+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Watters and Collins?

Watters and Collins?

I'll be honest i haven't seen Watters play or know what type of striker he is so i'll ask on here.
    Could Watters and Collins be played upfront together or are they to much alike?

Re: Watters and Collins?

I think your okay description fits a lot of our strikers and players, it's finding a playing style within their means that will bring results.

Hopefully our anti vax main striker will be next for Forest.
    Apart from that Harris is best employed towards the end of the game, as a starter he is useless.
    Collins and Watters together? Possibly. Watters seems more if a poacher than a target man. Might do ok with Collins.

If we don't sell Moore, he has to play. Alongside him should be someone who knows how to latch on to knockdowns - someone quick and nimble. Collins is similar to Moore, but without his physical presence, so maybe Watters is the answer. Or perhaps Davies.

If Drameh is to play on the right, we need someone other than Ng on the left. Perry is a decent enough player, but he's a defender primarily, he's right footed, and he can't beat a man and cross the ball. If Giles comes back, he drops straight into that position. If not, we need someone who can play on the left. Davies is right-footed, but he's shown he can do that job if needed - he could be an option. We have to get the ball into the box, and from both sides.

Our midfield should be made up of Wintle, Doyle, Ralls, plus one more (Colwill?). Thing is, Colwill is looking a bit of a luxury player, and will probably sit on the bench.

Defence - goodness, where do you start? Why are they making so many basic errors? It's not like they have no experience. Sadly Morrison, Flint and Nelson seem to be all out of sorts at the moment (to say the least). When three of your defenders struggle, then you're in trouble. Maybe this is where we need to strengthen.

Sadly, the only way to buy, is if someone goes - and that someone is likely to be Moore. I'd hate to see him go, but if allows us to sign two or three decent defenders, well, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    If we don't sell Moore, he has to play. Alongside him should be someone who knows how to latch on to knockdowns - someone quick and nimble. Collins is similar to Moore, but without his physical presence, so maybe Watters is the answer. Or perhaps Davies.

If Drameh is to play on the right, we need someone other than Ng on the left. Perry is a decent enough player, but he's a defender primarily, he's right footed, and he can't beat a man and cross the ball. If Giles comes back, he drops straight into that position. If not, we need someone who can play on the left. Davies is right-footed, but he's shown he can do that job if needed - he could be an option. We have to get the ball into the box, and from both sides.

Our midfield should be made up of Wintle, Doyle, Ralls, plus one more (Colwill?). Thing is, Colwill is looking a bit of a luxury player, and will probably sit on the bench.

Defence - goodness, where do you start? Why are they making so many basic errors? It's not like they have no experience. Sadly Morrison, Flint and Nelson seem to be all out of sorts at the moment (to say the least). When three of your defenders struggle, then you're in trouble. Maybe this is where we need to strengthen.

Sadly, the only way to buy, is if someone goes - and that someone is likely to be Moore. I'd hate to see him go, but if allows us to sign two or three decent defenders, well, so be it.
    I'd rather Bagan instead of NG and Nelson to be dropped in favour of another midfielder to go alongside Wintle, Ralls and Doyle, maybe Sang

Thing is, Colwill is looking a bit of a luxury player, and will probably sit on the bench.
    The last time we won a game without Colwill playing was the second game of the season. He's been incredibly influential in most of those wins, too. His absence is the most curious for me. We have so few potential difference makers, to continuously ignore one, I just can't understand. He's young, inexperienced and makes mistakes but I'd rather play him than Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The last time we won a game without Colwill playing was the second game of the season. He's been incredibly influential in most of those wins, too. His absence is the most curious for me. We have so few potential difference makers, to continuously ignore one, I just can't understand. He's young, inexperienced and makes mistakes but I'd rather play him than Vaulks, Pack and Bacuna.
    I agree. Madness that he wasn't even in the squad yesterday (unless he was injured of course). Colwill makes most mistakes, but so does everyone else, and I can't imagine Pack/Vaulks/Bacuna doing what Colwill did at Forest

Morison's been moving away from using the youngsters despite them being the only players who have shown they may be capable of implementing the style he apparently wants to play. He whinges about seniors "not caring" (which is bollocks) but then picks them the week after rather than giving a run of games to local boys who've been at this club for most of their live, if anyone's going to care, it's them.

I don't buy the idea that they can't be relied upon, they've not been any worse than the seniors that continually get picked and at times the youngsters have been far better. Like you said Colwill has been key in most of our wins this season, and do we beat Huddersfield without Isaak Davies? I really doubt it.

I’d give Watters a chance. Took his goal well and seems to have a bit of pace. He’s a natural goal scorer.

Agree with the rest. I also don’t think our defenders are THAT bad. Just really badly organised !

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    I’d give Watters a chance. Took his goal well and seems to have a bit of pace. He’s a natural goal scorer.

Agree with the rest. I also don’t think our defenders are THAT bad. Just really badly organised !
    Watters has pace? That's some good news

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I'd rather Bagan instead of NG and Nelson to be dropped in favour of another midfielder to go alongside Wintle, Ralls and Doyle, maybe Sang
    So 4 centre midfielders?

I'd hope we would have another forward option by end of the window. Be shocked if Kieffer is still here also; think the club will take a reasonable offer for him if one comes up and someone will be desparate.

I've no idea what out best team is. But if we can get Giles back then I would like us to continue with this formation but we can't keep playing 3 lumps at CB; I'd be tempted to try and put Ng in there as a short-term gap unless we can get someone else in or if there's someone else in the 23s who could do a similar job. At least he can move and had a yard of pace.

Watters should start next week though for sure. Great header for goal on Saturday