+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST. Match thread

I thought Doyle was head and shoulders above everyone, he sorted out our midfield, cancel that, he sorted out the whole side, proper footballer. The early goal fired up Hugill, what a confidence booster. His hold up play bought us so much time, very few aimless flick ons, more catching it on his chest to get total control. All in all a great weekend for us, even Derby’s late equaliser pales into insignificance now.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I thought Doyle was head and shoulders above everyone, he sorted out our midfield, cancel that, he sorted out the whole side, proper footballer. The early goal fired up Hugill, what a confidence booster. His hold up play bought us so much time, very few aimless flick ons, more catching it on his chest to get total control. All in all a great weekend for us, even Derby’s late equaliser pales into insignificance now.
    Top player, tenacious as well as technical

I can’t remember enjoying a game at CCS that much. Been so long. The new additions slotted in seamlessly. We were a top 6 side tonight. Atmosphere was top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You could have used Google, it would have taken seconds to find the answer.

Never understood why people ask basic questions on here that they could answer for themselves if they bothered to use a search engine. Very odd.
    Bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ng is left sided central defender. It's still 5 at the back or 3 if we're attacking.
    McGuinness played on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Delighted with the result and performance. No long throws either.

But ... thought ref was a 'homer'

Ralls may have been sent off early on if the game was in the PL or FA Cup (VAR)

Ditto for Vaulks late tackle on Grabban (played ball first but endangered an opponent with excessive force / follow through)

Forest goal as a result of Vaulks mistake (?)
    A Homer who didn’t give us a blatant penalty and allowed Forest’s goal despite a fairly obvious push by the scorer. Agree about the Ralls decision, we got lucky there, but don’t about the Vaulks one - Neil Warnock actually complimented the ref after the game for a good performance and, although he wasn’t perfect, I could see why Warnock said what he did.

Huge performance, great to see a buzz back in the team and the fans. Good chance on Wednesday to get back to back wins !!

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Aside from being far more incisive in posession, the big difference with this midfield is that they compete for and win a lot more 2nd balls.

They're also far more intelligent in terms of shape and positioning. Wintle today did the Gunnarsson role to perfection. I may be being a little harsh here but to me it didn't seem a coincidence that the two times we did get sliced apart was when Vaulks came on.
    It's not harsh it's true

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Delighted with the result and performance. No long throws either.

But ... thought ref was a 'homer'

Ralls may have been sent off early on if the game was in the PL or FA Cup (VAR)

Ditto for Vaulks late tackle on Grabban (played ball first but endangered an opponent with excessive force / follow through)

Forest goal as a result of Vaulks mistake (?)
    With VAR Ralls was definitely off. But also a nailed-on pen for the assault on Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Spot on.

What a difference Doyle and Wintle make and bring the best out of Ralls. Forward thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Spot on.

What a difference Doyle and Wintle make and bring the best out of Ralls. Forward thinking.
    Another poster mentioned that Wintle is the Gunnarsson replacement we've needed and I agree, quite, effective and providing the others ahead in the midfield a platform to work off. Doyle looks a top player and isn't afraid of responsibility, great stuff.

Christ I'm getting ahead of myself

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Another poster mentioned that Wintle is the Gunnarsson replacement we've needed and I agree, quite, effective and providing the others ahead in the midfield a platform to work off. Doyle looks a top player and isn't afraid of responsibility, great stuff.

Christ I'm getting ahead of myself
    I liked him when I've seen him play for Blackpool on IPTV the games I saw he sat in and was always positioned well to cut out attacks and got on the front foot to carry the ball and pass it then soy back I'm.. I like him and he can pass which is a step up on Gunnar too :)