+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Brennan Johnson

Re: Brennan Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I follow managers, not players
    Bull shit.

It looks like this thread is full of people who feel the need to criticize other peoples opinions while expressing none of their own. It's a pity really as Johnson is an exciting prospect and it will be interesting to see how his career pans out.

It looks like this thread is full of people who like to criticize other peoples opinions while expressing none of their own.
    I think all of those people you mention habe had plenty of their own opinions on this board over the years. It's just we can all see what an utter bullshiting idiot you are.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I think all of those people you mention habe had plenty of their own opinions on this board over the years. It's just we can all see what an utter bullshiting idiot you are.
    You should be banned for your constant hate speech on here. I hope the mods are taking note.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Blimey, how many managers have you been following with Ampadu’s career?
    I was trying to work that one out as well.

Blimey, how many managers have you been following with Ampadu’s career?
    Nagelsmann.

Nagelsmann.
    Ampadu made three first team appearances for him in a season long loan. What did Nagelsmann conclude?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Ampadu made three first team appearances for him in a season long loan. What did Nagelsmann conclude?
    I remember Ampadu having an immense game against Spurs when he played for Leipzig.

I really thought that he had something about him judging on that performance.

It's strange how he hasn't seemed to push on from there considering it was a few years ago.

You should be banned for your constant hate speech on here. I hope the mods are taking note.
    Yeah Mike sent me a PM telling me to up the ante as you're a complete ****ing whopper

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Where is Ampadu now? ( Yes i know, Google it )

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Where is Ampadu now? ( Yes i know, Google it )
    I know he's in Italy but not sure what team, possibly spezia or something like that.

Ampadu's a good player who's been messed around a little bit by Chelsea. I'm pretty confident he'll still end up a top 6 PL player, but it will probably take him leaving Chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    I remember Ampadu having an immense game against Spurs when he played for Leipzig.

I really thought that he had something about him judging on that performance.

It's strange how he hasn't seemed to push on from there considering it was a few years ago.
    That's the only game I have seen him play where he has been surrounded by top class players in a well-coached team.

That's the only game I have seen him play where he has been surrounded by top class players in a well-coached team.
    Why hasn't it happened since?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Ampadu's a good player who's been messed around a little bit by Chelsea. I'm pretty confident he'll still end up a top 6 PL player, but it will probably take him leaving Chelsea
    Nobody would look good in any of the teams he has been loaned to, but he still manages to look half decent. Until he plays in a proper team we will never know how good (or bad) he is.

Nobody would look good in any of the teams he has been loaned to, but he still manages to look half decent. Until he plays in a proper team we will never know how good (or bad) he is.
    That's completely the wrong way round, it doesn't work like that. Players can still show their ability and class in a poor outfit. He isn't good enough for the highest level of football.

That's completely the wrong way round, it doesn't work like that. Players can still show their ability and class in a poor outfit. He isn't good enough for the highest level of football.
    You need good movement off the ball from the other players to do that, people who can see 3 or 4 moves ahead, otherwise a move invariably breaks down and you are back under pressure. The Leipzig v Spurs game is a good example of that. Nobody will ever look elite playing with a bunch of journeymen.

You need good movement off the ball from the other players to do that, people who can see 3 or 4 moves ahead, otherwise a move invariably breaks down and you are back under pressure. The Leipzig v Spurs game is a good example of that. Nobody will ever look elite playing with a bunch of journeymen.
    So, in short, it's everyone else then, 'It's not me boss' Without being disrespectful, that is complete nonsense. I'm sure we could all list players who have gone on to compete at the highest level who started out playing with players who weren't very good,but those players showed enough for a bigger team to take a chance on them, something Ampadu hasn't been able to do, at the four or five clubs he's been at. Ability is ability, intelligence is intelligence, it shows through at whatever level a player is at, and more importantly, good football people at the highest level can spot it a mile off.

So, in short, it's everyone else then, 'It's not me boss' Without being disrespectful, that is complete nonsense. I'm sure we could all list players who have gone on to compete at the highest level who started out playing with players who weren't very good,but those players showed enough for a bigger team to take a chance on them, something Ampadu hasn't been able to do, at the four or five clubs he's been at. Ability is ability, intelligence is intelligence, it shows through at whatever level a player is at, and more importantly, good football people at the highest level can spot it a mile off.
    You can look competent, but you will never look like a world beater. I blame the Chelsea loan system where they harvest and hoard young talent. Ampadu should have left Chelsea after the Sheffield United loan. I understand he is a lifelong Chelsea fan, so he may be in denial and that's why he has never tried to leave.

People say that City have not produced any good players from their Academy in recent years and use the fact that no one we've released has come to much since leaving us as proof that they are right, but your logic says that's bollox doesn't it?

Why didn't it happen in other games he played for Leipzig then?

Why didn't it happen in other games he played for Leipzig then?
    I recall that game, because WB was on here telling us all about Ampadu doing Harry Kane that evening, 'The Welsh Beckenbauer' as i recall, so i had a look. Ampadu was more 'Spare' than a spare tyre that had disconnected from a Ford Cortina on a journey along a country lane which had ended up in a hedge row. Ampadu struggles when he has to pick up runners, his focus is poor at times and his eyes follow the ball, bot the player, he gets sucked out and involved in situations where he has no business. I like the idea of everyone else being crap though, affecting my performance, i'm going to use that one today....

I recall that game, because WB was on here telling us all about Ampadu doing Harry Kane that evening, 'The Welsh Beckenbauer' as i recall, so i had a look. Ampadu was more 'Spare' than a spare tyre that had disconnected from a Ford Cortina on a journey along a country lane which had ended up in a hedge row. Ampadu struggles when he has to pick up runners, his focus is poor at times and his eyes follow the ball, bot the player, he gets sucked out and involved in situations where he has no business. I like the idea of everyone else being crap though, affecting my performance, i'm going to use that one today....
    "Why didn't you finish that job today Demb"

"Rest of the lads are shit boss"

To be fair on Ampadu he's often been in limbo between Chelsea's firsts and being loaned out again which leads to rushed late moves. He went to Venezia late in the window because they'd stopped an earlier move to Newcastle as they wanted to play him only to decide they didn't. As far as I know he's performed well in Italy too

He's 22 with 40 caps for one of Wales' most successful sides and been a regular in the PL and Serie A. That's not bad going and I'd be surprised if he doesn't end up at a high level