+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brennan Johnson

Re: Brennan Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Cool.

I still think a cb pairing doesn't have room for a converted left back.
    Nathan Ake would give you nightmares then, but the role he plays for Man City is genius from Pep.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Nathan Ake would give you nightmares then, but the role he plays for Man City is genius from Pep.
    It wasn't a challenge to disprove me. I've just posted my opinion.

I'm aware it happens. Joe gomez was a right back wasn't he? I didn't even have to Google that it just came straight to me..

No nightmares here, as we were.

Left back on the bench...

I'm aware it happens. Joe gomez was a right back wasn't he? I didn't even have to Google that it just came straight to me..

I wouldn't describe Ake as a converted left back either, he's played the vast majority of his career at centre back

I'm posting my opinion too, and modern football has changed the roles of players. Positions are no longer set in stone and the game is more fluid, so flexibility is a great asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I wouldn't describe Ake as a converted left back either, he's played the vast majority of his career at centre back
    He was all over the place against Atletico and it was interesting watching his movement. I never had him down as a Man City player, but that is the genius of Pep.

He was all over the place against Atletico and it was interesting watching his movement. I never had him down as a Man City player, but that is the genius of Pep.
    that's left footed, ball playing centre backs for you, they are like rocking horse shit at the moment.
    everyone who wants to play out from the back wants one, in a back 4 or especially a back 3.
    it's a pity none of our up and coming centre backs are left footed (I don't think anyway) as that would make them an attractive prospect for bigger clubs.

I'm posting my opinion too, and modern football has changed the roles of players. Positions are no longer set in stone and the game is more fluid, so flexibility is a great asset.
    Yes, I understand that it was your opinion, you post to your hearts content pal, you do you etc. I just countered with a different opinion, as we do.

that's left footed, ball playing centre backs for you, they are like rocking horse shit at the moment.
    everyone who wants to play out from the back wants one, in a back 4 or especially a back 3.
    it's a pity none of our up and coming centre backs are left footed (I don't think anyway) as that would make them an attractive prospect for bigger clubs.
    We have brown

Yes, I understand that it was your opinion, you post to your hearts content pal, you do you etc. I just countered with a different opinion, as we do.
    Anyway, it's only banter as we all know Wilson will be starting on right, with Morrell next to Allen in midfield

Ampadu is a positive headache isn't he..
    I thought we looked better against the Czech Republic when he came on in midfield, and Rodon looked happier too not having players coming directly on to him.

Anyway, it's only banter as we all know Wilson will be starting on right, with Morrell next to Allen in midfield
    Morrell depresses me. And I don't use "depression" lightly either, I genuinely feel sad when the name pops up. Surely we have better?or players we can bring through and develop in the middle? I can still see colwills run now, and Morrell turns and passes backwards. I was still swearing later that night getting in the van to go to work

Morrell depresses me. And I don't use "depression" lightly either, I genuinely feel sad when the name pops up. Surely we have better?or players we can bring through and develop in the middle? I can still see colwills run now, and Morrell turns and passes backwards. I was still swearing later that night getting in the van to go to work
    The trouble is we are always going to be a few players short of being a top team, so there has to be some compromises. Midfield is probably our weakest area, and we need to protect the defence, as they can get a bit flustered when the opposition come through the middle.

The trouble is we are always going to be a few players short of being a top team, so there has to be some compromises. Midfield is probably our weakest area, and we need to protect the defence, as they can get a bit flustered when the opposition come through the middle.
    I appreciate we will have less than others, but there has to be better than him.

I appreciate we will have less than others, but there has to be better than him.
    That's why I proposed putting Ampadu there as he can play as a versatile CDM dropping deep if required. On the negative side it messes with our current defensive line-up, hence the conundrum. Ramsey can play there, but I prefer him more advanced alongside James, Bale & Johnson, which would be an excellent offensive unit at this level.

I'd like to see Sorba Thomas playing.
    Swap Neco for Robert's then add Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Why? Roberts is a very good player and can defend.

All this talk of changing formation is baffling. The current formation suits so many of our best players, it would be madness to change it. The 4 at the back formations don't seem to suit us at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

All this talk of changing formation is baffling. The current formation suits so many of our best players, it would be madness to change it. The 4 at the back formations don't seem to suit us at all.
    Discussion is the fuel that keeps these boards running.

Sorry if I missed it, where did Wash DC mention a formation swap?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    trouble is they're all right footed.
    out of any of them I think Neco is bmthe best equipped to play on the left.
    ideally we would clone Neco and have him on both flanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

I'm not a fan of Roberts at all.
    He's had some howlers for Wales IMO.
    It's not the Jack thing, I never liked Neil Taylor either but a massive fan of Ben Davies.

trouble is they're all right footed.
    out of any of them I think Neco is bmthe best equipped to play on the left.
    ideally we would clone Neco and have him on both flanks
    That would be epic.
    We need to get the guy that cloned Dolly the sheep on board at the WFA.

What, on the bench?

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    What, on the bench?
    Not in the game I saw, in which he had 108 touches and 88 passes with 91% accuracy.

Not in the game I saw, in which he had 108 touches and 88 passes with 91% accuracy.

At 2 million a game I'd expect better than that!

Scores again, cool as ice. I can't see how he is inferior to Harry Wilson?

Scores again, cool as ice. I can't see how he is inferior to Harry Wilson?
    he plays a different role. when Johnson forces his way into the Wales first XI it won't be at the expense of Wilson