Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
Why does any of this bother you so much? So local street artists are commissioned in other cities. I'm really unclear as to what your point is and I think you are too. Surely you can't be suggesting artists should work for free? There's hardly a comparison to a global burger chain and Unify is there? It's a f*cking wall in Butetown. Again, why does this rattle you because it clearly does? What am I missing? I'm not looking for an argument. I just don't get why you and some others are so concerned about this as you clearly don't care what's put up there. Betfair will be next. Or Paddy Power.

I've spent a decade filming and photographing and recording that entire area and The Bay. Nobody gave a sh*t about it until now. I and many others found the mural uplifting. It was unique. Shouldn't that be celebrated and preserved instead of painted over for another burger ad? Isn't it strange how different we see things? I see this as an act of wanton vandalism and you shrug it off like it's f*ck all. Yet people got so worked up about the toppling of a statue recently. Makes no sense to me.
Not trying to antagonise anyone. Commercial deal...street artist paid for mural, deal for six months for the mural to be on the advertising wall. After 6 months another party steps in , happens to be Macs and they get the blame and bad PR.
Yusuf Ismail is the first one to criticise Macs and the city of Cardiff. He was one of the few that obviously knew the mural was safe for a limited time only. If he was so concerned about it why didn't he warn us that without financial assistance it was likely to have 6 month shelf life?.
Instead he makes a fuss and shames Macs into paying for a repaint and display whilst getting a kick in the teeth with bad PR.