Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
And its transpired that the original artist who painted the mural is part of the team over painting it, they cleary weren't that bothered abut it or they'd have stopped it before it became a problem! Sounds like a manufactured situation to create a news story tbh.
The original artist isn't over painting it, he's re-painting the original piece and I doubt he'd have been over the moon to see his work rollered over but that's part of the risk for all street artists. He'll get paid by McDonalds I suspect which won't be unwelcome. If it is a manufactured story, then the only people gaining anything out of this will be McDonalds themselves.

I'd like to see lottey funding for these kinds of projects and for Cardiff Council to prioritise and help preserve them. Just remember our own club didn't support this (they were asked to) otherwise they'd have been stakeholders and would have been in the loop.

After recent events at Bristol, our history that follows us around like a bad smell, and our awful season, we need all the PR help we can get.