+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Volunteers Needed For Ukraine Conflict

Re: Volunteers Needed For Ukraine Conflict

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Of course Russia are the aggressors, they’ve nicked part of Ukraine already aswell as taking back crimea under the false guise of needing to for the Russians there. Ukraine people want protection from nato….why not?
    Because Russia, understandably, don't want a neighbouring country joining an aggressive military alliance headed by superpowers that are hostile towards it and impose sanctions against it.

The British government is warmongering here. Liz Truss' comments on her visit to Australia have been described as "demented" by a former Australian Prime Minister when she suggested that Russia will invade Ukraine which will then lead China to invade Taiwan.

The British Foreign Office has accused Russia of plotting a coup to install a pro-Russian leader, when the Ukrainian people themselves previously elected a pro-Russian leader who was then overthrown by a US-backed coup in 2014. Doesn't make sense does it?

The Russians responded with "The misinformation spread by the British Foreign Office is another evidence that these are the NATO countries, led by the Anglo-Saxons, that are escalating tensions around Ukraine. We call on the British Foreign Office to stop provocative activities, stop spreading nonsense …"

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Holt View Post
    Because Russia, understandably, don't want a neighbouring country joining an aggressive military alliance headed by superpowers that are hostile towards it and impose sanctions against it.

The British government is warmongering here. Liz Truss' comments on her visit to Australia have been described as "demented" by a former Australian Prime Minister when she suggested that Russia will invade Ukraine which will then lead China to invade Taiwan.

The British Foreign Office has accused Russia of plotting a coup to install a pro-Russian leader, when the Ukrainian people themselves previously elected a pro-Russian leader who was then overthrown by a US-backed coup in 2014. Doesn't make sense does it?

The Russians responded with "The misinformation spread by the British Foreign Office is another evidence that these are the NATO countries, led by the Anglo-Saxons, that are escalating tensions around Ukraine. We call on the British Foreign Office to stop provocative activities, stop spreading nonsense …"
    It's almost like you don't believe in the right of self determination for a sovereign state and a neighbouring country is perfectly entitled to impose its will by force if necessary.

Bore off you absolute tit

How is nato aggressive? What’s ever been done to putin in an aggressive way? I’d love to know

It amazes me how some people are so anti West that they are willing to back dictatorships.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's almost like you don't believe in the right of self determination for a sovereign state and a neighbouring country is perfectly entitled to impose its will by force if necessary.
    I do, but diplomacy is a bit more complicated than that. Let's not get too self-righteous when accusing Russia of using force to bend other countries to its will when that's what the US/UK double act do to the majority of countries on the planet.

I'm not taking sides here, but the narrative portrayed by our government and its suckling corporate media that Putin is pure evil and the US/UK is playing the noble role of 'World Police' again is just so tiring and its frustrating that we are still blind to it. Haven't we learned anything from the accusations levelled at Iraq about WMD's, for example?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    How is nato aggressive?
    Yugoslavia. Afghanistan? Libya? It's hardly a peacekeeping force

I do, but diplomacy is a bit more complicated than that. Let's not get too self-righteous when accusing Russia of using force to bend other countries to its will when that's what the US/UK double act do to the majority of countries on the planet.

I'm not taking sides here, but the narrative portrayed by our government and its suckling corporate media that Putin is pure evil and the US/UK is playing the noble role of 'World Police' again is just so tiring and its frustrating that we are still blind to it. Haven't we learned anything from the accusations levelled at Iraq about WMD's, for example?
    What was America's response to Cuba inviting The Soviet Union to place missiles some 100 miles from Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What was America's response to Cuba inviting The Soviet Union to place missiles some 100 miles from Florida?
    Missiles able to deliver Nuclear Weapons?

Interesting take that amassing 100k troops on the border of another country is an act of diplomacy no matter how nuanced you thing that particular art is.

Russia has a long history of fear of invasion, justified in part by recent history and has always tried to create a set of satellite states between its borders and perceived aggressors. However the idea that NATO has ambitions to invade Russian territory in the same way that Napoleon and Hitler did is laughable.

Putin seems a competent dictator. Whether the Litvinenko, Skripal or Navalny families share your view on whether he is evil or not is a matter of conjecture I suppose.

Interesting take that amassing 100k troops on the border of another country is an act of diplomacy no matter how nuanced you thing that particular art is.

Russia has a long history of fear of invasion, justified in part by recent history and has always tried to create a set of satellite states between its borders and perceived aggressors. However the idea that NATO has ambitions to invade Russian territory in the same way that Napoleon and Hitler did is laughable.

Putin seems a competent dictator. Whether the Litvinenko, Skripal or Navalny families share your view on whether he is evil or not is a matter of conjecture I suppose.
    Yeah I think people all over the world thought Europe and the USA were on the verge of invading Russia….there really is some batshit people out there

However the idea that NATO has ambitions to invade Russian territory in the same way that Napoleon and Hitler did is laughable.
    Not quite what I said though, is it?

Anyway, tomorrow's news: UK = good. Russia = bad. Same the day after that.

Let's hope at least one side learns how to do diplomacy tonight and starts to de-escalate this shizz.

Simple solution to ease Russian fears - Russia joins Nato.

Let's hope at least one side learns how to do diplomacy tonight and starts to de-escalate this shizz.
    Using your standards, who said that?

International

I love that you talk all this while your avitar is a photo of someone wearing a US military uniform. Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I love that you talk all this while your avitar is a photo of someone wearing a US military uniform. Brilliant!
    that's a police Captain

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I think the eponymous poster's avatar is a New York City Police Captain from the comedy Brooklyn 99

For the avoidance of doubt, Rjk and I don't wake up together!

For the avoidance of doubt, Rjk and I don't wake up together!
    no, I get to have a lie in on Tuesdays while he makes breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    no, I get to have a lie in on Tuesdays while he makes breakfast
    Laverbread and cockles are a bugger to make as well. Don't worry your little secret is safe with me, mush!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You missed the point where I said, OR we need to be more welcoming and bring them into the fold.

RJK can go to Donetsk. I choose to go to the spoons down the Bay with Putin and get smashed on 660ml bottles of Baltika for £3.29
    I like your idea for diplomatic talks James.

Putin doesn't drink alcohol though, so it's a San Pelligrino for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I like your idea for diplomatic talks James.

Putin doesn't drink alcohol though, so it's a San Pelligrino for him.
    That's probably his ego problem. If he felt the moderate shame from the night before every so often - perhaps spent the odd Sunday just hiding from his phone and masking the memory of last night by going for a long walk then he wouldn't need to keep bullying Ukraine so much?

My go to read , anyone wanting to volunteer to help our Ukraine friends get out there

https://coffeeordie.com/

International

I think the eponymous poster's avatar is a New York City Police Captain from the comedy Brooklyn 99
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    Why not send our hooligan ‘fans’ who misbehaved on Saturday out there?
    Did you miss france ?