or PSG's. However, they've got 12 academics in England already, plus goodness knows how many in 13 other countries, so very few kids will progress to the actual PSG set up. Could this be good for us if we then pick up some well-trained kids later on?
    I'm not sure.

https://www.psgacademyuk.com/player-...ent-programme/

I suppose its like the development type, training centres other clubs have, including even us.

Kids are taken on, possibly have to pay and then you get to train but won't really be part of the psg setup or playing games for their proper academy.

More a commercial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I suppose its like the development type, training centres other clubs have, including even us.

Kids are taken on, possibly have to pay and then you get to train but won't really be part of the psg setup or playing games for their proper academy.

More a commercial thing.
    I think you are right. The coaches will be taken on locally, and probably with a minimum of UEFA C licence, but trained to a PSG philosophy. I don't think it will affect our academy as such, but will be a competitor to the ADC's we have.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

It’s a marketing development designed to add further revenue streams to the commercial side of the football club. It’s a minimal investment with a good ‘pay to attend’ return.

Their socials team knows what they're doing https://twitter.com/PSG_English/stat...840265735?s=20

It’s owned by a company called ERA Sports & Education Ltd, who are based in Bury.
    Sounds like a branding exercise to me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It’s owned by a company called ERA Sports & Education Ltd, who are based in Bury.
    Sounds like a branding exercise to me.
    Bit like the City Development centres that are/were scattered around South Wales. You would sign your child up up on the basis that he may end up playing for City in his age group. Problem is/was that there was already an established team containing the best of the age group selected. Loads of my son's friends joined, with the parents convinced they were going to be the next big player. It very rarwely happened, it was all about the income stream....... Ironically one of his friends was in the real age-based team and kept quiet about it