+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Highway Code changes.

Re: Highway Code changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The average length of time it takes to read a JamesWales post is longer than that! Mr J!
    Average

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Average
    🤙🚲🛴🦼🦽🛵🏍

If someone is late for dropping their kids off for school because there is a cyclist on the road it isn’t the cyclists fault is it?

Getting wound up and angry about it is pathetic, the number one reason I wouldn’t cycle on the roads. Immature idiots who should know better getting wound up and not knowing how to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If someone is late for dropping their kids off for school because there is a cyclist on the road it isn’t the cyclists fault is it?

Getting wound up and angry about it is pathetic, the number one reason I wouldn’t cycle on the roads. Immature idiots who should know better getting wound up and not knowing how to drive.
    It may or may not be pathetic, but it's a part of life, and someone being late because someone else is tootling along and not allowing people to pass will still encourage more rage, stress and incidents.

Better to live in the real world!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    It may or may not be pathetic, but it's a part of life, and someone being late because someone else is tootling along and not allowing people to pass will still encourage more rage, stress and incidents.

Better to live in the real world!
    Given the amount of space drivers should leave when overtaking cyclists, your rage should be directed at vehicles on the opposite side of the road, preventing you from overtaking, and not at the cyclists themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Given the amount of space drivers should leave when overtaking cyclists, your rage should be directed at vehicles on the opposite side of the road, preventing you from overtaking, and not at the cyclists themselves.
    It's not rage...it's trying to prevent rage.

Cars on the other side of the road aren't holding anyone up though are they, whereas a cyclist in the middle of the lane going slowly, quite possibly is.

Don't pretend it's not an issue. It is. It may be arsehole drivers or cyclist being obstinate - point is, we all need to share the roads, and courtesy is needed on all sides, and if someone can safely cycle to the side, they should - and 95% will.

With the building of new houses close by, the very narrow road which takes you from Pentrebane to St Fagans was getting busier at the time I moved from the area four years ago. That road had stretches where it was impossible for cars driving in different directions to pass each other and it was often a tight squeeze where they could. Similarly, the busy road from St Fagans level crossing up to Culverhouse Cross is very narrow in places. On both roads there is no pavement and yet it's not that unusual to come across people walking along both roads (I've done it myself a few times).

Furthermore, it's not very unusual to come across people riding horses on the Pentrebane to St Fagans road - is the expectation that any car that is behind a pedestrian or horse rider on that stretch of road should remain so for the whole of the mile or so before the road widens a bit? Good luck with that when it means that, in my experience, it takes about fifteen to twenty minutes to walk that stretch.

They can change the Highway code as much as they like - no one enforces the road rules anymore, apart from parking. I ain't been pulled over for a good 35 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    They can change the Highway code as much as they like - no one enforces the road rules anymore, apart from parking. I ain't been pulled over for a good 35 years.
    How regularly are you breaking the law?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Just in case Delmbox wants to know where I've been between 15:34 and 23:27...... I've been in work.
    I honestly didn't know you were this sensitive I will never tease you again

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    How regularly are you breaking the law?
    A routine check now and again keeps things in order imho…wasn’t so long ago one of our Merthyr Bluebirds was killed on A470 - inquest stated no seatbelt and minimum tyre tread, maybe a pull might have saved his life. It was very sad.

Next task is to get cyclists off the pavements and pedestrian areas

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    A routine check now and again keeps things in order imho…wasn’t so long ago one of our Merthyr Bluebirds was killed on A470 - inquest stated no seatbelt and minimum tyre tread, maybe a pull might have saved his life. It was very sad.
    That is sad, and while I don't want to sound insensitive, I wouldn't blame the authorities and police for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Next task is to get cyclists off the pavements and pedestrian areas
    Isn't it sad you feel you need to hide behind a wall to say this I know your joking but in reality that the state of our society now

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Isn't it sad you feel you need to hide behind a wall to say this I know your joking but in reality that the state of our society now
    eh?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You do know that isn’t me behind the wall………don’t you?