+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Still in trauma after yesterday

Still in trauma after yesterday

That high when we scored, after playing quite well, to the Bristol goal seconds later. The team clearly never recovered from that, I certainly haven't almost 24 hrs later.
    I dont know the answer. Morison is certainly trying to effect change, but shows surprising naivety from a guy with his Championship experience. Unless he is able to sort his defence out,either by change of formation or players we will be relegated.
    I'll give him a fortnight. If no improvement I hate to say this but I think
    WARNOCK SHOULD RETURN
    🤨

Re: Still in trauma after yesterday

I agree that yesterday was a tough watch, but our opening goal showed the potential for forward play that we were lacking under MM. There's much less pointless lumping of the ball and we've seen the potential of the younger players. What we don't need, in my opinion, is a knee jerk reaction by going back to someone like Warnock. He did a great job overall but left us with an ageing squad, way too many contracts ending at the same time and virtually no thought towards youth policy. What we have now is a better style of play, younger players being brought on fairly carefully and seemingly good quality loans. Patience is what is needed

We still have the aimless and worthless long throw and players who are just not able to control the ball. I haven’t got time to write about the defence.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I agree that yesterday was a tough watch, but our opening goal showed the potential for forward play that we were lacking under MM. There's much less pointless lumping of the ball and we've seen the potential of the younger players. What we don't need, in my opinion, is a knee jerk reaction by going back to someone like Warnock. He did a great job overall but left us with an ageing squad, way too many contracts ending at the same time and virtually no thought towards youth policy. What we have now is a better style of play, younger players being brought on fairly carefully and seemingly good quality loans. Patience is what is needed
    Whatever happens, definitely NOT Warnock. He and the board are responsible for where we find ourselves now. If we got him back here it would set us back even further and destroy even the tiniest signs of green roots in our squad.

The board rarely gets anything right but this time it's crucial. I think longer term we need a younger, reasonably experienced and in my opinion foreign manager who can gradually develop the squad into a modern footballing outfit. To get to that stage Tan and the board would have to agree not to interfere in the project apart from providing the necessary investment. Without that agreement I cannot see a quality manager coming here.

In the interim it looks like a temporary manager will be needed quickly but it must be one who will not make the longer term transition even harder to achieve. I just think the board should avoid any knee jerk cheapy cheapy option and pull it's finger out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Whatever happens, definitely NOT Warnock. He and the board are responsible for where we find ourselves now. If we got him back here it would set us back even further and destroy even the tiniest signs of green roots in our squad.

The board rarely gets anything right but this time it's crucial. I think longer term we need a younger, reasonably experienced and in my opinion foreign manager who can gradually develop the squad into a modern footballing outfit. To get to that stage Tan and the board would have to agree not to interfere in the project apart from providing the necessary investment. Without that agreement I cannot see a quality manager coming here.

In the interim it looks like a temporary manager will be needed quickly but it must be one who will not make the longer term transition even harder to achieve. I just think the board should avoid any knee jerk cheapy cheapy option and pull it's finger out.
    Someone with Championship managerial experience would be able to get us out of the hole. Warnock is the standout candidate till the end of season.

Does anyone have Lennie Lawrence's number?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Does anyone have Lennie Lawrence's number?
    Wouldn't go that far. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Someone with Championship managerial experience would be able to get us out of the hole.
    Really, someone like McCarthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I take your point Eric, but Morison is showing a naivety that is surprising given his Championship experience. And I don't care what people say, relegation would be a disaster for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Now that's just being silly.
    Neil Harris for me.

Re the OP, Jez does have a point.
    I'm not one for sacking managers but Champ survival is an absolute must so even if we did show SM the door, we should get a manager bounce seeing us safe.

I hope I am wrong but after this latest loss, against a bang average team, I'm of the opinion Morison doesn't know his arse from his elbow after successfully blooding a couple of youngsters, then berating them in public, semi-apologising, replacing them with the old failures, and then having a pop at them all, questioning their heart.

The way our defence parted like the Red Sea yesterday, for the umpteenth time this season, was shocking and they will see us relegated if things don't change PDQ.

we def do not want worncock