+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol toilets smashed

Re: Bristol toilets smashed

I read this, this morning and it genuinely surprised me.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/60056492

We all know each club has its beauts and headers but I thought it had died a death and most 'lads' decked out in the gear were just posturing or caught up in the image?

Also thought the police had it all under control?

As if the team wasn't embarrassing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Did you know that throwing concrete by City fans goes back to the early days of Ninian Park. I'll have to look it up but there was a match where supporters had a right go at each other and this was in the 1920s I think. Concrete was the weapon of choice. I'm sure there'll be someone along soon on here who knows the history better than I do.
    That made me laugh, we had nutters back in the 20's

[QUOTE=Citizen's Nephew;5267103]The result, the mural and this. Not a great day for our club and its PR. F*ck me we make life difficult for ourselves.[/QUOTE
    ]

Not sure the mural has anything to do with our club in terms of it being painted over and McDonald's have agreed to restore it apparently

As for the damage to toilets and the jumping up and down in the park by opposition fans, there is always this underlying tension with our away support when they travel in numbers but I'm sure someone is already writing a book about it or contributing chapters to it about how "it went off" and "there's one and a half of us and four hundred of them but we stood our ground" blah blah blah

Youngsters I suppose will always misbehave in numbers but the older ones - what a waste of sperm

Always pathetic and always will be

Someone will probably blame Tan though

Did you know that throwing concrete by City fans goes back to the early days of Ninian Park. I'll have to look it up but there was a match where supporters had a right go at each other and this was in the 1920s I think. Concrete was the weapon of choice. I'm sure there'll be someone along soon on here who knows the history better than I do.
    Yup, I was there during this time, it was horrible to witness.

First Team

What is wrong with people?

I have often taken the piss out of my fellow Americans for their failure to support their teams, sing songs, and generate any real atmosphere. But I have to admit I've never been at an American sports event where I feared for my safety or mindless idiots committed acts of random vandalism.

Do they brag to their mates about how they gave a urinal a good kicking at Bristol City? Pathetic.

First Team

One more thought occurs on this topic.

Remember that glorious night when little Wales battered the mighty Belgians? And how did the Belgian fans react? There were countless accounts and videos of them applauding the Red Wall as they walked alongside them. When I see a game Belgium play in I have soft spot for them because of that.

What impression does a bunch of mindless urinal smashers leave? No wonder a lot of fans of other teams have no time for Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    That made me laugh, we had nutters back in the 20's
    no doubt eric will be along asking what was the record for throwing a lump of 1920s concrete

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Is there any chance of the Trust organising a whip-round from us, even if only as a token gesture towards the cost of repairing the damage? It would go someway to restoring the reputation of CCFC supporters.

I'd be happy to chip in but I'd be a bit wary of sending money directly to the club as it might simply disappear into the general coffers and not be specifically ring-fenced.
    Obviously not a popular idea then. Apart from hand-wringing on this forum, any other (constructive) ideas as to what reconciliatory gestures could be made to Bristol City FC from genuinely upset City supporters?

Obviously not a popular idea then. Apart from hand-wringing on this forum, any other (constructive) ideas as to what reconciliatory gestures could be made to Bristol City FC from genuinely upset City supporters?
    A positive and proactive move by the club - well done them

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...amage-22844406

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

Wouldn't they have to pay the damage anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Wouldn't they have to pay the damage anyway?
    Probably but at least they have been proactive about it - that's all I was trying to say

We have always had an element of idiots amoungst get us sadly

Probably but at least they have been proactive about it - that's all I was trying to say
    Gotcha

Lovely sound bites going on in this thread - what I’m not hearing is fans who witnessed it someone must have seen or heard them doing it..maybe we need to start policing our own fans.

That's the club - it's no less than I would expect. I'm talking about us, the supporters.

Hold on, I know we're all a bit.long in the tooth on here but .... 😁

That's the club - it's no less than I would expect. I'm talking about us, the supporters.
    Appreciate that wasn't necessarily relying direct to your post but more because it was the latest one - so apologies for that

Apparrently there is footage of it happening and so if they can identify those that did it they can pay - might mean they have to go without drugs or beer for a few weeks as I assume they were either high or drunk as surely no sober person would do it.

...might mean they have to go without drugs or beer for a few weeks as I assume they were either high or drunk as surely no sober person would do it.
    Well, there was certainly plenty of the old Columbian marching powder around, in the away end.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    We have always had an element of idiots amongst get us sadly
    The club need to ensure these types are banned and anyone who supplies them a way to flout the ban should also be banned.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-60104844

Well, there goes the transfer budget!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    looks like a poorly suspended ceiling tbh

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-60104844

Well, there goes the transfer budget!
    We had a transfer budget??

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Well, there was certainly plenty of the old Columbian marching powder around, in the away end.
    There is a massive cocaine problem at the City. I see it every game at half-time in the toilets.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I've just got back from the Bristol game, and I'm pretty disappointed. Not just in the result, but in the actions of a group of idiots who thought it was okay to completely demolish the gents toilets in the away end. I hoped our fans were better than that.
    Sinks and pipes were ripped off the walls, the suspended ceiling was brought down, with metal rods, insulation and broken tiles everywhere, the electric wiring was ripped out and hanging down - it looked like a bomb had gone off in there. What sinks were still intact were overflowing, as the plugholes were blocked and the taps forced open. There was water everywhere.
    Okay, some will say it's just fun and games, but if someone did this to our away end, you'd never hear the end of it. It was appalling behaviour, and whoever did it should be ashamed. Rant over.
    I am appalled by the behaviour these morons, of those that stood by and watched and those think it was an ok thing todo.
    There are no excuses.
    Reading through this thread there are suggestions of drugs and alcohol being a contributing factor. In which case action should be taken to reduce the impact of both.
    It is bad enough that our club is heading in the wrong direction on the field after many years of relative success. During that time the reputation of our fans also reached new and well deserved heights. I’d like to maintain that whatever league we are in.