Where do you focus your attention on a team that is clearly not good enough throughout the squad?

Despite thinking he could do things better in terms of the formation and some comments he's made post-match, I actually have a lot of sympathy for Morison. The squad has been completely drained of any flair, creativity and general quality by previous regimes and he's been left to pick up the pieces. We have a defence that is consistently wide open through the middle (strange problem to have for a team with 3 CBs), a midfield that is slow and laboured, with a forward line that lacks any cutting edge.

How many of the following would get into a top half Championship side?

Flint, Nelson, Ng, Pack, Harris who all started today among a whole host of others in the squad. The answer is 0.

Something that is even more worrying is the amount of work needed on the squad in the summer. Those contracted to the club beyond this year:

Dillon Phillips

Curtis Nelson
Perry Ng
Mark McGuiness
Joel Bagan

Ryan Wintle
Tom Sang
Leandro Bacuna
Sam Bowen
Rubin Colwill
Kieron Evans

Kieffer Moore
James Collins
Mark Harris
Max Watters

Now that is a squad that truly terrifies me for a club with no money! I guess what I'm asking is, is it as much as a disaster if we DID get relegated and were forced to truly reset? Of course I think we should throw everything at staying up and certainly not advocating that it's a good thing, but would it be as disastrous as it seems on the face of it?