+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tory’s make massive improvements to the railways.

Tory’s make massive improvements to the railways.

I watched this with my head in my hands. I really thought it was a joke

https://twitter.com/transportgovuk/s...326105602?s=21

Re: Tory’s make massive improvements to the railways.

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    I watched this with my head in my hands. I really thought it was a joke

https://twitter.com/transportgovuk/s...326105602?s=21
    OK. My jaw officially dropped. WTF? The smarmy git. The only pointless announcement is the one asking passengers who aren't disabled not to use the designated seating for disabled customers! He'd have been in First Class anyway where he could take up two seats just to read a broadsheet. And the sneering beany guy at the end wasn't a real sneering beany guy...he's an actor, same as the one with newspaper.

Id hate to be the GP for you guys

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Id hate to be the GP for you guys
    I suspect not as much as they are glad you are not their GP.

Anyway, Michael Green's initiative or whatever he is calling himself this week hadn't filtered down to GWR who were happily pumping out their "Mind the Gap" greatest hits on the train from Reading to Bristol and back today.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I suspect not as much as they are glad you are not their GP.

Anyway, Michael Green's initiative or whatever he is calling himself this week hadn't filtered down to GWR who were happily pumping out their "Mind the Gap" greatest hits on the train from Reading to Bristol and back today.
    That's not as good a come back as you think.

Imagine being furious at an advert on twitter you don't have to watch about something so mildly important

Think of your heart rates.

Imagine being furious at an advert on twitter you don't have to watch about something so mildly important

Oh you love it. You know you do. What would you do with yourself if we didn't feed you?

How much taxpayers money was wasted on that? What’s the point of it, it’s pathetic.

PS my testing heart rate is 51 but thanks for asking.

If I am honest I think we should concentrate more on the South Wales Metro (owned by Welsh Govt), Cardiff Bus (owned by the council), Cardiff airport (owned by the Welsh govt) and the utterly shite motorway network (again, Welsh govt).

This stuff impacts on jobs, wellbeing, investment, sustainability, economic development, family life, all of it.

No wonder we have such crap services. People ignore it and get angry over irrelevent twitter ads instead.

I don't recall spitting feathers about it an I am sure the cost is only a pebble atop the Great Pyramid of waste and sleazy payments by this government.

Like you I believe people should focus on the responsibilities of the Secretary of State for Transport. Unfortunately he seems to fill his days tilting at irrelevant windmills that float the boats of the angry at the world crowd who suck up this shit.

Who was “furious”? I certainly wasn’t, I found it very funny that Operation Red Dog Meat Pork Pie Hat had got so desperate that they were churning out stuff like that as a justification for keeping our esteemed Prime Minister in a job

James Wales getting angry with ccmb posts yet again...

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    James Wales getting angry with ccmb posts yet again...
    Not angry. Just despondent. We have absolutely shite transport infrastructure in South Wales and yet this is what people moan about.

The WG and our local councils must laugh at us at how easy we make it for them

Not angry. Just despondent. We have absolutely shite transport infrastructure in South Wales and yet this is what people moan about.

I see, so its only being angry/furious when its other people commenting.

Anyway people are always complaining about public transport - just as they do in England, not that this idea is going to help.

The bus services by me are suffering. Loss of bus drivers.

Loads of ads for bus drivers jobs less than 20k a year.

Various reasons including bus drivers handing in their notices to get HGV opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I see, so its only being angry/furious when its other people commenting.

Anyway people are always complaining about public transport - just as they do in England, not that this idea is going to help.
    You can tell the difference in the tone / language that people use.

If I am honest I think we should concentrate more on the South Wales Metro (owned by Welsh Govt), Cardiff Bus (owned by the council), Cardiff airport (owned by the Welsh govt) and the utterly shite motorway network (again, Welsh govt).

This stuff impacts on jobs, wellbeing, investment, sustainability, economic development, family life, all of it.

No wonder we have such crap services. People ignore it and get angry over irrelevent twitter ads instead.
    Too close to home those criticism its like our NHS , Education , high growth of children in care ?