Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
His comments sound like the type of things you might say about U23 players internally. It's as though he's made no adjustment whatsoever to the fact he's talking about senior players under a huge media spotlight.

I disagree with Bothroyd's Diving Coach in terms of this squad not being good enough, it should be more than good enough to stay in this league. It seems as though senior players and the coaching and management team as a whole are not stepping up to lead us away from trouble.

I thought we looked good at times today with the ball, dominating territory and creating some half-decent chances. Doyle is clearly going to be a Premier League player very soon, he looked very comfortable given it was his first game in the Championship. I also thought Collins offered a bit more today, linking better with others and not as anonymous as in previous games I've seen. Without the ball sadly, we are comical and utterly clueless.

The system doesn't work, the selections and subs are weird. I'm not a fan of binning managers but I think in this case a change would improve our chances of staying up, provided it was the right person.
You are of course entitled to your opinion but I think it's lunacy to suggest the squad is good enough, 23 points from 26 games (good for relegation zone without the points deductions). There are certainly some senior individuals who ARE good enough for this division; Smithies, Ralls, Wintle, Moore, Collins, the loanees with also promising youngsters coming through. However, the youngsters are clearly too inconsistent at this point in their careers to be relied upon and the rest of the squad, particularly at the back, are either too old, or just generally not good enough.