+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

NFL Playoffs

This is the first season I've followed the NFL from the beginning of the season and I'm really enjoying the playoffs so far. This Bengals v Titans game already looks like it's going to be a cracker.

Anybody following it and supporting a specific team?

I've not really picked one team to follow but I like the Rams' kit (for obvious reasons) so hoping they do well.

Re: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
    I've not really picked one team to follow but I like the Rams' kit (for obvious reasons) so hoping they do well.
    I'm just imagining what the feelings on here would be towards someone saying this about say Man Utd

(I quite like the Bengals for the same reason )

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm just imagining what the feelings on here would be towards someone saying this about say Man Utd

(I quite like the Bengals for the same reason )
    Same here with the Bengals! I'd say they're my second team for this reason

It's probably going to be Rodgers versus who cares? I'd like to see the Bills win. But I can't see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's probably going to be Rodgers versus who cares? I'd like to see the Bills win. But I can't see it happening.
    Not the biggest fan of NFL but tune in a little to follow the postseason and generally watch the Super Bowl.

I do have a soft spot for the Bills. Have a few friends from Buffalo who were young during that 4 years in a row Super Bowl losses, immortalised in that Ice Cube line. Would love for them to do it once for them.

Tom Brady will be happy this morning.

Tom Brady will be happy this morning.
    He’s not very happy at the moment. ‘Mon the Rams!

He’s not very happy at the moment. ‘Mon the Rams!
    A whole 1/4 to go. Don't write Brady off yet

Level

42 seconds to go.

Wow. Rams win with a last kick field goal.

That’s was good

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

That’s was good
    What a finish. Amazing stuff.

Best team win but god they tried their best not to

Chiefs offensive line again looking like they’re crumbling, wonder how long Mahomes will keep dragging them out of the trenches, you can’t scramble and make plays for 4 quarters

First Team

The NFL have jiggered with the wildcards recently but that has made it conceivable the 49ers could get to the Superbowl as the third placed team in the NFC West. I'm not that knowledgeable of NFL history but I'd guess that may be the first time ever.

Go Cards. Yeah, I know we put up the performance last week of a scratch team that met in the carpark. I'm beginning to believe you can't have a nervous dwarf as your QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

That’s was good
    Absolutely amazing. I wanted the bucs to win. To be honest the didnt deserve to, they were nowhere for 75% of the game. But the NFL seems to cook up these incredible games, time after time. That fourth quarter was pure theatre. I defy anybody to watch that and not enjoy it. Even if you don't know the rules, the drama is obvious. And it was destined to be a great game, despite the fact that it looked like a non event for the first 3 qquartwrs becUse we all know that Brady is superhuman. It wasn't really him that provided the drama, rather the rams crumbling from nowhere. But these games are stories, the momentum swings so often and so far. Amazing stuff.

This is the first season I've followed the NFL from the beginning of the season and I'm really enjoying the playoffs so far. This Bengals v Titans game already looks like it's going to be a cracker.

Anybody following it and supporting a specific team?

I follow the colts - they remind me a bit of city - this year they only had to win their last game against a team that a team that hadn't won for about 7 games and I think had only won twice all season - and in true city fashion they lost ( badly ).

And if the first game was good....

Wow. The bills / chiefs game was amazing. Well worth staying up to watch that ending

American football, bloody hell!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I follow the colts - they remind me a bit of city - this year they only had to win their last game against a team that a team that hadn't won for about 7 games and I think had only won twice all season - and in true city fashion they lost ( badly ).
    Giving up a first round pick for Carson Wentz was a huge mistake

Looking good for the Chiefs now. I'll be rooting for the Rams though. Matthew Stafford and Copper Kupp won me my fantasy league.

Looking good for the Chiefs now. I'll be rooting for the Rams though. Matthew Stafford and Copper Kupp won me my fantasy league.
    They've lost their last 6 against the 49ers. I have a feeling they'll break that streak next Sunday. Hope not though, been following the red and gold since 84.

This weekend was easily the best group of 4 games I've seen for drama and close finishes.

Giving up a first round pick for Carson Wentz was a huge mistake
    Sure looks that way!

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The NFL have jiggered with the wildcards recently but that has made it conceivable the 49ers could get to the Superbowl as the third placed team in the NFC West. I'm not that knowledgeable of NFL history but I'd guess that may be the first time ever.

Go Cards. Yeah, I know we put up the performance last week of a scratch team that met in the carpark. I'm beginning to believe you can't have a nervous dwarf as your QB.
    Wildcard format was expanded by one team last season. The only difference this season was the extra regular season game. The 9ers were seeded 6 out of 7 so they would have got in under the old format. I'm not sure if 3 have qualified from one division before but the divisions are really lopsided, that's the problem as I see it. The NFC West has been tough for years, I'm glad to see Arizona doing well as opposed to the Seahawks. Followed Kyler from his rookie season. Been a 49er fan since 1984 though through thick and thin

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    They've lost their last 6 against the 49ers. I have a feeling they'll break that streak next Sunday. Hope not though, been following the red and gold since 84.

This weekend was easily the best group of 4 games I've seen for drama and close finishes.
    Sports talk radio was going nuts today. The consensus was that it was the best weekend of football ever. A lot of debate about overtime rules though. And clock management. Buffalo does a squib kick and Kansas doesn't have time to get those plays off.

Sports talk radio was going nuts today. The consensus was that it was the best weekend of football ever. A lot of debate about overtime rules though. And clock management. Buffalo does a squib kick and Kansas doesn't have time to get those plays off.
    Both fair points I think. After all that it seemed fair to give the Bills a shot with the ball, and I didn't think about the kick off. Hindsight mind, with 13 seconds left 99% of the time it's over .....

Even after the dust has settled I'd say that it was the best quartet of games ever. I liked the contrast too, two defensive grinds on Saturday and then bonkers shoot outs on Sunday. Every game finishing with a game winning score. Can't really ask for much more drama than that