+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Today's press conference

Today's press conference

Two things for me

One SM showed some remorse for his dealing of the Davies situation

Two explanation of the hoops they have to go through for the loans

I hope and think we may be in good hands moving forward if we give him time 👍

Re: Today's press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Two things for me

No

At least he's acknowledging mistakes, that's how people improve. He won't be criticising young players publicly using that language again so he's developing as a manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60082470

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    At least he's acknowledging mistakes, that's how people improve. He won't be criticising young players publicly using that language again so he's developing as a manager

Absolutely and we need to recognise he is new to this management role so will make mistakes - hope the fans are supportive next week when we are back in the stadium rather that some of the negativity in certain parts of this board

Prefer to be glass half full rather than half full of piss

Two things for me

I hope and think we may be in good hands moving forward if we give him time ��
    He’s an U23 manager filling in, been given a chance I’m not sure what people expected from him to be honest. He is bound to make mistakes but he’s clearly made an impact after MM.

Decent press conference, he's still a lot more honest than 99% of managers out there. That'll get polished out of him in time most probably.

A tiny bit of remorse for using the word "hinderance" but then still had to go over and repeat himself that he "wasnt good enough". All he had to say was he shouldnt have used the word hinderance and he will choose his words more carefully next time.

I dont get why he keeps saying "Its only what ive said in the dressing room" when as an ex professional footballer himself he should know certain things should just be left in the dressing room and not spoken about to the media.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    A tiny bit of remorse for using the word "hinderance" but then still had to go over and repeat himself that he "wasnt good enough". All he had to say was he shouldnt have used the word hinderance and he will choose his words more carefully next time.

I dont get why he keeps saying "Its only what ive said in the dressing room" when as an ex professional footballer himself he should know certain things should just be left in the dressing room and not spoken about to the media.
    If it keeps happening then I'm sure most fans would get on his back about it. And if he lost the dressing room then his managerial career would be over before it has begun.
    He's obviously aware of the criticism and he's acknowledged it. Lets see how he takes that on board from here on in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    If it keeps happening then I'm sure most fans would get on his back about it. And if he lost the dressing room then his managerial career would be over before it has begun.
    He's obviously aware of the criticism and he's acknowledged it. Lets see how he takes that on board from here on in.

Some people are too stubborn for their own good. Let's see how he goes from now, lost cause with some fans though who'd rather dig their heels in and keep their stance. Bit pathetic from grown men really

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Some people are too stubborn for their own good. Let's see how he goes from now, lost cause with some fans though who'd rather dig their heels in and keep their stance. Bit pathetic from grown men really
    Pot and kettle springs to mind

I think he's doing a decent job - we seem to be going in the right direction for lots of things, style, youth, recruitment. Yes, results need to come and yes he's got a huge amount to learn about the media. Let's not get mixed up that this Davies thing is a man management issue - he's worked with the u23 and been successful and now seems to have the support and buy in from the first team. He just needs to understand that interviews and comments he does as the first team manager are much more thoroughly scrutinised that his previous u23 post match interviews with Bob from Cardiff City TV. Bit of media diplomacy training is all that's needed.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    I think he's doing a decent job - we seem to be going in the right direction for lots of things, style, youth, recruitment. Yes, results need to come and yes he's got a huge amount to learn about the media. Let's not get mixed up that this Davies thing is a man management issue - he's worked with the u23 and been successful and now seems to have the support and buy in from the first team. He just needs to understand that interviews and comments he does as the first team manager are much more thoroughly scrutinised that his previous u23 post match interviews with Bob from Cardiff City TV. Bit of media diplomacy training is all that's needed.
    I agree...he will learn to be more diplomatic in public...am sure he know Isaak Davies and how to handle him...it is alos somehat refreshing to have a manage that says what he thinks.
    We ARE moving in the right direction ....

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post

Two things for me

I'm hoping he gets the job and is given a proper chance..

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

He's admitted the mistake time to move on in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Seems some people are obsessed with trying to be right rather than being reasonable or wanting what’s best for the club.

It's kind of fortunate for Morison that he put his foot in it and subsequently pack-peddled because we'd have little else talk about in the way of positive developments if that wasn't the case.

The real worry has got to be the results surely. They are preeeetty woeful.

I'd all but forgotten about the Davies thing.

We are just lucky that Peterborough are shitter than us and Derby are where they are.

Another positive. He is still not Mick McCarthy.