+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST. Match thread

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 2 - 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Great team performance.
    I would single out Ng, Ralls and Hugill as standouts today.
    I have never been one of Ralls' greatest fans. However, I have to concede, that was one of his best games for us in a long time.
    He broke up so much of Forest's play and used the ball much more effectively.
    I think he really benefited from having players around him who weren't static.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I have never been one of Ralls' greatest fans. However, I have to concede, that was one of his best games for us in a long time.
    I think when Packs in the team they have a tendency to look for him although not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I think when Packs in the team they have a tendency to look for him although not sure why.
    It really shows how hampered Ralls has been playing alongside Pack and Vaulks.

Wintle was great today makes me wonder why we sent him on loan in the first place.

Thank you. A little pride & faith restored today. As others have said the best performance of the season. The pace & precision through midfield plus the number of challenges won made a huge difference.

Doyle is our best loan signing since Victor.

Don’t throw all the good work away on Wednesday.

Gosh...I am so happy tonight!!! My wife and children went out for the afternoon.......they came back just after we scored our second.....and could could hear me screaming YES!!!!! form the garage basement.....

Agree with you. He got forward quite a lot too

First time that I've enjoyed watching us play at home for absolutely ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Not moaning...just that he was NOT struggling....so why disrupt things???
    Another game Wednesday so saving his legs as he hasn't played much football this season.
    Makes sense to me.

Aside from being far more incisive in posession, the big difference with this midfield is that they compete for and win a lot more 2nd balls.

They're also far more intelligent in terms of shape and positioning. Wintle today did the Gunnarsson role to perfection. I may be being a little harsh here but to me it didn't seem a coincidence that the two times we did get sliced apart was when Vaulks came on.

Looked like a completely different team today, fresh and eager….at last!!
    Keep that up next few games and we will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post

Wintle was great today makes me wonder why we sent him on loan in the first place.
    Your first sentence is spot on. We look so much better without Nelson, Bacuna, Pack and Vaulks; shame the latter came on for the dying stages though.

In Doyle and Dramah we have two young, talented and exciting players, it's just a shame theyre not ours. Hugill had a star debut. I was so impressed with him; he's an intelligent player and he certainly looks like there's plenty of goals in him. He had a big influence on our attacking play today, not just for the goal but for his general clever performance as a target man. On this performance I don't think Giles will be too badly missed.

If we beat Barnsley on Wednesday I'd say we've bought ourselves another season in the Championship and if Morison keeps this selection we might start to make upward progress in the league.

Just a final word to Vinnie, go on open your cheque book and buy Doyle Dramah and Hugill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Your first sentence is spot on. We look so much better without Nelson, Bacuna, Pack and Vaulks; shame the latter came on for the dying stages though.

In Doyle and Dramah we have two young, talented and exciting players, it's just a shame their not ours. Hugill had a star debut. I was so impressed with him; he's an intelligent player and he certainly looks like there's plenty of goals on him. He had a big influence on our attacking play today, not just for the goal but for his general clever performance as a target man. On this performance I don't think Giles will be missed.

If we beat Barnsley on Wednesday I'd say we've bought ourselves another season in the Championship and if Morison keeps this selection we might start to make upward progress in the league.

Just a final word to Vinnie, go on open your cheque book and buy Doyle Dramah an Hugill.
    Ummmm. yes....no brainer........and get rid of ....(well we all know who....) I suppose at least it does show what SM wants.....

Manager deserves some credit there. The players he’s brought in/back made a difference and the commitment of the whole team was spot on.

Great atmosphere tonight.

All the new boys did well, particularly Hughill.

Ng looked as good as when he first arrived and although we didn't keep a clean sheet, still looked a bit shaky at times, the result will do wonders for morale.

Ralls had his best game in ages.

Amazing what a couple of willing runners can do for a team. Great to see people actually wanting the ball.

The fight is far from over but with what looks like a couple of astute signings by Morison, things are looking a lot rosier than for a long while.

Up the city!!

Loved that, great game and well worth the soggy walk home. Mad how different that team is to the last one we saw at home

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post

I agree. Hopefully we can drop Pack & Vaulks from the squad soon

Good performance, shame about the goal but overall far better than last weekend. I've wanted to see Ng in the back 3 for a while and I'm glad Morison was brave enough to try it

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

In Doyle and Dramah we have two young, talented and exciting players, it's just a shame theyre not ours. Hugill had a star debut. I was so impressed with him; he's an intelligent player and he certainly looks like there's plenty of goals in him. He had a big influence on our attacking play today, not just for the goal but for his general clever performance as a target man. On this performance I don't think Giles will be too badly missed.

Just a final word to Vinnie, go on open your cheque book and buy Doyle Dramah and Hugill.
    The sooner we move on from them the better

We were very solid today , and hungry for the ball , crowd were great , nice go see some fans joy at the end, as we all drifted home in the evening drizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Loved that, great game and well worth the soggy walk home. Mad how different that team is to the last one we saw at home
    Yes, cold, wet but a warm glow and some hot soup now. Best match at home I've been to for goodness knows how long. Hughill put in an amazing shift and was knackered when he came off. All about the second ball today, hungry players, speed, pressing and tenacity. Didn't miss any of the old guard (including Moore). Steve Cooper and the Forest players weren't prepared for that side today. Neither was I! Well done Morison and the lads. Coming off the park knackered means everything and that was the kind of commitment we've needed to see.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I agree. Hopefully we can drop Pack & Vaulks from the squad soon

Good performance, shame about the goal but overall far better than last weekend. I've wanted to see Ng in the back 3 for a while and I'm glad Morison was brave enough to try it
    Delighted with the result and performance. No long throws either.

But ... thought ref was a 'homer'

Ralls may have been sent off early on if the game was in the PL or FA Cup (VAR)

Ditto for Vaulks late tackle on Grabban (played ball first but endangered an opponent with excessive force / follow through)

Forest goal as a result of Vaulks mistake (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Yes, cold, wet but a warm glow and some hot soup now. Best match at home I've been to for goodness knows how long. Hughill put in an amazing shift and was knackered when he came off. All about the second ball today, hungry players, speed, pressing and tenacity. Didn't miss any of the old guard (including Moore). Steve Cooper and the Forest players weren't prepared for that side today. Neither was I! Well done Morison and the lads. Coming off the park knackered means everything and that was the kind of commitment we've needed to see.
    Good shout that, about Cooper not expecting our tactics and performance

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Delighted with the result and performance. No long throws either.

But ... thought ref was a 'homer'

Ralls may have been sent off early on if the game was in the PL or FA Cup (VAR)

Ditto for Vaulks late tackle on Grabban (played ball first but endangered an opponent with excessive force / follow through)

Forest goal as a result of Vaulks mistake (?)
    The Forest fans really have it in for Ralls. Think he should have been sent off 3 times over and calling him Joe Brawls.😂😂😂

Really enjoyed the game and performance. Keep it up and we will soon pull clear of the drop zone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wonder if Eric is not too disappointed with us conceding at the end there? 🙂
    Funnily enough, I was hoping that we'd finally keep a clean sheet. We deserved to. It was in my mind during the game. Best defensive performance for ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Good shout that, about Cooper not expecting our tactics and performance
    That's what my wife said when I told her the result and the six "new" players, including one signed an hour before kick off. And she knows nothing about football.