+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol toilets smashed

Bristol toilets smashed

I've just got back from the Bristol game, and I'm pretty disappointed. Not just in the result, but in the actions of a group of idiots who thought it was okay to completely demolish the gents toilets in the away end. I hoped our fans were better than that.
    Sinks and pipes were ripped off the walls, the suspended ceiling was brought down, with metal rods, insulation and broken tiles everywhere, the electric wiring was ripped out and hanging down - it looked like a bomb had gone off in there. What sinks were still intact were overflowing, as the plugholes were blocked and the taps forced open. There was water everywhere.
    Okay, some will say it's just fun and games, but if someone did this to our away end, you'd never hear the end of it. It was appalling behaviour, and whoever did it should be ashamed. Rant over.

Re: Bristol toilets smashed

The result, the mural and this. Not a great day for our club and its PR. F*ck me we make life difficult for ourselves.

Pathetic behaviour, embarrassing

Add that to the bunch of muppets who gathered for a punch up before the game, I foresee a bubble trip next season with a reduced allocation. Great....

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've just got back from the Bristol game, and I'm pretty disappointed. Not just in the result, but in the actions of a group of idiots who thought it was okay to completely demolish the gents toilets in the away end. I hoped our fans were better than that.
    Sinks and pipes were ripped off the walls, the suspended ceiling was brought down, with metal rods, insulation and broken tiles everywhere, the electric wiring was ripped out and hanging down - it looked like a bomb had gone off in there. What sinks were still intact were overflowing, as the plugholes were blocked and the taps forced open. There was water everywhere.
    Okay, some will say it's just fun and games, but if someone did this to our away end, you'd never hear the end of it. It was appalling behaviour, and whoever did it should be ashamed. Rant over.
    Steve Borley had to apologise to their directors post match and we will be sent the bill

More embarrassment.

sh!t post

Don’t suppose anyone has any pics of vids of the damage?

Mindless chavs.

The club which is clearly skint enough will just end up footing the bill.

The club will be billed for the damage and rightly so.
    A few handbags drawn and a bit of posturing in the park after the game aswell.
    Idiots

Dreadful! Mindless twats

Struggling to understand the thought process of these morons.

The stupid thing is that the club will just be billed for it. Even if they weren't it would be equally stupid but they are literally costing their own club money.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    sh!t post
    Something to do with The 'Bristol Stool Chart' would've worked better.

Had to help a young lad who was with his mum as it was pitch black in there about 20 mins before kick off and looked like a bomb site then saw an old guy having a piss in the stand near the end which went near a group of fans who weren't happy. Embarrassing really, same fans will be the first to moan when its a bubble next season.

Disgraceful

Disgraceful

I guess the turnstiles survived though ? ? ?

If they somehow catch them, they should send them the bill and ban them for life.
    There’s no place in our club for mindless idiots.

I hope they ban the Wurzel who threw a flare into our fans, too. Couldn't see a thing for a few minutes* and not good for the lungs.
    * some may say we were blessed by this intervention!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Disgraceful

I guess the turnstiles survived though ? ? ?
    Is that a reference to 1989? One of the perpetrators got a 4 stretch for throwing a concrete block at a police officer. That was a very dangerous day.

Ashton Gate was a breath of fresh air for me today. Bristol City deserve to be commended for their outside fanzone style atmosphere and the welcome offered to me and my son in all areas. We had space around us in the stand and access to a pitchside snack bar.

It was disappointing then to hear about the toilets being smashed and to see young lads having their collar felt for anti social behaviour outside the ground. 15 - 20 year olds giving it large and thinking they have the right to be offensive.

Also seeing middle to late aged men with rage in their eyes towards other similar aged men because they support another football team. One in particular was right in the face of a Bristol City fan for no reason other than machismo was trying to intimidate and provoke a fella who was with his young son.

I know Bristol have caused enough trouble themselves at times but it was some of our lot who disappointed today under the stands and when in contact with the locals.

Is there any chance of the Trust organising a whip-round from us, even if only as a token gesture towards the cost of repairing the damage? It would go someway to restoring the reputation of CCFC supporters.

I'd be happy to chip in but I'd be a bit wary of sending money directly to the club as it might simply disappear into the general coffers and not be specifically ring-fenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Is that a reference to 1989? One of the perpetrators got a 4 stretch for throwing a concrete block at a police officer. That was a very dangerous day.
    Did you know that throwing concrete by City fans goes back to the early days of Ninian Park. I'll have to look it up but there was a match where supporters had a right go at each other and this was in the 1920s I think. Concrete was the weapon of choice. I'm sure there'll be someone along soon on here who knows the history better than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Ashton Gate was a breath of fresh air for me today. Bristol City deserve to be commended for their outside fanzone style atmosphere and the welcome offered to me and my son in all areas. We had space around us in the stand and access to a pitchside snack bar.

It was disappointing then to hear about the toilets being smashed and to see young lads having their collar felt for anti social behaviour outside the ground. 15 - 20 year olds giving it large and thinking they have the right to be offensive.

Also seeing middle to late aged men with rage in their eyes towards other similar aged men because they support another football team. One in particular was right in the face of a Bristol City fan for no reason other than machismo was trying to intimidate and provoke a fella who was with his young son.

I know Bristol have caused enough trouble themselves at times but it was some of our lot who disappointed today under the stands and when in contact with the locals.
    It's really good to hear something positive, Michael and I'm really pleased you and your son had a great welcome. Glad you posted that news as it's been a grim day.