Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
I didn’t think he’d dropped off in form in recent weeks, he wasn’t turning it on in every game, but he hadn’t been doing that earlier in the season either - for me, he was just showing that bit of inconsistency you’d see from a young player coming into the first team in sides that aren’t fighting a relegation battle.

I think you make a fair point about a sense of anti climax about finding themselves back playing at Leckwith in front of one man and his dog. There’s been stacks of games down the years where a City reserve team with plenty of first teamers in it for one reason or another has been pretty awful and it’s accepted that this is because, for example, the last thing they want is an injury which will rule them out for weeks or months, so why shouldn’t it be the same for players such as Colwill, Evans, Bowen and Bagan?
I think that there's been a fair bit of expectation put on colwill, but through good will as opposed to critical and high expectation. I can't recall the last creative player that came through to show some promise, and after what we have endured in footballing terms over the past ten years or so, seeing a player like colwill or Davies is the footballing equivalent (for us) of the return of the red squirrel south of Yorkshire for nature enthusiast's! I hope that he and others do not stagnate, it's a very difficult situation that they've been thrust into. Inexperienced manager and a change of style with players with little or no ability to implement it