Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
There was a fair bit of annoyance on here when the club refused to back the project and there have been a number of discussions regarding the crowd not being particularly representative of the city. A number of people from here also complained directly to the club when they refused to back the project.

Of course the owner can do what they like, that was more of a general whinge at the state of the city
You're absolutely right. I lived around the corner from it at the time and met Yousef and chatted to him about it. There were a lot of posters around Cardiff but this was the only mural. The club missed an opportunity at the time and in my view missed an opportunity when it was vandalised to put things right.

I don't like knocking the club but we're really good at scoring own goals on and off the pitch. The owner can do what he likes, but there's something wrong with our city when we don't celebrate street art of this quality. So many cities around the world would feature this in their portfolios but in Cardiff it gets painted out and for what, a McDonalds ad. F*ck me I despair and I don't mind admitting this kind of thing really gets me down. It hurts.