+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Knight To Right In Fear And No Fight

Knight To Right In Fear And No Fight

The vomit-inducing sight of the Union-flagged, face-mask-wearing Wakeford shaking the hand of Sir K was the political highlight of my week. Mash that together with Labour's enormous elephant in the room of being fully aligned with the Tories on Brexit and it's not so much of a slam dunk but more of a check your new mates scenario.

If Labour manages to win the next election, it will find itself committed to a destructive, Tory, hard-right, Brexit policy long after the people who wanted it have died off or changed their minds.

The Labour Knight says there is 'no case for rejoining the EU'. 'We're out and we're staying out' he says (looking straight down camera one remembering not to blink for 20 secs).

He'll be saying we should 'at least discuss the possibilities of a flat earth and respect people's beliefs on this matter' when negotiating a deal with DUP next.

Re: Knight To Right In Fear And No Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The vomit-inducing sight of the Union-flagged, face-mask-wearing Wakeford shaking the hand of Sir K was the political highlight of my week. Mash that together with Labour's enormous elephant in the room of being fully aligned with the Tories on Brexit and it's not so much of a slam dunk but more of a check your new mates scenario.

If Labour manages to win the next election, it will find itself committed to a destructive, Tory, hard-right, Brexit policy long after the people who wanted it have died off or changed their minds.

The Labour Knight says there is 'no case for rejoining the EU'. 'We're out and we're staying out' he says (looking straight down camera one remembering not to blink for 20 secs).

He'll be saying we should 'at least discuss the possibilities of a flat earth and respect people's beliefs on this matter' when negotiating a deal with DUP next.
    When has Starmer ever said that?. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    When has Starmer ever said that?. Get a grip.
    He didn't. I wrote it. The stuff he quoted I highlighted for everyone's convenience. The fact is, that the stuff he's said kind of leads to the part where I conclude the stuff you've highlighted. No need for the 'get a grip' snipe either. Play nice.

He didn't. I wrote it. The stuff he quoted I highlighted for everyone's convenience. The fact is, that the stuff he's said kind of leads to the part where I conclude the stuff you've highlighted. No need for the 'get a grip' snipe either. Play nice.
    We're probably broadly on the same side on this, but I don't agree with your conclusion. I just don't understand what people expect Starmer to do re Brexit. He could make it his policy to rejoin/call a second referendum. That's fine - but he won't get elected. Hate it as we may, that is what 2016 and 2019 has taught us. Alternatively, he could play a more subtle game, and seek to undo the terrible damage this Tory government is doing in Europe by starting to build bridges again when he has the opportunity to do so.

We're probably broadly on the same side on this, but I don't agree with your conclusion. I just don't understand what people expect Starmer to do re Brexit. He could make it his policy to rejoin/call a second referendum. That's fine - but he won't get elected. Hate it as we may, that is what 2016 and 2019 has taught us. Alternatively, he could play a more subtle game, and seek to undo the terrible damage this Tory government is doing in Europe by starting to build bridges again when he has the opportunity to do so.
    You're right, we are broadly on the same page. I hope you're right and I hope I'm wrong. The problem I have is that I've spoken to plenty of Labour Party members (or recently ex-members like myself) who feel in limbo and just a tad edgy about Starmer's approach. I'm also very anti-establishment so the whole Sir Keir thing grates and the photo of him shaking hands with a recently right-wing defector doesn't sit well. This kind of defection never does sit well with me and I think they should trigger a by-election (written into a constitution we don't have).

You're right, we are broadly on the same page. I hope you're right and I hope I'm wrong. The problem I have is that I've spoken to plenty of Labour Party members (or recently ex-members like myself) who feel in limbo and just a tad edgy about Starmer's approach. I'm also very anti-establishment so the whole Sir Keir thing grates and the photo of him shaking hands with a recently right-wing defector doesn't sit well. This kind of defection never does sit well with me and I think they should trigger a by-election (written into a constitution we don't have).
    Anti establishment but desperate to be in the EU against the wishes of the people's vote 🤣

Purports to be left wing but anxious to be part of the most capitalist deregulated single market on earth that eliminates great swathes of state support for economies. The EU single market is Thatcherism on steroids.

The left should have listened far more to the likes of Tony Benn on the EU. Labour would probably be in power now if they did.
    That's what you should take away from this

I understand the reservations. I don't share them personally, but that just reflects my own view of life. Sorry for the 'get a grip' comment. It just worries and frustrates me when people appear to be losing sight of who the real enemy is.

I understand the reservations. I don't share them personally, but that just reflects my own view of life. Sorry for the 'get a grip' comment. It just worries and frustrates me when people appear to be losing sight of who the real enemy is.
    No worries. I understand the frustration and your concerns

No worries. I understand the frustration and your concerns

anyway, Bristol City............

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Anti establishment but desperate to be in the EU against the wishes of the people's vote ��

Purports to be left wing but anxious to be part of the most capitalist deregulated single market on earth that eliminates great swathes of state support for economies. The EU single market is Thatcherism on steroids.

The left should have listened far more to the likes of Tony Benn on the EU. Labour would probably be in power now if they did.
    That's what you should take away from this
    In fairness Mr J you walked straight into that one. You can't get more anti-establishment than that!

It's you that uses quaint terms like left-wing.

You've mixed up a swathe of points in an attempt to attack (something you purport to never do being the libertarian, nuanced, balanced individual you like to portray yourself as).

My natural tendency is anarchy (of which there are many forms) but I'm forced to live with a level of hypocrisy and within certain constraints and systems most of the time, other times I'm arrested by my government.

In fairness Mr J you walked straight into that one. You can't get more anti-establishment than that!

It's you that uses quaint terms like left-wing.

You've mixed up a swathe of points in an attempt to attack (something you purport to never do being the libertarian, nuanced, balanced individual you like to portray yourself as).

My natural tendency is anarchy (of which there are many forms) but I'm forced to live with a level of hypocrisy and within certain constraints and systems most of the time, other times I'm arrested by my government.
    I'm just highlighting the hypocrisy and confused message. And in your post you used the phrase 'hard right' to refer to our Brexit policy (not sure how that's 'hard right?' So the term left-wing is fair enough.

But yeah, across our continent the EU is THE establishment. It was backed by every establishment going during the referendum. The country saw through it. You should take solace from it.

Anarchy? Good luck with that!
    🙂

Anarchy? Good luck with that!
    🙂
    Thank you Mr J! In the spirit of reciprocity here’s a pro tip. Don’t spam the emojis on your iPhone!

Thank you Mr J! In the spirit of reciprocity here’s a pro tip. Don’t spam the emojis on your iPhone!
    😯🤣😘

😯🤣😘