+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Outrage as stunning My City My Shirt mural is painted over

Re: Outrage as stunning My City My Shirt mural is painted over

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    True, but both of those sites are now being talked about more frequently atm..
    I would seriously doubt that either site will be developed any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So if you work in a McDonalds and you see something in your area which threatens to reflect badly on the company being mooted or happening, you have nowhere to go to make your concerns known?
    Did you miss the bit about the original artist being part of the tea painting river it? why didnt he raise the issue with McD's? they clearly didnt care about their own artwork!

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    for what sort of development ? the old merthyr house site has been waiting a long long time
    would you know regarding this site please ?

True, but both of those sites are now being talked about more frequently atm..
    in what way ?

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    in what way ?
    I'm not going to go into details, but both are development sites with owners who want to maximise their sites.

My main point though was just to add to a previous post that talked about the realistic long term cost of keeping the mural ad infinitum, which is that in addition to the cost of leasing the space you would have to pay the developer of the adjacent land to never develop the site also, as any development would cover up the mural.

I'm in favour of the mural anyway, and in favour of street art. I've commissioned a lot of it, I'd like to see far more of it, I was just adding a bit of Real Politik to it all.

I'm not going to go into details, but both are development sites with owners who want to maximise their sites.

My main point though was just to add to a previous post that talked about the realistic long term cost of keeping the mural ad infinitum, which is that in addition to the cost of leasing the space you would have to pay the developer of the adjacent land to never develop the site also, as any development would cover up the mural.

I'm in favour of the mural anyway, and in favour of street art. I've commissioned a lot of it, I'd like to see far more of it, I was just adding a bit of Real Politik to it all.
    the other site you mentioned has been like that a long time i cant see anything being developed there soon , must be a problem maybe with planning or groundwork its interesting why its been left this long ?