+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Michael Hector

Michael Hector

The latest to be linked

Re: Michael Hector

We already have loads of centre-backs.

he's out if contract in the summer, so could be a good option to sign if he proves himself on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Doesn't mean they are any good, considering we haven't kept a clean sheet since August it's probably an area where we need to improve, Hector is a good player at this level, would be good signing.

Get him in and try and ship one of ours out for the rest of the season.

And? We need better ones.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The latest to be linked

Needs must and everything but not really comfortable with the amount of loans

Yes but my guess is not many he likes.

we have Nelson, Morrison, McGuiness, flint and brown here currently, and now Ng has done very well there too.
    a few people have thought that Bagan may end up playing there in a 3 and we have Connolly, Denham and Bakare in the youth setup.

doesn't seem like an urgent need in the short term but by the summer Morrison, Flint, Brown and I think Connolly will be off, so we will need players in. Hector is a good player at this level and better suited to the style of play than some of the other names mentioned.
    a loan with a view to offering him a contract in the summer might be a good move in the medium term

Quote Originally Posted by EastbourneBlue View Post
    Needs must and everything but not really comfortable with the amount of loans
    Understand your point, but to play the way he wants I think it is necessary. We don't have the players there to do as he wants them to, we looked better on Sunday and the team is more into what Mprison wants, it's no surprise we look better with the likes on Nelson Vaulks etc out of the 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    we have Nelson, Morrison, McGuiness, flint and brown here currently, and now Ng has done very well there too.
    a few people have thought that Bagan may end up playing there in a 3 and we have Connolly, Denham and Bakare in the youth setup.

doesn't seem like an urgent need in the short term but by the summer Morrison, Flint, Brown and I think Connolly will be off, so we will need players in. Hector is a good player at this level and better suited to the style of play than some of the other names mentioned.
    a loan with a view to offering him a contract in the summer might be a good move in the medium term
    Why would Connolly be off?

Maybe just an opinion "I think"

contract is up - originally signed on a one year deal, and I've not heard about any extensions

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    And? We need better ones.
    The tweet says that we would be signing him for depth. I don't really see the point if he's not going to start for us. Centre-back isn't really a position where you want to be rotating players either.

contract is up - originally signed on a one year deal, and I've not heard about any extensions
    He's gone out on loan to Rovers though which, if he impresses, would make him the most obvious candidate to step into the first team

He's gone out on loan to Rovers though which, if he impresses, would make him the most obvious candidate to step into the first team
    yes, except he'll be a free agent so he can sign for whoever he wants

yes, except he'll be a free agent so he can sign for whoever he wants
    They can extend his deal or there may be an option for an extra year, that he's the one who went out on loan would suggest he's the one the club think is most likely to feature in the first team

The tweet says that we would be signing him for depth. I don't really see the point if he's not going to start for us. Centre-back isn't really a position where you want to be rotating players either.
    Well if you take the cloggers out we DO need depth...

Football's mad though isn't it? All these clubs loaning players to other clubs in the same league like some merry-go-round. Same with the managers. Stick a new shirt on a name and we cheer them on. Though I enjoyed the win yesterday, I didn't feel any connection.