....to stay up?

I'm starting to get concerned now!

Re: Where Are We Going To Get Enough Points

We’re not !

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    ....to stay up?

I'm starting to get concerned now!
    Threw away the game today against a fairly poor team. Our defending was pitiful

Our only hope is to join in the legal battles against Derby. I'm sure we could dig something up around snowgate

I don't see where we're getting a win from at this point. We do look better going forward but the defence is just as shambolic as it was under McCarthy

Perhaps a stint in the national league would do us some good

Not a chance, the depths of the Football League are near.

Barnsley Peterborough and Reading are helping us out yet again today but it can’t go on

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Barnsley Peterborough and Reading are helping us out yet again today but it can’t go on
    Hull 1-0 up at Bournemouth though, bottom 5 starting to gut cut adrift

agree,we are f'ing dreadful!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    We might just stay up by a few teams being somehow shitter and getting deducted more points than we’ve amassed

Barnsley away 2nd Feb. We simply have to win that game.

we can't help ourselves nether mind them getting beat.

Yep a very clear bottom 5 now. We are probably the ones in the worst form though?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yep a very clear bottom 5 now. We are probably the ones in the worst form though?
    Reading 1pt in 6, we’ve got 2 in 6. Barnsley 3 and P’boro 4.

However bear in mind our last 6 have included 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the league. If you look at form over the last 10 games (Basically all of Morison’s tenure):

17th. Cardiff. 11pts

22nd. Barnsley. 6pts
    23rd. Reading. 6pts
    24th. Peterborough. 5pts

We were a little better today but are defensively shambolic and our players are unfit and run out of steam after 60 minutes.
    Hopefully Derby will have to sell key players next week and be unable to strengthen. Barnsley are dreadful. Posh poor. So here’s hoping that Derby, Barnsley and Posh go down but it’s three from five now and Reading and Cardiff are deep in the brown stuff.

I think we’ll stay up by default but any other season we’d be gone.

If there hadn’t been any point deductions we’d be 5 points off safety which is pretty damning and this squad is nowhere near good enough to put a run of wins together at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I don't see where we're getting a win from at this point. We do look better going forward but the defence is just as shambolic as it was under McCarthy
    Good job we left it too late to get Wilder. Them waiting on Mick to turn it round was a farce, and has turned into a nightmare. After Sunday, our next league games are Barnsley and Peterborough. If we lose to Forest, I'd make a change. Someone that can organise a bloody back 4/5. We have to get 4 points from those two, minimum.

We’ve got a lot of lower half sides to play yet at home. Under normal circumstances, that would offer us a buffer to rely on in the closing weeks of the season, but I remember saying something similar in 13/14 in the Premier League when our home form was far better than it is now. I’ve always thought that we’d eventually rediscover how to win at home and how to keep clean sheets and once we did, we’d be alright, but, after yesterday, I really do have my doubts about the clean sheet part - we’re going down if we play out the rest of the season needing to score two, or more, to win.

We’ve seemed obsessed recently with trying to work out a way of being better going forward but have not addressed the major issue of the defence which is getting worse. We need a few dull 0-0 draws and start picking up some points but have no faith we can keep a clean sheet

5-6 wins will probably be enough given how low the bar is this season.
    Sooner the better !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    5-6 wins will probably be enough given how low the bar is this season.
    Sooner the better !
    Be lucky to get 5/6 draws the way we are playing nevermind 5/6 wins

Our remaining fixtures include Barnsley away, Peterborough home, Reading away and Derby home and away. We really need to be winning most of them (and not losing any).

If Derby lose more players next week or go under then I reckon as low as 40 points will be enough to stay up

A mathematical look:

48 points is the average number of points for survival since 1990. That would mean we need 25 from 20 games at 1.25 a game as opposed to our current rate of 0.88. That's nearly an increase of a third.

However, Barnsley can't buy a win and look doomed. Peterborough are getting worse results than us, losing 8 of their last 11, averaging 0.45 points a game. Derby are supposedly doomed with all the players they're supposed to be losing. Reading have lost 10 of their last 15 and, over that period, are averaging 0.6 points a game.

Morison has been in charge of us over a similar timescale as those used for Peterborough and Reading. We've lost 6 of the 12 league games he's taken but we've won 3. We're 6 without a win in the league but we're averaging a point a game under Morison.

Let's assume Peterborough and Reading continue their current form. Peterborough would finish on 28 points, Reading on 33. Goodness knows about Derby. They might not get to 40 points or even exist.

I reckon we could be looking at an all time low points tally. Only twice since 1990 has 41 been enough for survival. It's almost impossible to predict mathematically, but I reckon we could even be looking as low as the mid 30 points for survival, assuming Derby don't survive.