+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Volunteers Needed For Ukraine Conflict

Re: Volunteers Needed For Ukraine Conflict

I'm sure that there are British troops in Estonia and Poland, or there certainly were until very recently.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Sorry, I'll be with the Ruskies..
    No Xmas cards for you next year then from the Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I agree, I think we needed to either stand up to them or be more welcoming to them to bring them into the fold more as an equal partner - which without doubt they make very difficult.

I dont know what the answer is here. Eastern Ukraine is very Russian. Linguistically at least. But south east Wales is linguistically English, it doesn't mean people want to be a part of it.

I've assumed all along this is sabre rattling.
    We've found two volunteers in RJK and JamesWales who both believe Putin and the Russkies need putting in their place.

These two can represent the entire message board.

Can I suggest a crowd funding account to collect some money to send these two over when Rusdian MiGs are shooting missiles at all and sundry.decked out in Stone Island and a Soul Crew t shirt?

Get into them lads, we're all behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    who.said not to stand up to China?
    I've yet to see any political leader say anything negative about the worst genocide and ethnic cleansing since the war. Two million in concentration camps and we're all jollying off there for the Winter Olympics - BBC, Sky, the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Uk special forces are training the Ukrainian army we are not guarding the borders..
    Where did you get the info from?
    And Russian troops are on the border and ready to invade if given the command.
    So in your book, the Russians carrying out military manoeuvres well within their own borders is more aggressive than the UK sending Special Forces 1500 miles to the other side of the continent to train the Ukrainian army?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    We've found two volunteers in RJK and JamesWales who both believe Putin and the Russkies need putting in their place.

These two can represent the entire message board.

Can I suggest a crowd funding account to collect some money to send these two over when Rusdian MiGs are shooting missiles at all and sundry.decked out in Stone Island and a Soul Crew t shirt?

Get into them lads, we're all behind you.
    You missed the point where I said, OR we need to be more welcoming and bring them into the fold.

RJK can go to Donetsk. I choose to go to the spoons down the Bay with Putin and get smashed on 660ml bottles of Baltika for £3.29

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm sure that there are British troops in Estonia and Poland, or there certainly were until very recently.
    They are ,Biden considering of putting 5 k into the area .

Since 2014 13 thousand Ukraine deaths sadly doesn't get get a headline many civilians.

Lets not forget the innocents on Flight MH17 shot down over Ukraine fired by Russian-backed rebels.

It's the UK and Americans that have Troops on the borders of Russia and in Belarus I believe, Russia aren't really threatening us, it's the other way round from where I'm standing.
    Can you post some evidence thereof? Belarus, ruled by a pro-Russian despot, acts closely in cahoots with Russia and is, as far as I know, not somewhere where NATO troops are welcome or present.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
    So in your book, the Russians carrying out military manoeuvres well within their own borders is more aggressive than the UK sending Special Forces 1500 miles to the other side of the continent to train the Ukrainian army?
    yes, clearly.

Russia already illegally occupies The Crimea and a tranche of Eastern Ukraine. It would be sheer folly to be dismissive of the current presence of Russian troops on the Ukraine border.

Why not send our hooligan ‘fans’ who misbehaved on Saturday out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Can you post some evidence thereof? Belarus, ruled by a pro-Russian despot, acts closely in cahoots with Russia and is, as far as I know, not somewhere where NATO troops are welcome or present.
    I got that wrong, I meant Estonia

I'd agree with him if it's true that there's 100,000 troops amassing on the border of a country which they illegally annexed part of not long ago

Estonia is in NATO. Ukraine isn't. Enormous difference

I think that the Estonians, Latvians and Lithuanians are rather happy with the presence of Nato troops in the Baltic Region.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    I think that the Estonians, Latvians and Lithuanians are rather happy with the presence of Nato troops in the Baltic Region.
    Indeed. The older generation in those countries were brought upunder Soviet yoke and had to learn Russian whereas younger people learn English and look to the west.

Oh no Vitali Klitschko is gunning for Germany he's accused them of betrayal??

""" Former boxer and mayor of Kyiv says 'Putin sympathisers have seized political control on many issues' in Germany ""

Have to be fair he might have a point ??

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'd agree with him if it's true that there's 100,000 troops amassing on the border of a country which they illegally annexed part of not long ago
    That's fair enough. It was the implication that Russia are the aggressors here; That's clearly not the case judging by the hysterical Western media reporting of this so far. The fact that America is calling their $200m stockpile of weapons being transported to Ukraine as 'lethal aid' should be satire, but they're deadly serious, and the media are parroting that terminology.

From a Russian perspective, they are now being threatened by two nuclear superpowers who have described any potential conflict as a bloodbath; hardly diplomatic. They have warned NATO not to build up military forces inside Ukraine, which has been ignored. In their position, if they didn't start mobilising their military after that, it would be sheer incompetence, wouldn't it?

Think about how many American bases there are within striking distance of Russia right now.. do you think America would tolerate that type of military build-up and aggression over such a long period of time without pushing back occasionally? Same applies to China. America, supported by the ever-faithful UK has a constant need for war and to have an enemy. I just think it's important to remember the Western thirst for imperialism when looking at these situations.

Where did i say more aggressive?
    Tuerto said the Russians were not at the border all i said was they are.
    I didn't once say anyone was more aggressive .
    And whilst we are at it i don't see nothing wrong with the uk or Nato sending in special forces to help the Ukrainians.
    Some people read papers and watch the news and make their minds knowing little of what really is going on and what's needed.
    Thats not a pop at you i'm just saying

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Uk special forces are training the Ukrainian army we are not guarding the borders..
    Where did you get the info from?
    And Russian troops are on the border and ready to invade if given the command.
    That implies the Russians are taking the more aggressive stance.

We are "training the Ukrainian army" and "not guarding the borders" meanwhile "Russian troops are on the border and ready to invade".

We are "training the Ukrainian army" and "not guarding the borders" meanwhile "Russian troops are on the border and ready to invade".
    But i didn't say they were aggressive.
    If they start to invade then they will be aggressive.
    Anyway i'm won't be bickering on this topic

The difference here is that Russia has a history of invading neighbouring countries, and Ukraine in particular. They can shout all they like about NATO aggression, but it's not very likely that NATO will invade Russia. Why would they?
    But Russia invade Ukraine? Extremely likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Estonia is in NATO. Ukraine isn't. Enormous difference
    Yes, although there are still troops within distance of Russia and I suppose that Russia is concerned by this, and rightly so in my opinion. Nato was in effect, set up to counter Russia. I wonder how the West would feel if the situation was reversed.

Yes, although there are still troops within distance of Russia and I suppose that Russia is concerned by this, and rightly so in my opinion. Nato was in effect, set up to counter Russia. I wonder how the West would feel if the situation was reversed.
    I respect you has a decent poster but if you think Russia are not at fault here your tapped.

Of course Russia are the aggressors, they’ve nicked part of Ukraine already aswell as taking back crimea under the false guise of needing to for the Russians there. Ukraine people want protection from nato….why not?