+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Outrage as stunning My City My Shirt mural is painted over

Outrage as stunning My City My Shirt mural is painted over

Re: Outrage as stunning My City My Shirt mural is painted over

Absolutely shocking

Easy for me to say because I don’t eat them, but City fans should boycott McDonalds after this - shockingly insensitive.

FFS! Well p*ssed off now. The irony today is that they celebrate street art in Bristol and we vandalise it!

Absolutely shocking. What right have mcdonald's got to use that wall.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Easy for me to say because I don’t eat them, but City fans should boycott McDonalds after this - shockingly insensitive.
    McDonald's are actually sensitive over PR. They will reverse this.

Logic would indicate it's up to whoever owns the wall what they do with it.

Easier for some to blame McDonalds than them I guess.

Who owns the building?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Who owns the building?
    And do they have planning permission

FFS

Seems a very strange decision. I'm a big fan of murals and street art and to see it lost to an advert is a big backward step

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    How? I’d be amazed if they can remove the new paint and leave the previous layer intact.

Article says its owned by mischiefs bar that let the artist use it, that deal came to an end.

Dont see too much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Article says its owned by mischiefs bar that let the artist use it, that deal came to an end.

Logic would indicate, based upon your information that it's very much a nothing issue and that those displaying faux indignation are merely virtue signallnig.

Quote Originally Posted by logic View Post
    Logic would indicate, based upon your information that it's very much a nothing issue and that those displaying faux indignation are merely virtue signallnig.
    Or perhaps people would prefer a mural representing the city over an advert for a fast food chain

It's hardly like Cardiff is overflowing with murals, does everything have to be commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    You were spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Or perhaps people would prefer a mural representing the city over an advert for a fast food chain

It's hardly like Cardiff is overflowing with murals, does everything have to be commercial?
    Logic shows that people are acting as if it's an OUTRAGE. How dare a multicultural mural be pointed over?

Those same people are conveniently quiet that the general makeup of the crowd at CCS is pale, male and stale.

Does everything have to be commercial? No. Does the owner of the wall have the freedom to choose what they utilise the wall for or do they have to gain the approval of the vocal minority?

Logic shows that people are acting as if it's an OUTRAGE. How dare a multicultural mural be pointed over?

Those same people are conveniently quiet that the general makeup of the crowd at CCS is pale, male and stale.

Does everything have to be commercial? No. Does the owner of the wall have the freedom to choose what they utilise the wall for or do they have to gain the approval of the vocal minority?
    There was a fair bit of annoyance on here when the club refused to back the project and there have been a number of discussions regarding the crowd not being particularly representative of the city. A number of people from here also complained directly to the club when they refused to back the project.

Of course the owner can do what they like, that was more of a general whinge at the state of the city

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

You Cannnnnnot Be Serious!!!

Literally no one is this thread has mentioned their outrage because it’s a multicultural mural. We’re on a Cardiff City forum and it’s a Cardiff City mural. If the bar decided to have a white man in a Swansea shirt painted do you think people would be against it due to the ethnicity or the shirt he’s wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    There was a fair bit of annoyance on here when the club refused to back the project and there have been a number of discussions regarding the crowd not being particularly representative of the city. A number of people from here also complained directly to the club when they refused to back the project.

Of course the owner can do what they like, that was more of a general whinge at the state of the city
    You're absolutely right. I lived around the corner from it at the time and met Yousef and chatted to him about it. There were a lot of posters around Cardiff but this was the only mural. The club missed an opportunity at the time and in my view missed an opportunity when it was vandalised to put things right.

I don't like knocking the club but we're really good at scoring own goals on and off the pitch. The owner can do what he likes, but there's something wrong with our city when we don't celebrate street art of this quality. So many cities around the world would feature this in their portfolios but in Cardiff it gets painted out and for what, a McDonalds ad. F*ck me I despair and I don't mind admitting this kind of thing really gets me down. It hurts.

Breaking... McDonalds order mural to be repainted

https://nation.cymru/culture/mcdonal...er-row-erupts/

The club could pay for the ad space in the wall so this doesn't happen again. It wouldn't cost that much and its essentially a CCFC ad anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post

I'd forgotten to mention the Wales shirt series too: My Cymru My Shirt. I hope that one can stay. It's another brilliant piece.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post

McDonalds order a repaint immediately. A bit arrogant. Destroy the original and order the artist to do it all again! Thanks very much.