+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rory Stewart.

Rory Stewart.

I'm not saying I'd vote for him, but I can't help thinking this country would be in a far better state if he had won the 2019 Tory leader vote.

https://news.sky.com/video/stewart-u...rship-12521202

Re: Rory Stewart.

Definitely, seems like one of the few tories who isn't completely ****ing insane.

I have a lot of time for Rory Stewart. He's a great liberal, internationalist one-nation Tory.

What I would say is that talking from the sidelines is easy as hell (and profitable). Governing is far harder. He would be pretty weak in power, though he's the kind of guy who governments should listen to.

Rory, Eton / Oxford Rory? The guy who slipped a length to somebody's wife and accidentally smoked opium in Afghanistan. Jesus the bar is low

20220121_221502.jpg
    not holding back here

I remember praising him in the Tory leadership , something that upset some on yer .

He would have been a decent London Mayor more than the one in power now.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I remember praising him in the Tory leadership , something that upset some on yer .

I doubt he could be better than the guy in charge now, hes doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Funny that, I searched on Rory Stewart and could find little by way of you lavishing praise on him, if fact most of your references to him are that he was a spy. Neither did I find anyone getting hot under the collar about anything you said about him.

I did find this from you about his debating skills though:

Rory Stewart looked like he had piles, his body language was dreadful .

More late night self-justifying fantasy from you I'm afraid!