+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brennan Johnson

Re: Brennan Johnson

You lot have short memories. There was a time when Forest couldn't string a pass together and Cooper was on the verge of getting sacked, and he even pulled Johnson from the starting XI for his own good. The World Cup came at the right time, and whatever Cooper did on the training field to turn things around he deserves a lot of credit. The turnaround came when Cooper got Gibbs-White & Johnson playing together with more purpose.

Brennan Johnson heaps praise on Nottingham Forest teammate Morgan Gibbs-White

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...n-gibbs-white/

Brennan Johnson raves about Nottingham Forest star Morgan Gibbs-White

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...n-gibbs-white/

Nottingham Forest urged to make bold Brennan Johnson and Morgan Gibbs-White decisions

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...-white-8170814

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Imagine where they'd be if they signed Ampadu in the summer.
    Do you get a hard on dissing young Welsh players? Ampadu was arguably our best player at the World Cup, but anything to make you look like a big boy, hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you get a hard on dissing young Welsh players? Ampadu was arguably our best player at the World Cup, but anything to make you look like a big boy, hey?
    Nothing on the board gets me hard and I certainly wasn’t dissing any Welsh players.

I was taking the piss out of you, ya ****ing helmet.

Are you a Cardiff Fan, or just Wales? I can't recall you posting about City

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Add in Wycombe's Chem Campbell and they'd be competing for the title
    I was surprised too when Wolves sent a 19 year old youngster out on-loan. I was expecting Real Madrid to swoop and build their 2022/23 Champions League team around him.

PS Aren't you the fella who said Wilson was better than Johnson?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Are you a Cardiff Fan, or just Wales? I can't recall you posting about City
    Big fan mate since I was a small boy

Big fan mate since I was a small boy
    Just wasn't sure. I only see you post about Wales

The world cup came at anything but a good time. Johnson like nearly all the others was terrible at the world cup. 3 utter dross matches to have watched live

Nothing on the board gets me hard and I certainly wasn’t dissing any Welsh players.

I was taking the piss out of you, ya ****ing helmet.
    Posting something knowledgeable about football would impress me more.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    The world cup came at anything but a good time. Johnson like nearly all the others was terrible at the world cup. 3 utter dross matches to have watched live
    I said the World Cup came at a good time for Forest.

Posting something knowledgeable about football would impress me more.
    Why would I want to impress you? You have this air of superiority and pretend to have an ability / knowledge that the rest of us plebs on here can only dream of.

I just think you come across a bit wanky.

Come to think of it why am I engaging with you. Wastes my time as I've never been interested in anything you've posted.

Not a lot to say about City at the moment, they have been dire for a number of years and some of their games are hard to watch! I keep hoping that Tan will exit so that we can start over.

I said the World Cup came at a good time for Forest.
    Oh sorry must have misread as I thought the thread was about Johnson and Wales

He hasn't got time to watch us, what with a full time job, knowing everything about everything, watching all of Brennan Johnson and Ampadus games. He probably watches ALL the games of a few players.

He's probably got square eyes and doesn't leave his bedsit.

I was surprised too when Wolves sent a 19 year old youngster out on-loan. I was expecting Real Madrid to swoop and build their 2022/23 Champions League team around him.

PS Aren't you the fella who said Wilson was better than Johnson?
    You've called for us to play Campbell at senior level and for him to be a squad regular providing competition to the likes of Dan James based on 2 minute cameos for Wolves

I don't remember ever saying that, if I did I was wrong but I've rated Johnson for a long time. I may have argued that Wilson should start ahead of him but that doesn't mean I think he's the better player just more suited to a certain role due to the others on the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He hasn't got time to watch us, what with a full time job, knowing everything about everything, watching all of Brennan Johnson and Ampadus games. He probably watches ALL the games of a few players.

It's bizarre, it's like he thinks that nobody else has heard of these players and he's the only one who can see their true talent. Johnson, Ampadu etc have been very highly rated for a long time

Why would I want to impress you? You have this air of superiority and pretend to have an ability / knowledge that the rest of us plebs on here can only dream of.
    I'm interested in the tactics and I watch a couple of random teams each season. It started with Pep when I was trying to understand his style of play, and I followed their matches for a season. I was coached by ex-international players as a youngster, and I have always enjoyed this side of football. Not trying to be superior or anything, it's just banter for me.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You've called for us to play Campbell at senior level and for him to be a squad regular providing competition to the likes of Dan James based on 2 minute cameos for Wolves
    I specifically said Wales should cap their young dual-nationality players (Campbell, Harris, etc.,) and then I said young players in general should be gaining experience as squad members instead of Gunter & Williams. Why do you have a problem with that?

I've watched loads of different teams, it's quite educational and beats being a keyboard warrior

I've watched loads of different teams, it's quite educational and beats being a keyboard warrior
    Doesn't take much time to read and post on here though. You must be flat out watching multiple games a week. How do you do anything else?

Doesn't take much time to read and post on here though. You must be flat out watching multiple games a week. How do you do anything else?
    Spending 270 minutes a week on a hobby or interest is not the big deal you are making it out to be. If I were to hazard guess, I reckon you probably spend more time than that watching the mindless crap they dish up on TV every night?

Spending 270 minutes a week on a hobby or interest is not the big deal you are making it out to be. If I were to hazard guess, I reckon you probably spend more time than that watching the mindless crap they dish up on TV every night?
    I watch a bit of YouTube on the tv. Not a lot as the clickbait is annoying..

I've watched Yellowstone on TV an hour a week and not the entire year round.

I click on and off here through the day.

I'm busy.

So it's only Johnson and Ampadu you watch weekly then? So in the future when you claim to have seen X amount of X youngster we can come back to this post and call your bullshit?

Cheers.

I watch a bit of YouTube on the tv. Not a lot as the clickbait is annoying..

I've watched Yellowstone on TV an hour a week and not the entire year round.

I click on and off here through the day.

I'm busy.

So it's only Johnson and Ampadu you watch weekly then? So in the future when you claim to have seen X amount of X youngster we can come back to this post and call your bullshit?

Cheers.
    I follow managers, not players

I follow managers, not players
    Blimey, how many managers have you been following with Ampadu’s career?

I specifically said Wales should cap their young dual-nationality players (Campbell, Harris, etc.,) and then I said young players in general should be gaining experience as squad members instead of Gunter & Williams. Why do you have a problem with that?
    Because we shouldn't be so insecure that we feel we need to immediately cap anyone half decent, they either want to play for Wales or they don't. It also takes 4 competitive caps now so it's more than just chucking them on in a friendly. The Welsh setup are pretty confident in themselves by letting dual qualified youngsters go and experience other nations' setups. Biancheri is a dual qualified prospect, should we call him up?

Sure if they played regularly at any senior level but they hadn't, Williams at least was still playing regularly so is higher up the food chain on merit. Even if we were to replace Williams we have Bradshaw, Cooper and Aaron Collins who should come in for that forward spot or even the likes of Lowery, Sheehan, MJ Williams, Terry Taylor in midfield when fit. Gunter shouldn't be in any squads going forward but his place shouldn't be taken by another attacker when you have Tom Lockyer and Regan Poole not making squads. We have plenty of young players in our squad already, half of the World Cup squad were 25 or younger, there is no need to add more youth